What's new

LoveShack of Pain

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
wow very nice build. rofl that pile of supplies looks like my floor right now...hahah your build reminds me of mine. I love the square filter..wish I woulda seen that a few days ago before I decided on a round one.

The square filter is nice, the only issue is that it's more of a rectangle and the carbon is thicker in some parts and thinner in the other. I have those two auto's in the veg cab, and they were starting to stink the place up. I put that filter on and bam, no more smells. I am going to keep close watch though, cause I may have to put in a 90 and make a round filter too.... That or I am going to make a frame around the outlet with 1x1 and then make a 1x1 filter on top that is just flat. We shall see though. Only if it starts stinking will I bother. Thanks for the encouragement.

My build took me about two weeks from start to where it's at right now. My girl was about to kill me because our room looked like that pile of supplies for two weeks :p. It's finally clean now. I just wish I had those last two sockets, because those auto's really need to be in bloom mode.

oldone

Nice job on the cab colorado, look very well thought out and built.

How noisy is that fan? You may reduce its noise by soft mounting it instead of directly to the wood. I had to.

See ya,
OO

There is no problems of noise with the fan outside of the air rushing through my filter. I am sitting with the exhaust hole pointed straight at my head and all i here is the noise of a vent in your house when the a/c is on. I don't have a grill on it, nor have I put any muffling devices on it. Though, I am sure that will change. I am still a week away on two of my sockets for my 4 pl-l bulbs... I need to get my auto's into flower though, so I am going to go ahead and just hook up two bulbs and run 110 watts for a while until the other two bulbs come in. Not to mention my mums are getting almost to the size where I can take one clone off each. I am ready for some stink to come from that cab.... I want to see what this thing can do. :) I am already thinking up coco drippers/co2/cooling/dehumidification.... if anyone has suggestions lemme know. :) Thanks for the support... I will keep this going until I get paranoid :)

311devon

VERY nice cabinet my man, i should know, i've been a pro cabinetmaker for 15 years. one suggestion, if the shelves are engineered lumber, i.e. plywood,mdf,particle board, you may want to put a cleat under each end of 'em. 20 or so wet bottles with soil might be enough weight to split the screws out of the ends unless they are spaced every couple inches or you used gorilla glue or epoxy. I think you'll be suprised how much heat the bulbs will make. I'm running 7 x 42w in a 2.7 sqft box. I first tried a 100cfm crapper fan and shut the box down when the internal temp hit 128f ten inches from the floor! It had run a whopping 45min. I've messed with all kinds of mechanical stuff all my life and couldnt believe it. Cfl's run cool my ass. They just dont have the heat gain from all the infared a hps puts out. Less, but still f-ing hot! I am now running BIG blower exhausting through the top. It's considerably oversized but ya cant beat picking it up off the shop floor at pops house for free! I'm guessing it is at least 1000cfm. The box runs at ambient temps now, but generates enough heat to raise the temp in my finished and ducted basement up 8-10 degrees after an eleven hour run.
Got a few ?'s for ya....how's the carbon filter built? i noticed shultz in the pic, are you running it in the ffof and the GH in the coco? is it 100% coco or coco/______?
Feel free to ask me anything you wish, glad to share....

oldone

paranoia is a good thing...

I'm glad you dont have noise problems. I guess I live in a quite house because I got "...Dad whats that noise?..." within an hour of a new bubble cloner going active.

Good idea with the lighting, get those PLL beauties going. Is this your first grow? My advice would be to keep it simple. Dont worry about CO2 and shit, just dial in your cab.

Best of Luck,
OO

311devon

yeah that^^^ From what i know about co2 there is too much draft required by these little budsicle machines for it to be effective.
edit: Unless you got bookoo $$$ to spend on co2.....

311Devon - I used two rectangle shop storage units, one bigger then the other. I rapped the interior one with panty hose and lined the exterior one with felt, I then laid an inch of carbon down, put the smaller box into the bigger one in the center and filled the outsides with carbon... Then wrapped the bottom tight with good ol'duct tape. There is a thread of someone's filter that I basically copied. I can't seem to find it though. It's a filter that he claims last 12+ months in his room, though his is a larger scale and the room is HUGE. Sorry, I can't link you too it. Though, I promise I tried. :) The wood I used was Birch Finish wood, so it's solid. I used a few coats of latex paint and sealed any exposure with latex caulk. So, water damage hopefully wont be an issue. The shultz is just for the moms, I don't need to be wasting good ferts on something that grows like a weed and is going to be used simply for cuttings anyway. I will be using heads/rez's 6/9 with the GH nuts, and I will start coco with my first cuttings most likely. I need to get some cal mag first. I will also be using blackstrap molasses. I have a bubble cloner that will be built and installed on my next paycheck.
My auto's will be ran in ffof since I already have them started in it. I will also be running clones in the ffof, I think I will prefer coco, simply because it will give me something to do in the box every day... IE. Water ;)

OldOne- I grew a huge bag seed bush back in that day, gave me 5 zips... That would technically be my first. That was as cheap as you could imagine as in growing. No ventilation, a funky ass light made out of cfls, a powerstrip and y splitters and it was in a 2gallon water jug. Not bad though, considering I used miracle grow. I have read for years on og and the ic. I have made probably 1034923049 designs on papers and computer, so I finally decided to stop dreaming and do.

The irony in all this. I haven't smoked pot but maybe 10 times in the last 6 years. ;) I am definitely addicted to something besides smoking it one might say. Oh well, I plan on just giving the bulk of it too my close buds who do. Maybe save the cream of the crop for a now and again thing for me. :p I refuse to profit of it. It's just something that really interests me. Someday, I will probably have a false wall and all sorts of breeding experiments... Simply to just give it away. :p That's my style though I guess.

Thanks for the support though gents. It's sleepy time for me though, have to make the honest living too damned early in the morning tomorrow.

oh, and to the co2 Idea. I would somehome make this box sealed. I have plenty of HVAC experience to break down some sort of a small refridge and figure out a way to cool it internally before I would ever consider the co2, so... Lots of thought and dialing in of this grow before then. I give it another 4 years of pondering and I will have thought something up to configure into the space.

311devon

oh, and to the co2 Idea. I would somehome make this box sealed. I have plenty of HVAC experience to break down some sort of a small refridge and figure out a way to cool it internally before I would ever consider the co2, so... Lots of thought and dialing in of this grow before then. I give it another 4 years of pondering and I will have thought something up to configure into the space.

Sealing it would be the key...how bout the guts from a dorm fridge? connect your exhaust to the intake and put the evaporator somewhere in that link...??? from what i understand about co2 enrichment, you want your temp in the low to mid 80's.....if its too cold, add more lights...whatcha think?

I would have no problem riggin up a system. I want to keep it inside the box, but if I had to mount the basic of a window unit it could be possible. The next objective after the final two sockets are in is to get a drip to reservoir on a cycle pump for the bloom box. Somehow I would have to figure out a way to flush the plants that are at the end of their cycle, and I would have to keep it lower profile then a pop bottle. I am thinking of using acrylic to make the reservoir with and then just small 3 inch pots of coco. i would also have to figure out a way to cool the res. and figure out a way to keep the roots out of the res. Don't want it to become hydro. :)

I am about to take some. Nothing new really, just some mother growth, and my auto's started showing sex in the mother chamber. To chica's :)

Group Shot
Top Left: Strawberry cough, Brainstorm, Auto Haze
Bottom Left: Blueberry, Roadrunner, Durban Poison

Auto Haze upskirt

Had to peak Twice :)

RoadRunner Upskirt

Brainstorm (NL5xHaze) This is the one I had to dig up, pull her shell off, replant her and let her grow. She lagged once she came above the soil, but in the last few days has really taken off. :)

Still Haven't finished the Flower room, because I am waiting for those stupid light sockets. Once I do finish it, I will put the pictures in the thread post where I built the rest of the cab.

If you see any problems holler. I did have a few deficiencies with my plants. I didn't want to nute them up until I saw some, all the new leaves look good though.

I went against the schultz and I am giving them half strength 6/9 at the moment.

I have yet to put any cuts into flower... Though, I know my auto's are both females. I am not sure if any of the others are... Feminized is not always guaranteed.... fingers are crossed. In about 2 weeks max I will have some cuts in flower. Especially since this damned haze auto has started to stretch and will be outgrowing my damned mom room overnight.

No I mean put a PC fan blowing over the top of the water in the reservoir, this will cool the water in the res several degrees.