What's new
New year new shots at THC!! :D

Here's the particulars of what I'm intending to grow this year/season:
*Zombie Virus 5X
*Sour Puss 5X
both are ~O.G.A~strains..the lineage of those strains are not known to me (for now, I might be able to get some more info later on)and I suggest y'all check the OGA threads!!
*Core's 008 2X
*Pipeline's Chunky Micks 08 3X
The lineage of Core's 008 are a secret too (for now, i might be able to get some info on those in the coming months..)
The lineage of Pipeline's Chunky Micks are (if I remember correctly..)EDIT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chunky Micks '08 is a bulk blend of seed from a number of strains pollinated by 3 stamenant Deep Chunk plants. The possible pistilate plants in the blend are Deep Chunk x (Erocket x Danish Passion), Erocket x Danish Passion, Chunky Micks '07, BOG Medely x (SAGE x Deep Chunk), (B3 x N7) x (Erdbeer x Purpurea), Apollo 11 x (Erdbeer x Purpurea), Perun, Night Hail Ultra, Danish Passion, and Early Durban
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was the danish strains in all these crossings combined with the Deep Chunck that made me want these babies..and they're currently up again in the ServerFund auction

Housing
I'll be using a Homebox XS (dimensions: 1.20mtrs highX0.60mtrs deepX 0.60mtrs wide) for vegging with an Econolight 250watt blue spectrum
and I'll be using a Silverbox L (dimensions: 1.80mtrs highX1.00mtrs deepX1.00mtrs wide) with either two Econolights 200wtts one red and one purple spectrum or just an ordinary 400watt HPS if my funds don't allow for the Econolights..
Food
I'm currently still using the entire BioBizz line grow/bloom/rootjuice/topmaxx although I'm thinking of switching to Canna Vega 'cause I've seen quite a lot of good results on those nutes around these boards..

So here's some pix of what I'm using:

And here's my new babies:
I've put them str8 into soil no soaking or germing in paper towels..just into seedling soil and into the heated propagator they went..

Red=ZV, blue=SP,green=Core's 008,yellow=Pipeline's Chunky Micks

That happened on the 7th of april and now (11th april) here are the first sprouts:

Almost all (minus 1 Sour Puss) OGA beans sprouted and so far 1 008 and 1
Chunky Mick have popped up.

Well that's it for now
Be seeing yaz laterz
:wave: Low

Last edited:

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes yes , low :yes: nice 1 bro
nice to see it all starting again
supplies came quick then eh
i personnally hate them propergators
now they are up mate id get rid of the lid and get a little fan on them

:respect: :lurk:

JamieShoes Cool, thnx mate :yes:
Domino thnx mate !
M@rg Ya think I could already do that?? I have discovered that this so called cool light gives off quite a lot of heat !!:confused: So I do need a fan, might also be because my Homebox XS is a bit too small for all this heat??
I've bought this Econolight thing because it said it would save up to 70% on energy, Now i'm thinking that might not be the case..Hmmm, we'll see
Thanx fer the encouragement gents! :smoke:

Txt only update

Txt only update

Alright, well 5 outta 5 Zombies are up, 4 outta 5 Sour Puss', 1 outta 2 008's and 1 outta 3 Chunky Micks..
Now i'm afraid I've overwatered the tray the Micks and 008's were in so therefore some of the beans started to rot instead of root :eek::
The perpetual n00b, that'll be me! :laughing:

Took the top off the propagator and got an extraction fan inthere to deal with the amount of heat my light gives off and speaking of that..: I was thinking that maybe the amount of heat and or lumens my light puts out is a lot more then just ordinary 250 watts? like those energy saving CFLs they state that these thingies produce a lot more watts say for example the CFL says it uses 8 watts but puts out the equavalence of 25 watts...I'm thinkin my lamp works the same way so it's using 250 watts and might be puttin out a lot more???
'Neways..i'm still rooting around in my grow-stuff to find my comp.fan that i'd hooked up to an abandoned 12 volt adapter except I can't find it :wallbash:
So maybe i'll have to hook up another PC fan to some regular power cable..anybody know whether that's a smart idea or am I potentially gonna burn the house down if i do that?? :1help:

That's all for today, 'till next time!

