What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

loompa farms

They're shitty breeders for multiple reasons.. 1. Unstable seeds some hermies 2. All 25 different yeti phenotypes and 20 different foodawg phenotypes were different, I couldn't mix and match any of the phenos 3. Prone to mold 4. Low yielding...

You can think it was user error but I ran them along side ggg, bodhi and DNA seeds

So don't believe me and keep buying your loompa seeds at 20/seed

expealadocious

20 a seed is high for anything... not sure what you mean by "mix and match phenos" ...not following ya.
So.. 20 different phenos... nothing overlapping and you couldn't choose 1?
Which brings another idea.
Were you looking to clone from outdoor?

& were they advertised as f1s? Variance is normal... thats the whole point of brother & sister expressions. Also, you can make same stock clones do wildly different things based on growth parameter so again, dont rule method or environment out...
Anyway... the pheno variance gives you options

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Loompa seeds cost to much.
For those prices a person can purchase 2-3 times as many chances at finding a keeper from just about any other breeder using similar genetics.

I can't see any logical reason loompa gear cost so much!

Brelva

Well, they are buy one get one free from at least one site. $100 per pack isn't that far outside the norm. Just throwin that out there.

Castroman

Loompa farms is a joke... Ran about 25 yetis and 20 foo dawgs. Honestly didn't find any keepers. There were very few phenos that smelled like 'gas'... Foo dawgs had horrible mold and finished early October. Majority yetis were prone to mold as well and were low yielding, finishing mid October. What a disappointment.....

Wow... and all that for only $20 per seed? Seems like a lot of the self-designated "breeders" are no better than your average weekend pollen chucker.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Wow... and all that for only $20 per seed? Seems like a lot of the self-designated "breeders" are no better than your average weekend pollen chucker.

95% + of what is offered is strain pollen chucking, the more hype we see so do we see more chucking.

Very few seed people make anything besides unstable polyhybrids, true F1's are becoming extremely rare as many of these seed hacks just keep stacking the same family of genetics on top of eachother.

Just looks at how many chem bla bla bla x og chem bla bla strains we see. Then seed buyers exalt these seed makers like gods for doing basically nothing anyone couldn't do.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

yes its very hard to find truly worked seed lines . i,m actually about to play with the first truly worked line i believe i,ve come across(9th generation) , will that be any better than some of the new polyhybrids . yes it may grow more uniform but is it going to be a better yielder more potent and taste better ? i,m not sure i guess i shall see. can't wait .

people get so hung up in the polyhybrid war , man i love growing stuff thats different . or i would just grow clones , but thats just me .

i certainly have massive respect though for the true breeders, thats a hell of a lot of time and effort put in to create. so i,m certainly not going to say hybrids are better by no means .

hope i don't come off as a know it all , i def don't want to be that guy. i just enjoy growing all types of herb

Last edited:

Castroman

yes its very hard to find truly worked seed lines . i,m actually about to play with the first truly worked line i believe i,ve come across(9th generation) , will that be any better than some of the new polyhybrids . yes it may grow more uniform but is it going to be a better yielder more potent and taste better ? i,m not sure i guess i shall see. can't wait .

people get so hung up in the polyhybrid war , man i love growing stuff thats different . or i would just grow clones , but thats just me .

i certainly have massive respect though for the true breeders, thats a hell of a lot of time and effort put in to create. so i,m certainly not going to say hybrids are better by no means .

hope i don't come off as a know it all , i def don't want to be that guy. i just enjoy growing all types of herb

One guy that actually works his offerings is MikeJ from PeakSeedsBC, only has a select few classics (Northern Lights, Skunk, Blueberry, Kush) and crosses thereof and he's been refining them for close to 20 years. Also great customer service and more than fair prices.

Hey mate hoping your doing well Beanz, do you think I can give a shot to the bluedog and moondawg brother? You're definitely an OCD bean making machine, those are all great loompa gear, blessings...

B

BAKED_BEANZ

i just harvested some blue dog clone size plants , man i like them . used last of the f2 . i was suppost to make some blue dog f3 with this lot. i got distracted and there was only one average male so i didn't . all the yeti,s are gone . i have some moondawg running now and to be honest , i,m not smitten so far .
got to get to 50 my friend , peace bro . can chat about strains then and how they go ;)

Mightyka

Veteran
My experience with Loompas beans was pretty bad. I bought 2 packs of "Underdawg OG" what supposed to be Loompas Headband x Triangle kush (rev.). I cracked 10 beans and had 6 males and 4 lightly hermie females. Friend of mine cracked 5 beans and had 5 males. It is 11 males at all. I would say it is pretty bad sex ratio for "fem" seeds...
Loompa claim that he didn't have any males in the test run. But I found many other online growers who had males (no hermies, pure males) in those "fem seeds". Don't believe he even tested it and don't believe the TK was donor of pollen.
And what about the rest of the females? OG type of grow structure but absolutely different (awful) terpenes. No keepers at all.
I am sorry to say that but Loompas beans were just wasting of my money, time and energy. Never ever again!

I am starting to be pretty tired about all those overpriced untested beans! This kind of business sucks!

picture.php

Last edited:

RulaTone

Veteran
very true mightyka..
i know of a guy who popped two packs of the same genetics and found 18 males and two hermies....nice job loompa!!

B

BAKED_BEANZ

lets not go bagging loompa , i popped shitloads of yeti no issues in any of it . either the blue dog or the moondawg . he provides a very reliable, nice strains .

i had plenty all male seed packs from numerous breeders . luck of the draw. i,d find it very hard to believe any of loompa gear would be untested . in fact i,m pretty dam sure they would be thoroughly tested over several grows . prob more than a lot of breeders .

in fact when i seeded in mid winter , loompa gear remained rock solid . while other strains hermed under the stressful conditions of super low temps .

now i rekon people need to research there strains better if they are growing inside . some outdoor bred plants don't like going indoors . one comes to mind bodhi pink lotus . stunning plant grown outside , put that indoors see what happens . i,m not saying this is the case with loompa gear . i,m just saying be mindful of what your putting inside . its well known fact loompa is an outdoor grower . first and foremost .

Last edited:
I ran a few packs of yeti f3s and foo dawgs last year outdoors and had nothing but problems from bad PM to low yielding plants. And yes I had an Foliar recipe of actinovate and regalia to prevent mold and nothing helped. Definitely not worth buying again.... Don't waste your garden space with loompa farms you'll be disappointed

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^PM is a result of environment not genetics. You got PM because it's literally everywhere. You simply provided the conditions in which it thrives and so it did. If the yield sucked... that's a legit concern... for you.
Just saying.

lets not go bagging loompa , i popped shitloads of yeti no issues in any of it . either the blue dog or the moondawg . he provides a very reliable, nice strains .

i had plenty all male seed packs from numerous breeders . luck of the draw. i,d find it very hard to believe any of loompa gear would be untested . in fact i,m pretty dam sure they would be thoroughly tested over several grows . prob more than a lot of breeders .

in fact when i seeded in mid winter , loompa gear remained rock solid . while other strains hermed under the stressful conditions of super low temps .

now i rekon people need to research there strains better if they are growing inside . some outdoor bred plants don't like going indoors . one comes to mind bodhi pink lotus . stunning plant grown outside , put that indoors see what happens . i,m not saying this is the case with loompa gear . i,m just saying be mindful of what your putting inside . its well known fact loompa is an outdoor grower . first and foremost .

I was wondering but then again... His gear never really interested me to begin with. However, I was given a pack of mystery seeds with Loompahs label on it so thought I might see what all the fuss is about.

Mightyka

Veteran

I have same experiences. For example in pack of Rez ChemD ibl was just one female and one hermie rest were males. Ok have no problem with it because I bought regular seeds (it is nature it can happen even in so small sample). But when I bought Loompa beans I bought fems. So then you can expect all hermis but never males. Because of this I don't believe he tested those beans.
That is even the reason why I will never buy any more gear from Loompa. I paid for something and he gave me something else and it sucked.

Last edited:

Homebrewer

Veteran
^^^PM is a result of environment not genetics. You got PM because it's literally everywhere. You simply provided the conditions in which it thrives and so it did. If the yield sucked... that's a legit concern... for you.

Some strains are more susceptible than others though so while PM is an environmental issue, genetics absolutely play a role too.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

Some strains are more susceptible than others though so while PM is an environmental issue, genetics absolutely play a role too.

then it still comes down to research your strains , not rubbish loompa like the guy did . ;) i just laughed anyway , you seen the size they get there yeti outdoors . 10+. though to be honest i think you really need skills for sure . mine were super mold resistant like they said , though i don't see pm in my parts .

B

BAKED_BEANZ

I have same experiences. For example in pack of Rez ChemD ibl was just one female and one hermie rest were males. Ok have no problem with it because I bought regular seeds (it is nature it can happen even in so small sample). But when I bought Loompa beans I bought fems. So then you can expect all hermis but never males. Because of this I don't believe he tested those beans.
That is even the reason why I will never buy any more gear from Loompa. I paid for something and he gave me something else and it sucked.

next question, are you 100% they were loompa . that price tag promotes fakes . i,ve never researched his fem line . you very well could be right . the pic you put up certainly looks like loompa , in fact its a very nice plant .

@mj this is how i describe his gear if asked , very reliable 90,s style weed , old school stone . not a new hybrid blast . lovely buds . its well bred the pheno,s were reliable not all over the place . i don't really grow it now as i found some other gear . i did the last of my blue dog , i should have made f3 sad to lose them .very nice plant . i,m not saying he's king , i,m just saying he doesn't need to be bagged out , if they are facts and his fem line is hermit fair enough . don't go pissing cause it PM , lol maybe i,m just tired from the grimm thread and seeing other breeder hacked on just isn't going down .lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts