What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Low budget bagseed

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Personally, if plant looked like that, I'd start over!!!

Scrub the container, get good bagged soil, add perlite and start again. Keeping your area clean is also needed.

Aleph-Null

PoweredByHaters, the seeds get covered with capsaicin when the placenta is disturbed, that's all. Much like cannabis seed doesn't contain THC, nor do chilli seeds contain capsaicin.

GNZ, I'm not sure about cab temps. The weather has been between 10 and 20 night/day. The house is pretty well insulated and the cab keeps the room it sits in at a comfortable, probably stable (talking out my ass here) temp. We're still in veg and after upping the feed growth has noticeably increased.

AridBud, I would were it not for low funds/supplies/the usual excuses. I planted 4 bagseeds of unknown strain initially, this is the only one to sprout. It seems to be doing ok despite my best efforts to kill it! I do have 2 more seeds to work with (supposedly AK47) but want to try to get a grow under my belt before I go ahead and use those (or indeed grab some from a more reputable source).
Right now I want to try keeping this one alive, but when I'm in a better position I'll definitely keep in mind when to cut my losses.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
the only time you should kill a plant and start over is if it's trying to kill you. unless the roots are dead there's no reason to kill a plant and start over. i wouldn't listen to that guy he's most likely no clue about growing micro or under cfl's. i bet he's used to easy mode growing with big lights and big pots and ample space. he doesn't know about the struggle.

your plant is fine. keep up the keepin up.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the only time you should kill a plant and start over is if it's trying to kill you. unless the roots are dead there's no reason to kill a plant and start over. i wouldn't listen to that guy he's most likely no clue about growing micro or under cfl's. i bet he's used to easy mode growing with big lights and big pots and ample space. he doesn't know about the struggle.

your plant is fine. keep up the keepin up.

Wow! Assumptions, PBH! Trying to revive a plant with that many problems with nutrient imbalance or choking roots not having sufficient substrate ratio, bugs, it can survive as plants are resilient, but the final product will be minimal.

You learn through mistakes...we all have. Have grown in a multitude of environments, including small areas, PC grows in my 45 yrs of plant cultivation....indoors....CFL's, fluoro back when, HID, LED, outdoors, hydro, soil......yeah, I think I know how to grow.

But to make assumptions without knowing the grower, best keep your 'hate' comments alone.

Good luck!

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
what many problems you n00b sack his plant is slightly hungry. that's it. 45 years of cultivation and you think a slight nitrogen and mag def is "many problems" and he should kill that plant and start over? i dunno what you were doing those 45 years, but you wasted your time. you should get a refund.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
one last thing, didn't mean to clog up your thread with bullshit but when you got as many fans as i do it's inevitable. they don't want me speaking truths for some reason.

picture.php

this plant was doing good till i put it into flower. then it just started giving me headaches. looked hungry, then looked locked out. nothing i was doing was helping too much. leaves just kept dropping off. if i had asked one of these other less knowledgable guys for help they most likely would have said "kill it and start over" why would i do that when i invested 8 weeks of my life into this plant?

picture.php

picture.php

i kept studying it trying to understand the problem.

picture.php

eventually i figured i didn't give it enough nitrogen during stretch. once the stretch was over and it didn't need nitrogen as much it turned out fine. i suppose it could have been a bit bigger if it had more nitrogen. but in the end i got weed and i learned lessons.

and thats what it's about. learning. when you kill a plant and start over, you don't learn anything. that's why i know your plant is fine and will be ok, whereas MR.45Years over here thinks you're doomed.

difference between knowing and believing.

some people just believe, some people actually know.

Last edited:

Hash2k

Pbh your so agressive,you have good intentions i assume,but characters like you are the reason soooooo many of us lurk for years and never post..... i truly dont know much but i would grow that plant out just to say you did it.or just scrap it..some sites sell seeds for under 20$ if you cant manage 20 in a month dont grow till you can do it better...im sure pbh gonna fire at me next ohwell...stay positive bro

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
i'm not aggressive i just don't take shit. why would i fire at you? i only return fire. don't throw rocks and not expect to get one back.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just said, I'd scrap it, my preference ....whatever....weren't you banned from a different name, PBH?

Hoping it becomes more than a bud on a stick for the grower....just sayin'

No matter....you've proved you can grow. Yay for you!!

You don't need to be loathsome of opinion. The grower will learn from experiences and get better each time.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pbh your so agressive,you have good intentions i assume,but characters like you are the reason soooooo many of us lurk for years and never post..... i truly dont know much but i would grow that plant out just to say you did it.or just scrap it..some sites sell seeds for under 20$ if you cant manage 20 in a month dont grow till you can do it better...im sure pbh gonna fire at me next ohwell...stay positive bro

Well said....you grow, you learn, you appreciate. Appreciate your sage words.

And nothing wrong with bag seed....grew those out for years. Biggest change....making medium 'root friendly"....not using cheap soils that have gnats in them, using perlite in the soil mix for root aeration, light feeding, not overwatering.....made mistakes and amended, adequate dranage.

Last edited:

Hash2k

Im here to learn and enjoy the cannabis plant in all its beauty....negativity and such is not warranted... we are all adults(i hope) and men(i think) we shouldnt attack eachother over OPINIONS,seeing how we are all entitled to one..but a good clean no naming calling debate never harmed anyone either..

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
i got banned from a lot of names. i lost count. i dun get it, all i do is help people and defend myself when people attack me. problem?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i got banned from a lot of names. i lost count. i dun get it, all i do is help people and defend myself when people attack me. problem?

just a thought, you might want to think about things a bit deeper, if you got banned countless times, it might have some thing to do with you after all. i mean it's unlikely every single one of those mods accross the www was out to get you when you got banned. further more your posts in this discussion provide even more insight as to how those previous countless banns manifested themselves in your online life.

its not only about what you say, or even if you are right or wrong, a lot has to do with how information is provided.

the other thing is your chosen handle, it's kinda asking for shit before you even make the first post, lmao.....

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
um no. i don't wanna call names since i don't remember which one of the mods it was. although your name does sound familiar. i was in a thread about using period blood for nutes. some guy who shall remain nameless goes off on a mysogynistic rant about how chicks shouldn't be doing this and that and about how she's gonna give people aids in their weed and some other nonsense. i posted exactly 3 posts. 2 were to refute said claims of blood borne diseases being spread through plants and smoked buds. the third was me congratulating the original guy who shall remain nameless for not completely being a douchebag when he doxxed (link your fake online persona to your real life persona) the chick outing her instagram. i said well at least you had the decency to blur her face.

what was the result of that? lol a guy who i can't remember tells me i have an attitude problem and a loud mouth then bans me. lol. he must have had me confused with the other guy in the thread is all i could think. but i never got a chance to respond as you know...you can't talk back when you get banned...and if you or anyone else on a separate account tries to bring up the issue...they get banned too...real 1939 germany ...

anyway i don't lie it's all still there for you to see. search for a thread about using menstrual blood as ferts. my name was marthafocker.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
just a thought, you might want to think about things a bit deeper, if you got banned countless times, it might have some thing to do with you after all. i mean it's unlikely every single one of those mods accross the www was out to get you when you got banned. further more your posts in this discussion provide even more insight as to how those previous countless banns manifested themselves in your online life.

its not only about what you say, or even if you are right or wrong, a lot has to do with how information is provided.

the other thing is your chosen handle, it's kinda asking for shit before you even make the first post, lmao.....

so basically you're saying you're discriminating me based on my name. which doesn't reference anyone in particular. they say if you throw a brick in a crowd the only one who yells out is the ***** that got hit. all these people coming at me because of my name before i even say a word...whats that tell you?

anyway as for my countless bans. the only issue that has ever been prevalent as a cause for why people hate me is because i do my own thing. all through the years on the different handles it's always the same thing "your plants look like shit" "you don't take our advice" my plants sometimes look bad. why does that offend everyone? i don't take peoples advice (it's usually almost always WRONG) fuck your advice...why does that offend people?

search my names and read any thread i've ever started it's always the same. they don't like my pics, and they mad i don't wanna do what they say. eat my balls. expletives.

i'm doing it hard...stepped up a level...nightmare difficulty.

i don't need the advices. i don't have pretty leaves. deal with it.

certainly no reason to ban me though lol. nothing in the rules say i have to do either of those things. :thank you:

sorry bout your thread again bro can't seem to avoid leaving fire everywhere. someone delete this after you get through reading it.

Aleph-Null

Whoa hey chill, it's cool folks! I appreciate all positive or constructive feedback, in the end it's me who's going to act on whatever I feel is appropriate, whether it's the correct course of action or not. Icmag seems to have such an amazing signal:noise, let's not tarnish that more than we need to :p
Regarding names/tags/identifiers, there's always some sliver of ourselves in them. Defiance, acceptance, interests, location, whatever. Other's interpretation of that is totally valid as it's the first thing we see and know (or interpret) about you. And please let's avoid making reference to nazi Germany? Forum moderation =/= genocide, no way no how.

ON TOPIC

PBH, (why didn't I contract that name earlier? Much easier to type!) thanks for sticking around, I've found your advice prompt, helpful and most importantly reassuring. That plant looks good btw, do you remember the yield at all?

AridBud, 45yrs, damn we've got a veteran! Thanks for stopping in. I'll try to learn each lesson as it's presented by the plant, and in an ideal situation it probably is far easier to scrap it and start again. I've probably got to take this one up to a bigger pot eventually, depending on timeframes I'll try to get some better soil for it (or at least bake what I've got to reduce my issues to the barky crap without worrying so much about extraneous fauna)

Hash2k, I'd certainly hope we're all adults, regardless of geography-specific legality! Men, well, I'm repping for the girls here, sorry to disappoint :p
I'll definitely be looking at quality seeds once I'm comfortable growing, but until then I'm sticking with whatever I find in the bottom of the bag haha!

EastCoast710, yeah, I bought the cheapest shit I could find, being hasty and poor. It'll come back to bite me on the ass (if it hasn't already. Where the hell did those bugs come from otherwise?), no doubt.

Attached are 3 shots from this morning. This thing's getting bushy, staying squat. I've probably short-changed myself by messing with LST (not to mention snapping the stem) so early in development, but hey. Things to note for next time.
Hate to get all 90s/00s bullshit rave scene on you all, but PLUR yo.
Hope everyone has a good day :tiphat:

Attachments

• DSC_0049.jpg
    DSC_0049.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0050.jpg
    DSC_0050.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0051.jpg
    DSC_0051.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 7

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aleph-
You can gently dig up plant and root ball, careful you aren't severing any roots.....throw out the cheap soil, mix your own (bake it to kill pathogens/pests, esp. if you are growing indoors), add perlite, then replant....I'd wash/scrub the bucket, make sure adequate drainage holes, refill with your soil, or Fertilome, or other bought soil at a plant nursery. It's worth it, not skimping on what substrate feeds plant/houses your roots!

Use only 1/2 strength nutes. every 3rd watering. Biggest mistakes, over fertilizing, over watering, too compact soil.

Or take notes on how your plants respond with a change in how you do it the next time. It's a learning curve. Good luck!

If PBH would stick to grow advice (he does make some viable points and shown his prowess in growing) and not slurs/rants, it'd be better for you, to educate you.

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm not aggressive i just don't take shit. why would i fire at you? i only return fire. don't throw rocks and not expect to get one back.

Yes, the former stihgnobevoli, sunglasses, martha focker....you do make some valid points!! There's hundreds of ways to grow this awesome plant. We're allowed to have differing opinions.

Concentrate on your strengths, not your pettiness.....others will thank you for your sage contributions.

Several others have offered up good advice as well, helping Bag seed on a budget ways to improve or see his work come to fruition....that's our collective aim, is it not? Best of luck preening the positive.

Gnz

For a bunch of smokers that got aggressive fast!

Aleph, sounds like you've got some great advice and even if this one doesn't pull through the next one should be a breeze.

I've found once you know the environment is dialed, you know your medium works and have a reliable watering routine it makes diagnosing any problems easier. Definitely sounds like you'll get all those points ironed out with this grow!

Latest posts

Latest posts