What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LST pictures....

Moleculist

I have a lot of fun growing my plants into goofy shapes. This one I trained similarly to how you would grow a fruit tree on a fence. :p

Ganja Kirbya

Great grow first off! I'm starting to plan my first grow and I was pretty much set on using a SCROG, but now that I've seen this and how easy LSTing is, I'm not sure.

Your plants look like they're doing great though! Good luck on harvesting.

southwind

AWESOME GORGEOUS PERFECT CAPS LOCK!

WHAT SOIL, FERTILIZERS?
STRAIN?

THANK YOU.
SW
Hawk said:
Yeah, the folder clips work great.

Here's some more pics I just took.

48 days total, 8 days 12/12

46831P6170005_Large_.JPG

46831P6170014_Large_.JPG

46831magnify.JPG

Hawk

Strain is unknown bagseed. Two appear the same/similar strain while one is different. The soil is Roots Organics mixed with additional perlite. Ferts are Technaflora--their "Recipe for Success Starter Kit". I've more or less followed the included fertilizing instructions except at 1/2 strength. I can't complain about the nutes or the soil and will probably use them again. I figure if they helped get me this far on my first try, I'm sticking with them until I have a reason to change.

C

Cozy Amnesia

Hawk said:

This is amazing! Nice work, and I mean that for the plants and for the animated gif. As a first-time-LST-er, this really helps me to visualize the process.

Hawk

Hey thanks!

They're still doing fine I think. Although I might have mis-timed the harvest a bit [shrug]. I guess I was shooting for about 65 days without really knowing. It's been 75 days now. I've been watching the trichs which you can read about in this thread. I took the "first" cola on day 65 (I say "first" because I did steal several tasters along the way :kos: ). I've cut nine more since day 65. There's gotta be at least 25 still on the plants.

If I had known I might be going past 12 weeks of flowering I would have continued giving them nutes for longer...maybe. Their last nute watering was three weeks ago. The fan leaves had already begun "aging" even before I stopped giving nutes. Maybe they weren't getting enough early on? I did try and stay on top of that.

Point is, they've now lost basically all of their fan leaves. The one plant of a different strain (middle in 1st pic below) looks done to the naked eye (most pistils brown and it just looks fully mature--the scope shows barely any amber trichs though). The other plants' buds still seem to be growing some--even with dying/missing fan leaves. I'd like to let the trichs of all three mature more but the plants' general appearance makes me question my ability to recognize the proper time to harvest. I dunno. I'm gonna "dollar-cost-average" so to speak and stagger the harvest to try and learn about when to harvest.

What I've cut so far definitely gets me high and with a proper cure could be quite tasty/aromatic (should be, I think). It's already decent. And I'm in a bit of a vacuum when it comes to comparing buds and highs. But that said, I was hoping to harvest something especially potent. I'd like to grow buds that really knock my socks off. Not sure if these buds are really there yet. Maybe my standards are high (no pun) and these bagseed plants just don't have it in them while under my care. Time should tell. Regardless, if all the bud I get is only equal to what I've already harvested, I couldn't complain one peep. The last bag I bought was a $60 oz of brick. It wasn't bunk but it left a lot to be desired. This stuff I just grew kills it in every way.

Here they are after I pulled out any leaves that looked dead and would just pull off by hand. You can see where some stems have been harvested.

After that pic I cut four more and put them back in their place.

I've now cut and trimmed 226 wet grams for drying. I figure if I loose 80% weight in drying that would be about 45 grams (1.5 oz). Most of that is hanging here...

So I'm guessing I could see 4+ oz, maybe even 5+. :jump: We'll see.

nice grow hawk, especialy for your first you got some skills my dude. i love lst'in its all i know. though i might take a stab @ a srog or sog next go around. but hey check out my triangle kush girls they been veging for about 35 days or so havent really been counting. i gonna flip these bitches any day now since i got clones to make mothers with. i know its gonna be some killer. but yo hawk dont worry bout the potency it was bagseed to begin with no? on the real be satisfied that you got what it takes to grow healthy plants. cause you will only get better n better @ it bro

triangle kush #2

group shot

Grizz

Veteran
great job and very informative, I think you flushed them perfect, the taste will be perfect due to getting all the chems out of them, well done.

Quazi

Hawk said:
I've now cut and trimmed 226 wet grams for drying. I figure if I loose 80% weight in drying that would be about 45 grams (1.5 oz). Most of that is hanging here...

So I'm guessing I could see 4+ oz, maybe even 5+. :jump: We'll see.
That looks like a success to me man.

Great job. It'll be interesting to see how much you lose.

:respect:

Cheers!
:rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts