What's new

LouDog's LED Lounge

LouDog420

Thanks GMT

Still some girls getting settled. Others exploding after the pH adjustment and some bennies (thus, the jets)

Stretching legs, almost done with the round build. Waiting on emitters then feed lines will go in. Everything else is rocking. All came together well, almost like shit was planned...

Table 2, platform
full

mainline irrigation
full

stretching the legs
full

Time to flip, the girls wanna grow.

LD

Last edited:

LouDog420

Day 2, cruising. Some hiccups with the OGC x NYCO. They NYCO was a sensitive cut and seems they are having the toughest time getting settled. Working with about 9 different phenos, 3 of which are throwing a fit. Most are looking nice.

Had to turn down the GrowLight Science 850, dimmed down one setting. We were getting some burning, grey splotches turning necrotic/yellow on fans between veins, almost looked like P issues. Not sure exactly, and seems to be sorting itself out, but I think a combo of pH and light intensity where we've been chasing deficiencies a bit.

I had also bumped feed up to 3.2ec and they didn't seem to like that, so backed off back to 2.8...

I think this run will be lackluster given all the phenos we'll be running, and many will be subpar. Can't wait to see this space a few rounds in really rocking or running some monos under each light.

Good vibes all

full

dramamine

The NYCO is a really great breeder. I crossed it to a few different things. I backcrossed to a NYCD cut, along with a Mextiza, ECSDxApp (from H&L) and also to Chem 91 x SFV/App from Cobcoop. All had really nice plants. My favorites are the ones that come out real sour apple-ish. Almost everything is very terp-heavy.
Lotta people slept on Dr. P's lines when they came out. He did some great breeding.

Hope the run keeps improving for you. Be cool to see what you find.

DunHav`nFun

Hey bro.....You know as well as I do that there`s a learnin curve to EVERY new setup as well as runnin pheno hunts on seedplants , so just let em settle in and enjoy the ride......Once dialage on the room and the lights as well as juice needs are handled I`m seein a set it and forget it grow area down the road my buddy......now.....

Light bleachin and heat scorch with LED`s is not unheard of , but I think the juice mix might`ve just been too hot for em and possibly PH went down some while ppm`s rose and they stopped eatin , but........ X can be anything so hopefully they`ll be aight and start explodin here real soon......and.....

That interveinal chlorosis / yellowin between veins is classic magnesium deficiency and or lockout and COULD be from the new coco and the CEC needs so again hopefully shit gets sorted out shortly and blastoff happens once you pull the trigger and flip them bitches......anyways......

Respect for the hard work and a job well done on the new room LD , so keep up the good work and thanks for your time......

Peace......DHF......

LouDog420

Hey bro.....You know as well as I do that there`s a learnin curve to EVERY new setup as well as runnin pheno hunts on seedplants , so just let em settle in and enjoy the ride......Once dialage on the room and the lights as well as juice needs are handled I`m seein a set it and forget it grow area down the road my buddy......now.....

Light bleachin and heat scorch with LED`s is not unheard of , but I think the juice mix might`ve just been too hot for em and possibly PH went down some while ppm`s rose and they stopped eatin , but........ X can be anything so hopefully they`ll be aight and start explodin here real soon......and.....

That interveinal chlorosis / yellowin between veins is classic magnesium deficiency and or lockout and COULD be from the new coco and the CEC needs so again hopefully shit gets sorted out shortly and blastoff happens once you pull the trigger and flip them bitches......anyways......

Respect for the hard work and a job well done on the new room LD , so keep up the good work and thanks for your time......

Peace......DHF......

I know, I know... Takes time to dial. But I wanna hit it out of the park first run! Appreciate your words of wisdom on expectations

Agreed, pretty sure it was pH, plus transplant shock, plus too heavy feed and all just made them go wonky for a few. Was hitting them with hard Mg, so I think it was pH that took it out of the absorption range.

Almost everything is out of it, except for 2-3 phenos from the OGC x NYCO that seemed to take the stress harder than everyone else. We have 9-10 phenos we're choosing from, so that's enough for me for selection to say those girls are gone. Good old stress selection.

Thanks bud, onward

LouDog420

The NYCO is a really great breeder. I crossed it to a few different things. I backcrossed to a NYCD cut, along with a Mextiza, ECSDxApp (from H&L) and also to Chem 91 x SFV/App from Cobcoop. All had really nice plants. My favorites are the ones that come out real sour apple-ish. Almost everything is very terp-heavy.
Lotta people slept on Dr. P's lines when they came out. He did some great breeding.

Hope the run keeps improving for you. Be cool to see what you find.

Dr. P brings the terps! Simple as that. I've chucked the NYCO at a bunch of stuff, and recently did the same with his OPG (orange pink grapefruit), SPG bx from Alpine x Agent Orange from TGA.

Hoping we find those same fruity terps with some extra kick from the OG chem, and hopefully something that sheds resin a bit better. The NYCO has great flavor, but she likes to hold on to her resin when washing or extracting.

Good vibes bro, Dr.P's genes always have space in my room.

Miraculous Meds

Wonderful thread Lou. Right in my wheelhouse. I use to do vert trees and made the switch to led. I've covered most of the issues you been through too. Still learning them as well though. You will be pleasantly surprised once you get it hoonin', how much you can pull with multi strains. I run around 6 different seed lines per grow. With every plant being different. And led can still yield as much or more than my old vert tree rooms mono cropped. I run 9 plants per 4x4 under 780w units. 100w is uv/ir. I usually max them out at 720w and average about 650w per fixture for the grow. I have pulled 10 oz plants off 3/4 gallon pots of coir in this set up with intetion toward yield. No training except for bottom pruning and some big sunleaves. Maybe a couple stakes if the plants get too tall. I'm running front row ag currently around 2.4ec. Its pretty similar to jacks classic and cal nit, with a bloom additive. But jacks offers a bloom boost now too with start up and some other formulas. I prefer to keep it to just the base and a little additional pk. Im on well water and even with 3 stage pre filtration followed by ro filtration I still get a foul build up in the irrigation system. So i started using hocl and have been having way more consistency. I look forward to following along and sharing and learning.

LJ farming

Snuck in a few hours of work after work... 3 out of 4 LEDs hung... AC sterilized... Room cleaned... Old bare bulb infrastructure removed... Drainage prepped for hookups...

Will run all new irrigation line (except for the PVC). The current pump should be plenty to run 84 drippers (2 per plant)

Waiting on some 240v extension cords for the lights to run outside the room to the existing 8 light controller.

Hopefully tables built and maybe a repot tomorrow, otherwise Friday it's on... Girls are ready to get out of cups after 8 days.

Every time someone takes a cannabis pic with a vacuum, BOG smiles down upon us and rolls another fatty

Respect

full
Loudog, what do you do to sterilize the AC? I always wipe mine down with 99% isopropyl but you have me thinking I should perhaps dissect/tear it down every couple grows?

LJ farming

Day 2, cruising. Some hiccups with the OGC x NYCO. They NYCO was a sensitive cut and seems they are having the toughest time getting settled. Working with about 9 different phenos, 3 of which are throwing a fit. Most are looking nice.

Had to turn down the GrowLight Science 850, dimmed down one setting. We were getting some burning, grey splotches turning necrotic/yellow on fans between veins, almost looked like P issues. Not sure exactly, and seems to be sorting itself out, but I think a combo of pH and light intensity where we've been chasing deficiencies a bit.

I had also bumped feed up to 3.2ec and they didn't seem to like that, so backed off back to 2.8...

I think this run will be lackluster given all the phenos we'll be running, and many will be subpar. Can't wait to see this space a few rounds in really rocking or running some monos under each light.

Good vibes all

full
Holy 3.2 EC I get scared anything over 2

LJ farming

Loudog,

I am more of a rookie that you can imagine and would be nowhere near where I am if it wasn’t for my grumpy ole Amigo DHF! I almost feel like I got to cheat the initial skill set needed!

This is not from DHF but a potential OG on another site. It’s seriously improved my end result by 30-40%.

ADD 2-3 Mg per gallon of water of Magnesium Sulfate for the last 2+ weeks of flower and see what happens. Again I’m a rookie but there ain’t no broscience with this I promise!!!

Peace out,

LJ

LJ farming

Sorry to blast your thread Loudog but what do you recommend for terps? I had a guy turn all my trim and some old flower into distillate and now I have a big dumb jar of 99% THC that needs terps badly to be turned back into happy juice!!!

LouDog420

Wonderful thread Lou. Right in my wheelhouse. I use to do vert trees and made the switch to led. I've covered most of the issues you been through too. Still learning them as well though. You will be pleasantly surprised once you get it hoonin', how much you can pull with multi strains. I run around 6 different seed lines per grow. With every plant being different. And led can still yield as much or more than my old vert tree rooms mono cropped. I run 9 plants per 4x4 under 780w units. 100w is uv/ir. I usually max them out at 720w and average about 650w per fixture for the grow. I have pulled 10 oz plants off 3/4 gallon pots of coir in this set up with intetion toward yield. No training except for bottom pruning and some big sunleaves. Maybe a couple stakes if the plants get too tall. I'm running front row ag currently around 2.4ec. Its pretty similar to jacks classic and cal nit, with a bloom additive. But jacks offers a bloom boost now too with start up and some other formulas. I prefer to keep it to just the base and a little additional pk. Im on well water and even with 3 stage pre filtration followed by ro filtration I still get a foul build up in the irrigation system. So i started using hocl and have been having way more consistency. I look forward to following along and sharing and learning.

Awesome info. Seems like we're running in tandem on everything. Sub in drip clean for HOCL because I like to add bennies. MKP instead of bloom boost. Trellis for support instead of stakes. I don't have any additional ir. Otherwise sounds right on identical. Great info MM.

Appreciate the feed insight too. Front row ag is one I haven't seen before. Looks similar in pricing to athena, flora flex. Old jacks I can get the 25lb bags for $60-100 depending on source and availability lately, quite a bit more expensive as is everything. This whole grow is going to be a big experiment in feed strength and ratios, I believe...

I was googling the RKS x ChemDbx from Chimera and your thread popped up from 2018. A few harvest shots at the end. Was there anything special in there?

I was chatting with Chimera and he said the skunky thiols segregate independently from the terpene profile. ChemD is the chem nose we all know and love, the RKS he said was heavy terpinolene. I hate terpinolene, gives me headaches, so hoping we can find a chemD terped girl with the skunky thiols. I already tossed all the terpinolene girls in the first round of selection, now we're running from clone.

Appreciate you stopping by and dropping some knowledge MM!

Last edited:

LouDog420

Holy 3.2 EC I get scared anything over 2
Seemed too much too quick and backed it down to 2.6-2.8. I've heard of people pushing 4+, but plants need to be locked in and perfect climate, CO2, blasting light.

Loudog,

I am more of a rookie that you can imagine and would be nowhere near where I am if it wasn’t for my grumpy ole Amigo DHF! I almost feel like I got to cheat the initial skill set needed!

This is not from DHF but a potential OG on another site. It’s seriously improved my end result by 30-40%.

ADD 2-3 Mg per gallon of water of Magnesium Sulfate for the last 2+ weeks of flower and see what happens. Again I’m a rookie but there ain’t no broscience with this I promise!!!

Peace out,

LJ
All good brother. I do 2g/gal (gram not mg) epsom all the time under LED. That's magnesium sulfate. The 1 in the Jacks 3-2-1 (ish) recipe.

Sorry to blast your thread Loudog but what do you recommend for terps? I had a guy turn all my trim and some old flower into distillate and now I have a big dumb jar of 99% THC that needs terps badly to be turned back into happy juice!!!
No worries bro, appreciate you stopping by. I've no experience with adding back terps. I'm not a fan of distillate in anything except infused products. There's just something missing like you said.

I think they're in there for a reason, and when extracting terps, as pure as 99.9% (or whatever they get) might be, there's always something else in there, and what's the manufacturing source and industrial process. Unless they're extracted from cannabis, I'm not a fan of manufactured terps, and even cannabis based is just whatever.

If it needs to be processed through distillation, it was probably food grade anyways.

I'll bust out the tumbler here soon, but plenty of mechanical methods for resin separation from trim, dry sift, ice water, rosin.

Good vibes all, feed lines are calling and the hose is going in the closet...

LouDog420

Loudog, what do you do to sterilize the AC? I always wipe mine down with 99% isopropyl but you have me thinking I should perhaps dissect/tear it down every couple grows?

Missed one... Heavy bleach. This time was sodium hypochlorite due to some mold last round. It's not hard to take apart the mini splits. There was all sorts of nasty shit in there that needed to be cleaned. Every 6 months or at least annually.

Shine a flashlight through the bottom exhaust vent/flap and look at the blower and backside and see if there's any build up of dust/mold. There were actually spots of mold growing on the plastic this time, so we went deep cleaning.

Miraculous Meds

Awesome info. Seems like we're running in tandem on everything. Sub in drip clean for HOCL because I like to add bennies. MKP instead of bloom boost. Trellis for support instead of stakes. I don't have any additional ir. Otherwise sounds right on identical. Great info MM.

Appreciate the feed insight too. Front row ag is one I haven't seen before. Looks similar in pricing to athena, flora flex. Old jacks I can get the 25lb bags for $60-100 depending on source and availability lately, quite a bit more expensive as is everything. This whole grow is going to be a big experiment in feed strength and ratios, I believe...

I was googling the RKS x ChemDbx from Chimera and your thread popped up from 2018. A few harvest shots at the end. Was there anything special in there?

I was chatting with Chimera and he said the skunky thiols segregate independently from the terpene profile. ChemD is the chem nose we all know and love, the RKS he said was heavy terpinolene. I hate terpinolene, gives me headaches, so hoping we can find a chemD terped girl with the skunky thiols. I already tossed all the terpinolene girls in the first round of selection, now we're running from clone.

Appreciate you stopping by and dropping some knowledge MM!
I think Jacks is very comparable to fra. I almost switched back to jacks but have dialed in fra to my best results so im sticking with it for another round or 2 at least. We will see what happens with new pricing but i could pick it up for $120 a 25lb bag. I think prices went up again like on everything. Retail i think they are around $220. So jacks at almost the same quality for 60 to 100 bucks is a steal imo.

Its been a while on the rks x chem d from chimera. If i remember right i bought 20 and only popped 5 or 10. The skunk was in there but muted behind the chem. Might be what your looking for. I felt an f2 was needed to maybe find the skunk in dominant form. But small sample set... i think thats what chimera and i discussed though. Personally i think they hold some good genetics and are worth hunting. Reminded me kind of like the 95 ish Super Skunk we got brought back from amsterdam.

LouDog420

I think Jacks is very comparable to fra. I almost switched back to jacks but have dialed in fra to my best results so im sticking with it for another round or 2 at least. We will see what happens with new pricing but i could pick it up for $120 a 25lb bag. I think prices went up again like on everything. Retail i think they are around $220. So jacks at almost the same quality for 60 to 100 bucks is a steal imo.

Its been a while on the rks x chem d from chimera. If i remember right i bought 20 and only popped 5 or 10. The skunk was in there but muted behind the chem. Might be what your looking for. I felt an f2 was needed to maybe find the skunk in dominant form. But small sample set... i think thats what chimera and i discussed though. Personally i think they hold some good genetics and are worth hunting. Reminded me kind of like the 95 ish Super Skunk we got brought back from amsterdam.
Ya, price is the big one. I haven't found a mix that beats jacks in $/gal, even including all the additives I throw in.

Thanks for the info on the RKS x ChemD bx. I popped two packs, plenty of f2s in the making as we speak. Hopefully there's something nice in one of the five I have going.

Feed lines in, drip drip drip

2x 1gal/hr emitters per plant. Simple stake to hold it up and let it drip. 1min feeds, 6x a day. Will adjust based on runoff and the ladies' appetites.

Day 5, should be able to get some trellis up this weekend. Simple pvc frame attached to the wood vertical members on each tray.

full

full

LJ farming

All good DHF, feels good to be posting again. There's no depth and longevity to the newer forms of social media. We're growing dope, nothing quick about it!

LJ's all good. Brought up some great points and always like to see alternative feed schedules and ideas. I've followed your bucket around too much and just prefer to keep it simple, babyshit, ya know ;) Single feed and let the girls rip.

Ah gman, thanks for the info. I remember the gypsum addition, and gave it a try also. Noticed the under stem 'shelves' but just never got another bag after it ran out! I'd guess I was probably washing a lot of it away with multi feeds to runoff, especially right away I like to really soak the girls. I never considered that (too much runoff)... Maybe a few applications would do it via topdress...

I backed off compost teas a bit, but they saved my ass when dealing with some root nasties. Critical for IPM and also helps with plant health. Currently I'm running Southern Ag for some bacillus asdjfl;kjdf, straight EWC, oregonism, and some of grandma's molasses.

I've been watching slownickel's new Ca products with interest. Might have to give it a try. Everyone I talk to these days is upping Ca much higher than my levels, I'm just not sure how to get there without overloading the N.

Great info, thanks man, appreciate it!
Loudog,

Growmore makes a no N Flowering CalMag that might be worth looking into.

LouDog420

Loudog,

Growmore makes a no N Flowering CalMag that might be worth looking into.
Thanks LJ. Yep, I've seen it before, just haven't gotten around to giving it a try. These days it's all price point, and botanicare calmag isn't the cheapest to begin with, so definitely would like to find an alternative and I originally used that over calnit because of lower N despite the higher price point. I would see leaf curl and had to watch carefully.

Still getting spotting on a few, but minimal and seeing good growth rates. Hoping it will clear up by end of stretch.

Some rubber pads on the way to place under the old egg crate and protect the liner. The girls at the end of the table are sitting in water most of the day. Think this will clear that up.

35 pint, mini dehui in place. We were getting some condensation on the floors under the tables, not due to leakage, just due to high humidity and the nice cool concrete floor. 85% plus even with lights on... Girls transpiring and there's nowhere for it to go without all that classic radiant HID heat. Plumbed into existing gravity drain. We ain't emptying no buckets here...

Trellis frames in place

Day 7 of flower

full

Leaf spots, middle fan leaves. New growth looks great. Shaded growth doesn't experience it. Makes me think something is deficient due to light exposure, whether that's pH hotspots still in medium or feed issue, thinking the former... Doesn't look like traditional mag, round makes me think pH or Ca. I've never been the best at diagnosing, just flush, get the feed right, and they'll even out.
full

full

Last edited:

dramamine

You might check out PureCal. It's a calnit that has a higher percentage of Ca, so you can run the numbers and replace some or all of your usual calnit, depending how much Ca you wanna run. I get it from custom hydro nutrients.