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
mate, I'm no expert, but I wouldnt run a pc fan off the mains directly... do you have any old phone chargers around? (one of your mates must have one somewhere).. or even a pc power unit..

my thoughts on CFLs are they work great for me. I have 170 watts of CFL in veg/clone box and everything is "tickedy boo".. I don't have any proper info for you in terms of lumes, footprint size and all that good stuff. But, they grow plants and they don't need much cooling. The "equivlant" rating is also boosted by the fact that you keep the bulb just 3 cm from the plant tops ...

happy growing
j :smile:

p.s nice to see all your beans coming through..well, nearly all... they sound freaky deaky awesome btw... not the usual stuff you hear about "this side of the pond"

Hey J!
Thnx for the advice!!, i'm gonna root around some more, I know i've got that thing somewhere just can't remember where I put it :wallbash: and if that's not gonna work, i've got another 12volt adapter lying around you know the kind? the ones that power walkmans and such appliances..
Almost all of the beans i've got going at the moment were gifted to me the OGA beans (Zombie Virus and Sour Puss) were given to me for testing just f*cked up my first try unfortunately:spank: luckily i didn't drop all beans all at once so now i've got another chance. The 008 were gifted to me by Core (got alot of other beans from him as well, the ones featured in the freebie thread and other threads like Dr Dog's and Core's own thread naturally) and the Chunky Micks I got from the 420 fundraiser seed auction :joint:
Can't wait till they get bigger and show me their characteristics..I can already see some differences though as tiny as they are right now: the Chunky Micks have very fat leaves already...the flags (yellow for CM, green for 008) got a bit bleached out so i was thinkin; "which is which??" took a closer look and realised the Micks had fatter true leaves then the 008 :D
Thanx for stoppin in and helpin' out! :respect:

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey low ,yeah nice selection , im runnin the oga stock nxt run :yes:there gonna be sick bro

there prob just settling into the pots now , i wouldnt worry about the fan as far as heats concerened, it helps them strenthen up on the stretch more.
ur gonna need a desktop fan soon tho when they go into nxt pot
dont drop that 200w right on there heads yet give them a little space ....7-10 inch :2cents:

:respect:

M@rg:Thanx Mate!! I'll raise the light some then, was a bit worried about stretch is all..

And here's another picture update:
first pic is all the sprouts
2nd pic from the top left to the right: Sour Puss, Zombie Virus, Zombie Virus
from the bottom left to right: Sour Puss, Sour Puss, Zombie Virus
3rd pic from left to right:Sour Puss, Zombie Virus, Zombie Virus
4th pic from left to right:Chunky Mick, 008

Still haven't found my pc-fan but i'm gonna find it before the next re-potting which I think will take place in another 4 to 5 days or so, or should I move them to their next pots sooner??
'Neways, that's it for now..

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Hey High Low

Just seen it, tagging in

I would leave the plants in those trays until they seem to be busting out, possibly a week.

I would also recommend that you do not use straight ac on the pc fan either. They are made for DC power, like was mentioned earlier cell phone chargers and the like would work just fine for you

:wave:
Thnx fer the advice, i'll either find my pc-fan which i'd already modded or imma mod another one that i've got lying around with one of those chargers/adapters ya can use to power discmans and the like they'll put out 12 volt max so i should be good then right?
And I'll wait another week before repotting..just anxious to get this show goin :D
Laterz, Low

It such nice weather outside overhere that I decided to put the babies outside, free light, free air-movement what more could a grower want?
Anyways, here are some pix I took to show off the second set of true leaves and of course to show how vigorous they're growing:

The SP's and ZV's are numbered by how vigorous they've been growin' although i'm suspecting the ones that grow fastest to be male..

Till next update..

Pix-happy :-D

Pix-happy :-D

Hey all :wave:

Hmm, 'twas such lovely weather outside that I coulnd't help meself and snapped a few more pix :D
326678378smiley-takephoto.gif

Here they be:

picture.php

The Sour Puss up front and the Zombie Virus in the back..

picture.php

008 in the back, Chunky Mick up front

picture.php

Different Angle, SP forefront of shot, ZV's in the background

picture.php

Topshot of all of them..

picture.php

Well this is my closest attempt @ a macro shot with the camera's macro-setting till date :smile:

I have fed them a light dose of rootjuice two days ago since they're still in seedling soil and as far as I know..The seedlingsoil isn't fertilized what-so-ever..

Till next update :joint:
Low

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
looks good in here mate... nice photos :smile:

(those red cfls should be arriving today btw :woohoo:)

:wave:
Hey Jamie thnx mate :yes: :smile:

The good weather inspired me to go and check on roots, and there were lots of em :laughing: so I decided to do the first repot up-potting of this round/season..

Root pr0n, Zombie Virus:

Zombie's 1 to 4 featured in ^^these pix, forgot to take a pic of roots of ZV 5

Sour Puss 1 till 4 : see below

Chunky Mick

Here's all of them enoying the sunshine out on the terrace:

Sour Puss on the left, Zombie Virus in the back of the pic, Chunky Mick bottom-left, 008 bottom-right

And here they are in my gardenshed which also acts as a greenhouse of sorts..:D

Have fed them all a lil bit of rootjuice once again to promote healthy root-growth after the transplanting..

Till next update

:smoweed: Low

MRBIg$

What the f*** you mean 350$ a oz
Veteran
lowz back

lowz back

Sup brotha good to see you back loving the looks of your baby's looking very healthy this should be a great grow cant wait to see what you get out of these baby's i be around peace brotha :respect::wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts