What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for a new grinder

juggernaut

I’ve had a large space case. I love it. My only beef is the screen getting clogged up that the Crystal are supposed to fall through.

Not a huge beef but I’ve had it for 10 years.

I’m moving to Thailand and I don’t want to bring it with me or customs will throw me in jail. Lol

So I need to buy a new one to bring with me.

So right now it’s buy another space case or try the Santa Cruz.

Space add is $200 and Santa Cruz is $100.

Any other recommendations?

shithawk420

Veteran
got dang.they are 200 bucks now?if you can find one get the mendo mulcher.dont know if they still ,make them.ill look into it.or hell just get a cheap one from a liqour store.

shithawk420

Veteran
yep they still sell them.and for a much better price.google it.ive tried over a dozen grinderes.had a sharpstone till it got stolen.liked that but ive heard nothing but good things about the mendo mulcher.id get it.made in USA and only 60 bucks for a 3 piece.cant beat it imo

shithawk420

Veteran
yeah,as long as the threads dont strip most grinders are the same.never used a space case but 200 bucks is stupid unless your rich

Chuckeye

I’ve had a large space case. I love it. My only beef is the screen getting clogged up that the Crystal are supposed to fall through.
I want my kief With my flower so I removed the screen ;)

Had my eyes set on a Brilliant Cut Grinder but @ $145 Cdn shipped, well...

Bought this for $35 off Amazon ;)

Works just fine.....

Titan Crusher.JPG

Cheers

X15

Any grinder works for me as long as it has a nice plastic or Teflon ring that doesn’t fall off all the time. Lol.

UGDoCV

Last one purchased was Santa Cruz Shredder 3 piece. 50$. That is max I could spend on a grinder. Doesn't get as gummed up as others used before.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
With arthritis in both hands does anybody use one of the handle type grinders? I don't want to resort to a coffee grinder that will pulverize the herb but is anything more controllable that I don't have to twist?? I have an SLX that works great but it hurts . . . :confused:

Master.Roshi

Me & couple friends are looking to get brilliant cut, look real nice, 3 peice, no screen, not stupidly expensive. All magnet so no thread which is a nice touch, real nice weight to it. Nice grinders

shithawk420

Veteran
With arthritis in both hands does anybody use one of the handle type grinders? I don't want to resort to a coffee grinder that will pulverize the herb but is anything more controllable that I don't have to twist?? I have an SLX that works great but it hurts . . . :confused:
ive used one and didnt really like it.think it was a cheap one though

I was considering the Brilliant Cut, than I stumbled upon the Bear Grinder. The ball bearing loaded walls w/ magnetic connection looks sick.

goingrey

I was considering the Brilliant Cut, than I stumbled upon the Bear Grinder. The ball bearing loaded walls w/ magnetic connection looks sick.
LMAO a bearing in a grinder now there's a stoner idea if I ever saw one.

Usually most of the friction comes from what you are trying to grind not the fit of the grinder sides.

LMAO a bearing in a grinder now there's a stoner idea if I ever saw one.

Usually most of the friction comes from what you are trying to grind not the fit of the grinder sides.
It doesn't claim to make it a frictionless grind or anything like that. The main benefits claimed are "Uniquely designed to resist the build up of residue" "No more sticky build-up on the outer rim ever". The main reason I got it, was for the magnetic feature.

shithawk420

Veteran
ive studied grinders for 15 years.and from what i gather is the mendo mulcher is the best because its actual stainless steel made in the US.its been a while so i dont know.im not looking to buy a grinder but most are cnc aluminum.i find it funny how some people are so picky about certain things but arent picky about some.maybe thos space cases are really made of titanium.i should contact them for a review.

but heres the deal.ive used about 30 or 40 different grinders.they are all pretty much the same.BUT the best that ive tried are the stores and bickel grinder or however you spell it from Volcano and the original sweet leaf grinders.everything else is the same.so just get the style you want cause its all the same chinese shit

goingrey

ive studied grinders for 15 years.and from what i gather is the mendo mulcher is the best because its actual stainless steel made in the US.its been a while so i dont know.im not looking to buy a grinder but most are cnc aluminum.i find it funny how some people are so picky about certain things but arent picky about some.maybe thos space cases are really made of titanium.i should contact them for a review.

but heres the deal.ive used about 30 or 40 different grinders.they are all pretty much the same.BUT the best that ive tried are the stores and bickel grinder or however you spell it from Volcano and the original sweet leaf grinders.everything else is the same.so just get the style you want cause its all the same chinese shit
I used to have one of the Ti Space Cases and it was great. Only issue was keeping the screw thread clean. Hard to comment on the alloy used and % of titanium...

Nowadays I use the Storz & Bickel orange plastic thing like you. Or more often than not just my fingers.

spitz

I second Sweetleaf grinders - which are made in Canada. No aluminum to wear, and no orange S&B plastics in your green. The sweetleaf has offset spiked pins to do the shredding, as opposed to cnc’d aluminum teeth. Nothing to wear down. I have the steel version but the wood version is nice as well. Best of luck in Thailand!

goingrey

It doesn't claim to make it a frictionless grind or anything like that. The main benefits claimed are "Uniquely designed to resist the build up of residue" "No more sticky build-up on the outer rim ever". The main reason I got it, was for the magnetic feature.
Glad you like it. I'm sure it does the job well even if the "extra" features seem gimmicky.