What's new

Low THC high CBD strains

Squirrel Master

Hey everyone, I’m looking to grow a great quality strain that my old man can tolerate and enjoy. He was a regular smoker in the late 60’s to mid 70’s but quit after my sister was born. He tried to smoke again a few times after legalization in 2017 but kept getting horrible anxiety. He’s not interested in edibles and tinctures so I’ve been looking for a low THC high CBD strain that will give him the munchies, giggles and allow him to relax.
Any strain recommendations are greatly appreciated. Especially if they are easy to acquire. Difficultly to grow is not an issue
🤙

goingrey

The munchies and giggles are effects of THC so it might be difficult to find a low-THC strain like that.

But if you want to try you could go with CBD #1 from ACE. Check out this thread:

Perhaps a balanced 1:1 THC:CBD strain might be better though. All of the big banks Greenhouse, Dutch Passion etc have their CBD lines nowadays, not to mention CBD Crew, with both balanced and low-THC options available. One balanced strain I've heard good things about is Fast Eddy CBD Auto from Royal Queen Seeds.

revegeta666

Most of the common THC rich strains are very strong. Way too strong in many cases in my opinion. If you don't have any tolerance built up, high amounts of THC can induce anxiety. There are lower THC strains, with no CBD, that are more fun in my opinion than CBD rich strains at least those I tried myself. For example I really like Nepal Jam, it is a very mild sativa hybrid, very uplifting and relaxing at the same time. My friend who gets anxiety from every cookies/kush/skunk weed really enjoys this one. It's the kind of weed that just brightens your day a little bit and does indeed make you giggle. Easy to grow for noobies.

But the dosage of THC is key I think to avoid anxiety in someone not used to weed. Even with a stronger weed, it might just be a matter of taking one single toke, or 2, to have a more fun high than smoking a whole joint. If your dad likes it he will probably eventually build the tolerance and the anxiety will go away. Unless the anxiety is related to somekind of condition. Microdosing THC and also mushrooms and ketamine are used to treat depression and anxiety issues.

I would say try CBD strains but also look for a couple of plants with low THC, some are as low as 5-8% as opposed to the much higher numbers we see in most commercial strains. Sometimes you just want to have a beer. Your dad doesn't need to chug on the tequila bottle right away :)

Squirrel Master

The munchies and giggles are effects of THC so it might be difficult to find a low-THC strain like that.

But if you want to try you could go with CBD #1 from ACE. Check out this thread:

Perhaps a balanced 1:1 THC:CBD strain might be better though. All of the big banks Greenhouse, Dutch Passion etc have their CBD lines nowadays, not to mention CBD Crew, with both balanced and low-THC options available. One balanced strain I've heard good things about is Fast Eddy CBD Auto from Royal Queen Seeds.
Hey goinggrey thanks so much! Really helpful info and a great thread link!

Somatek

I grow Highlo from House of the Great Gardener for high CBD needs (mostly my parents) or blending into mixes for people that aren't heavy smokers to take the edge off the high THC varieties I grow.

Highlo Strain Description (from their website)
This 20:1 high CBD low THC Cannatonic IBL strain is high on healing properties and low on psychoactive effects. Known to reduce physical and mental aches and pains, the Highlo certainly induces a calm and relaxed state of mind. She has beautiful light green flowers and a fruity aroma with distinctive cherry undertones.

Our tests reveal 94% of seed are high CBD, low THC; and 100% are high CBD.

TERPENES: Myrcene, Limonene, Humulene, Caryophyllene, Linalool

Popey

Veteran
As others wrote: a strain with very low THC won't give effect like a giggle. There must be at least a few % THC. I think that the best will be THC: CBD about 1:1, 1: 2 so I suggest Blueblood from Medicann Seeds or others with similar THC to CBD.

Last edited:

Somatek

As others wrote: a strain with very low THC won't give effect like a giggle. There must be at least a few % THC. I think that the best will be THC: CBD about 1:1, 1: 2 so I suggest Blueblood from Medicann Seeds or others with similar THC to CBD.
Which is why I mentioned blending it as I find that's the most effective way to consistently dose people, find a blend of high THC and high CBD that creates the desired effect, whether that's 1:1 or 1:2 or whatever. Instead of growing a dozen varieties to find plants with ratio's that work, which also locks them into using specific varieties, I prefer the flexibility of having a variety with mostly CBD to blend as it's easier to experiment with different ratio's and also offers more variety as they can endlessly try different high THC varieties by just blending to the ratio they enjoy. Different approach for the same end result

Squirrel Master

Ya… seems blending is the way to go. I’ll play around with some of the suggestions and see if we can find that happy place 😋
Greatly appreciate all the generous info 🤙
Really happy I found this place

Latest posts

Latest posts