What's new

Looking for a future strain.

gwhunran

You didn't mention the high is it not important?
The high is important. It must be strong, but it must also taste and smell good to me. I have grown some really good strains that produce great highs with good taste and smell, but after consuming them for a year, I'm ready for something new.
I don't have the circle of friends that I had as a young man, and what I grow is all that I consume. I live in a legal state but so far there aren't retail outlets offering the variety of choices, most desired.
I look at the strains through the lens of "would I like smoking this for a year?", that's why I usually don't grow the latest fad strains. Great for a few times, but not everyday for a year.

I am open to your suggestions. I have my soaring Sativa strain stain seeds, already in hand , and need to pick a strain with a more sedative effect, preferably with a taste I can appreciate all year. I've found the hashy tasting strains, to be the best for me.
I usually grow the Kushes but would like to broaden my horizens.
I don't want to repeat a grow. I've grown, OG Kush, Critical Kush, Afghani#1, Black Domina, and Vanilla Kush already.

gwhunran

You didn't mention the high is it not important?
I forgot to mention. I appreciate your COB posts. I tried it with Fuel D.OG , still in early cure. I think it was too dry, but it's early in the process. I have a screen of Golden Tiger that will be harvested next month and plan on making some COB with some of it and will make sure it's plenty moist.

GT Day 94 flower (7).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 94 from flip.

GT Day 94 flower (6).JPG

Golden Tiger, photo previous close up came from. Thai pheno

GT Day 94 flower (4).JPG

Same Golden Tiger grow but Malawi Killer pheno, shorter with more compact flowers.

Ras Kali Rasta

Kali China is a fantastic indica. It has a unique and delicious flavour and effects that are calm the mind and relax the body, yet are relatively clear for an indica, and contain a bit of that sativa sparkle.

gwhunran

Kali China is a fantastic indica. It has a unique and delicious flavour and effects that are calm the mind and relax the body, yet are relatively clear for an indica, and contain a bit of that sativa sparkle.
I think I may have seen that one listed at one of the seedbanks that I've used. :) It's an ACE strain, right?:unsure:

BurntBacon

Second that, I still keep empty jars of KC just for sniffs. My ex-special forces buddy likes it for PTSD alleviation, great herb, not real potent, but assured it’s on the mark.

goingrey

The high is important. It must be strong, but it must also taste and smell good to me. I have grown some really good strains that produce great highs with good taste and smell, but after consuming them for a year, I'm ready for something new.
I don't have the circle of friends that I had as a young man, and what I grow is all that I consume. I live in a legal state but so far there aren't retail outlets offering the variety of choices, most desired.
I look at the strains through the lens of "would I like smoking this for a year?", that's why I usually don't grow the latest fad strains. Great for a few times, but not everyday for a year.

I am open to your suggestions. I have my soaring Sativa strain stain seeds, already in hand , and need to pick a strain with a more sedative effect, preferably with a taste I can appreciate all year. I've found the hashy tasting strains, to be the best for me.
I usually grow the Kushes but would like to broaden my horizens.
I don't want to repeat a grow. I've grown, OG Kush, Critical Kush, Afghani#1, Black Domina, and Vanilla Kush already.
Bubba Kush x PCK would be along these lines. Perhaps as the only option even. ACE isn't exactly known for high potency indica hybrids.

The Erdpurt x PCK cross could also be interesting. But not so strong. And you say it must be strong.