What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for a new grinder

shithawk420

Veteran
I used to have one of the Ti Space Cases and it was great. Only issue was keeping the screw thread clean. Hard to comment on the alloy used and % of titanium...

Nowadays I use the Storz & Bickel orange plastic thing like you. Or more often than not just my fingers.
glad you agree sir!grinders are nice but i dont need them anymore.rathers feel it between my fingers when rolling a joint.i dont know.maybe im getting old.i dont use vapes so i dont need them.

goingrey

Seems like Space Case doesn't make the titanium grinders anymore, only aluminum. Guess I should have held on to the one I had. Oh well.

goingrey

So I've come to notice that with sticky weed, a lot stays in the grinder in these acrylic grinders like the Storz & Bickel. Even if you try to knock it out against a table.

sajesak

I’ve had a large space case. I love it. My only beef is the screen getting clogged up that the Crystal are supposed to fall through.

Not a huge beef but I’ve had it for 10 years.

I’m moving to Thailand and I don’t want to bring it with me or customs will throw me in jail. Lol

So I need to buy a new one to bring with me.

So right now it’s buy another space case or try the Santa Cruz.

Space add is $200 and Santa Cruz is $100.

Any other recommendations on garage floor coating near me?
im looking for a new grinder. im currently using a 1 by 30 and its killing me in time and in costs in belts. so im looking for one in the range of $0 to $300. im willing to have it used.

After using the newly released Bear Grinder for most of the month, I can confirm this thing is a beast. The grind action is hands down the smoothest and most satisfying I've felt. I also love that they have a 3-piece option. I absolutely hate kief catcher screens. Most of the time they get clogged with unreclaimable kief and/or take forever for any substantial kief to accumulate. This 3 piece accumulates a ton of kief in the bottom chamber w/ no screen. If anyone is looking for a higher end grinder, I totally recommend this one.

blondie

Made in USA. Medical grade aluminum. Magnetic seal, no screens. Strong tough unit. I use this one and never had it stuck on me. I actually had a cheapo Amazon one that was nearly impossible to grind sticky bud through. It finally gave up so I started using this one. I have both tennis and golf elbow in both left and right arms. Constant pain and hurts to even shake hands with someone most days. I can grind with this thing easily though.

I use the flower pot vape and rate it highly.

Wish I was moving to Thailand. Damnnn. What an adventure.

goingrey

I still swear by my Salad Shooter. Been using it for over 5 years. There is NO easier grinder. Grind consistency is perfect for rolling joints.

And...... ZERO pain. Certainly the most important part for me.

Not for microdosers. LOL

$39 on Amazon.

How's the maintenance? Need to clean it often and so on?

Edit: nice I see it's dishwasher safe, that'll do it.

Makroni

There is a German company that makes one.

Price is 800 EUR o_O

I would highly recommend this one

Best Grinder Ive ever had!

imiubu

I have never cleaned it other than when I take it apart after use, I just tap the plastic chute and brush the cutting blade cone off. It has plenty of stains but zero build-up of ground pot.

Truly, the best grinder I have ever owned.

Whilst thrift shopping, I see these often yet never had a use for one...
until now?

Wow, thanks for this lil nugget of brilliance.
This tics all the boxes.

I've been using a pair of 4 in. surgical scissors since '75 and still
have the same pair I learned with :)

Double carpel tunnel surgery in '22, absolutely released the pain
I'd suffered with since the mid 80's w/ in 24 hrs. but, left me with
alien hands.

Scissor chopping was out, my hands were just too fumblely.
Hand grinders, meh. Tried several, what a mess and herb
consistency never suited me.
Electric grinders, the cut is too fine.
Crap.
The old trusty steam roller was opted in over doobs.

I'll not pay full price for one of these as I'm much too frugal for that :)

Def will keep my eyes peeled when thrifting for sure.
Thinking I'll figure out a way to rig up a 'catcher' jar of some sort.
Keep my 'no mess' OCD in check.

On a side note... I prob don't need this as much now as my hands
are finally becoming mine again after nearly 2 yrs.
I mention this only for those who may be considering this procedure.
Recovery has been slower than I'd imagined.
Do your research... wish I had dove deeper with mine.
Still would have had the surgery even so.

Again... thanks.

207_Tony

really? well stainless steel then in my opininion with the mendo mulcher
I own two mendo mulchers(2.5&3"), they are aluminum. The screen is stainless, rest is aluminum. Very nice grinders, but not quite as nice as a real space case. My 3" versions kief dish is stuck though! Keep your threads clean!

shithawk420

Veteran
I own two mendo mulchers(2.5&3"), they are aluminum. The screen is stainless, rest is aluminum. Very nice grinders, but not quite as nice as a real space case. My 3" versions kief dish is stuck though! Keep your threads clean!
oh.i could of swore the ones from at least 10 years ago were stainless.do you mind me asking how old they are?

goingrey

Heat it up a bit to get it moving?

shithawk420

Veteran
eh,looks neat i guess.i cant afford these things anymore.for people with muscle problems id just get a good electric grinder or something.although i would like to try one of those i wouldnt buy one.

Latest posts

Latest posts