What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for a good commercial Indica?

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Man, I love ICMag! Thanks for all the suggestions everyone... now I've just got to sort through it all. :D

It seems to me that NL came up quite a few times... I have a friend nearby who happens to be growing a pure NL, so I'll definitely give that one a whirl. He loves it. And, hey, can't beat a classic.

I had also considered the White Rhino in the past, maybe I'll give er a try.

Gunnarguchi, I want THAT! Nicely done... those pictures are of the Double Dutch, then?

Hades, I definitely lean more towards the SOG side of the scale- 2 weeks of veg, one per square foot, 3 gallon pots. I have very limited head room, so height is a critical factor, which is just one of several reasons I'm leaning towards an Indica-dominant strain.

I've been growing Nirvana's Early Misty indoors for a couple of cycles now, and I love the stature, toughness, quickness, and ease of the strain, although the final product leaves something to be desired.

Thanks again everyone for your input!

FK

Be careful of vegging to long if your doing SOG style. I go for maximum light penetration and put the clones on 12/12 immediately with a no name indica dominant strain.

I do single cola, 4 per sq/ft SOG, 3x3 ebb/flow, 600W HPS.

Where height is a critical factor don't veg to long, they will stretch.

MY LITTLE SOG
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=166407

H

highsteppa

Run the LUI x C99! It would be my choice over the others mentioned in this thread(except maybe NL x BB). People are wanting more "up" highs these days anyway, the LUI should beef up the Cindy and melllow out the buzz a bit.

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
I am waiting on the LUI13 as well. I would def. write to Seedbay, they will prob. send you the right seeds and tell you to keep the ones you have.

I think I will do a grow journal of the LUI13....

So stoked.

Good thread.

FinestKind

Well, I wrote to the Seedbay's customer support department. Time will tell. In the meantime, I don't know whether I should start the LUIxC99 or not- they may want me to send them back or something (I really hope not, but you never know...) SOTF, good idea, I will drop them a PM on here- might be quicker than the Seedbay.

I have heard ALOT of great shit about Double Dutch from Magus Genetics....Indica growth, but sativa like high....great yields and potent weed.....suppose to be a "Holy Grail" type strain....I have 5 females inveg right now, but have not flowered any yet....but there are a few threads on DD...check it out dude....Mosca loves it, and I believe he says its in his top 2 favs.....dont quote me on that, but he does consider it to be one of his favs....hope this helps....latress of the menjay.

That LUI 13 sounds awesome for sure.....I also got the Critical + as a freebie and supposedly its Mr. Nice's Critical Mass crossed with a Haze called "JYD", Im not sure what that is other than a Haze strain.....I also have that one in veg, and plan on running it outside.....time will tell....should be a decent yielder of some pretty nice shit....one can hope.

FinestKind

That LUI 13 sounds awesome for sure.....I also got the Critical + as a freebie and supposedly its Mr. Nice's Critical Mass crossed with a Haze called "JYD", Im not sure what that is other than a Haze strain.....I also have that one in veg, and plan on running it outside.....time will tell....should be a decent yielder of some pretty nice shit....one can hope.

Yeah, I looked up the Critical +, I believe what I read was that it is almost pure Sativa, long flower time (65 to 75 days)... not really what I'm looking for. At all, actually :p

Regardless, the Seedbay made me send them back the seeds I had gotten before they will send me the LUI... what a pain in the ass. Now, not only do I have to worry about the seeds getting into the country, but the ones that I shipped getting out of the country. So, it's probably going to be like another month before I even get them in the soil... if at all.

Dutchgrown on ICMag said there wasn't anything they could do about it. Now I'm at the mercy of the postal service- not a particularly good place to be in the best of circumstances! :(

In the meantime, thanks all for your suggestions, I am taking notes for future runs...

FK

Correction on Critical +: on the Dinafem site, it says at the bottom of the page Flowering Period: 65 to 75 days, but in the text it says it's done in 45 to 50 days. I guess the only way to know for sure is it put it in the ground! Too bad I sent those back, too... heh.

Last edited:

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Cant believe no one mentioned Sensi Star or Black Domina. To overlook either is missing out on some fine indica genetics on par or better than LUI.

Mr.Jones

Cant believe no one mentioned Sensi Star or Black Domina. To overlook either is missing out on some fine indica genetics on par or better than LUI.

always thought the yield wasnt that good - since they are looking for a commercial indica!?

L

Leonidas

I would run those seeds you have. I love the C99. It has a very short flower time. I have had some plants ready in 45 days with 50 days pushing it. Yield is fat, easy to trim. If you were closer I would trade you. I have a pack of LUI 13

bromhexine

a nice commercial indica is a skunk known as orange bug from sensi seeds. it finishes fast with a nice yield and a decent buzz. really though we shouoldnt be condoning commercial growing here.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Pot of Gold often gets mentioned in these threads, quick and with a nice Hashy taste, LUI and DD too, but they have been mentioned already.. K2 as well.

DG's Sweetest Cindy would be a nice strain to look at too, 2 of the best genetics out there with ST3 and C99 IMO, brimming with taste and quality, you should find phenos of great smell, appeal, taste, quality and yield.

I just got 15 C99 seeds in the mail today from a friend they are from the brothers grimm stock....cant wait...Ill be germing ATLEAST half right away...cant wait for my place to smell like a GIANT pineapple......sounds fucking delicious.....between the C99, Double Dutch, La Con and Kushberry, I think I have found my "Holy Grails"....time will tell about the DD and C99, but Im sure they are the shit....I know the C99 is.....take care....

Latest posts

Latest posts