What's new

LSWM's 3k Vert Donut's @ 7000ft!

LSWM

i like it. i wouldn't trim.
i'd let em go!
:laughing:

Are you being serious or is this sarcasm? At first I thought sarcasm because of the smiley, then I saw your signature saying defoliation does not increase yield...

Defoliation doesn't make plants magically grow bigger/taller/fatter nugs, but it does allow for a proper canopy to develop as well as allows nugs to grow bigger/taller/fatter due to less crowding and more direct light.

Defoliation when done properly, and where necessary, increases yield, and creates more usable product. It's the only way to get that extra fire and funk outta vert plants bro.

Last sentence was sarcasm, just to be clear.

LSWM

Bagseed 2.1 is looking delicious. The smell is very hashy with a slight fruit under note. All my bagseeds I have popped have had similar nug structure and smell. Must have had a grip of them stored away from the same batch? Idk they could be from 3 years ago, or 10. Been saving seeds and storing them in this same pill bottle since I started smoking when I was 15.

Anyways, 2.1 has a decent amount of stretch and the nug structure is very nice. Looks a lot like my WiFi without the crazy 2x stretch. Thinking it may be a keeper. I've got too many clones of a variety of genetics I don't really care for. Thinking about trashing a few and keeping ~4 strains total. Gonna be hard to watch some go as I have ~10 strains currently flowering right now.

Also this 2.1 seems like it is going to be finished much earlier, and with decent yield. Hardly any white hairs on the nugs. WiFi looks much further along as well... Hoping to see them bust out a second wind and pop out some fresh pistils. Right now the nugs are very squat and round. Most of my other strains have much longer pointy buds, which tend to foxtail a little or a bunch. These don't seem to have that problem at all.

My phone still won't upload photos to the site. I have a few pics from the SD harvest and this DTB tray. I'll try to get a couple up in the next few days as well as a update from the plants at 5-6 weeks in flower. (WiFi, BS 2.1&2.2, DTB #1&2, SD, SSH, SIS, PK and fake True OG)

LSWM

Whats that SIS?
I took down my Chernobyl today. Tiniest buds, but it stretches like no other. Frosty little girl, with a nice pine/lime flavor and aroma.

Sweet Island Skunk. I've also heard it called Island Sweet Skunk.

The single site PPK under a 600 is SIS.

Last edited:

LSWM

My buddy runs that its a good one. Great flavor and pretty tight nug development on his.

The grower I got this cut from has been running it for like 10 years, and he got the cut from a buddy of his that's been growing it since like 1990. Pretty sure it's the real deal.

It has an incredible sweet smell and large swollen calyxes in the final product. Shares a lot of similarity with Jack Herer or J1. It's seriously my favorite smoke as well. Very much a head high. This is my first time running her.

LSWM

I didn't think either if the jack phenos were like the iss, but ive heard there are 5 of them?

I've only ever sampled Jack Herer on one occasion. J1 I've seen a couple of times around. I would say it has more in common with J1 which is Jack Herer x Skunk #1.

I wish I could describe the smell but I seriously cannot do it justice. It's extremely sweet with a slight fruit undernote, definitely has a skunk/haze smell lingering in there somewhere though.

I'm always amazed at how vastly different the smells can be with cannabis, but I have never smelled a strain similar to the SIS. I can pick out the hashy notes and the lemon and citrus, as well as the obvious skunk, but this Sweet Island smells like no other.

DrFever

Veteran

Thats got to be one of the nicest vert grows i have seen on this site well done
Throw a few more 1ks to up your wattage per sq foot vertical as well horizontal ( with a slight angle ) and let them buck

i like it. i wouldn't trim.
i'd let em go!
:laughing:
If it was mine i probably would let them go,,, but i would add few more k in flower mode
your still going to get plenty of nice sized buds no doubt ??? and with the any of the crappy buds / underdeveloped making hash / oil / wax come to mind ++ both ways

Attachments

• dscf3955m.jpg
    dscf3955m.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF3949.jpg
    DSCF3949.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 16

LSWM

Gah, some bad news...

Walked away from my mixing res this morning for like 30 seconds... I had it filling the res for Flower #2. Well apparently the #2 res was already like 3/4 full and as soon as I returned I had a massive puddle of water everywhere. Had to of been at least 5 gallons. Was dripping through the floor downstairs...

I caught it super quick and grabbed a million towels, and now I have a fan blowing on those wet tiles... Here's to hoping it doesn't warp like crazy like my first spill... May end up owing the homeowner a new floor, not that this one wasn't already warped and fucked up before I started.

We'll see how things progress and if I can put the pieces back together for this trashed fucking house.

LSWM

If it was mine i probably would let them go,,, but i would add few more k in flower mode
your still going to get plenty of nice sized buds no doubt ??? and with the any of the crappy buds / underdeveloped making hash / oil / wax come to mind ++ both ways

You go on and on in one thread about how vert sucks and better nug development is found in horizontal and vert is all larfy bullshit...

Then you turn around and advise this guy not to trim out any nodes and let it run wild.

...I'm starting to think you want to watch this guy fail just so you can talk more shit about vert.

And wtf are you doing in my thread again? I've asked you to leave multiple times already. Not enough action in the other threads around, you have to come barge into mine?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran

The goal of every grower I know is good bud. The point of removing the undeveloped or stuff that won't develope is to maximize bud production. It is not just in the vert section that pruning is practiced. You are in direct conflicted with nearly every grower that I know or read about on trimming to reduce larf.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear about the mishap LSWM.

Gotta keep a shopvac around just for shit like that. Hope it all works out bro

LSWM

Sorry to hear about the mishap LSWM.

Gotta keep a shopvac around just for shit like that. Hope it all works out bro

The shop vac was around, but there was absolutely nothing it would have done to change the situation.

This fucking wood laminate flooring is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Water flows right through it, and then what gets stuck in the crevices soaks into the wood and warps the tiles. Seriously all it would take is someone to spill a glass of water and the shit would be fucked, which I'm sure is how the floor got messed up before I arrived.

It's already warping up pretty badly. I've got some heavy shit sitting on top of it trying to keep it flat, which isn't working out so well.

I already needed to fix another section so I guess this will be a larger project in the end. I figure if I take some whole pieces and make them half pieces I'll be able to get it to lay flat... The floor was fucked before, but not quite this badly.

Miraculous Meds

The shop vac was around, but there was absolutely nothing it would have done to change the situation.

This fucking wood laminate flooring is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Water flows right through it, and then what gets stuck in the crevices soaks into the wood and warps the tiles. Seriously all it would take is someone to spill a glass of water and the shit would be fucked, which I'm sure is how the floor got messed up before I arrived.

It's already warping up pretty badly. I've got some heavy shit sitting on top of it trying to keep it flat, which isn't working out so well.

I already needed to fix another section so I guess this will be a larger project in the end. I figure if I take some whole pieces and make them half pieces I'll be able to get it to lay flat... The floor was fucked before, but not quite this badly.

Yeah that shit cant take water at all, a bad choice for kitchens or bathrooms, or grow rooms lol. Super easy to lay down though.

LSWM

Yeah that shit cant take water at all, a bad choice for kitchens or bathrooms, or grow rooms lol. Super easy to lay down though.

Funny thing is that the bathroom next door has it... This house is seriously just a big wooden frame that has seen 20 different jerry rigged setups...

I feel kinda bad about it, but at the same time I've also improved portions of the place, as well as it already being trashed to begin with. Holes in the wooden interior wall paneling, broken door handles and stuck windows and doors. Broken glass in the yard... It goes on and on.