What's new

Looking for a future strain.

gwhunran

I've had good luck with ACE and would ask for recommendations for a strain. Feminized

I'm not firmly decided on Sativa or Indica, but would prefer a medium sized plant with tighter bud structure as opposed to looser bud structure. I'll be growing indoors, hydroponics, Scrog.

Smell and taste. I like most cannabis odors and taste. Don't like: bitter, anise, any decay type odor.

I've already grown Panama, and am growing Golden Tiger currently. I have some old Panama Bangi Haze seeds that i've not tried. I consider all these tall plants.

RobertFripp

The Nature Farm Genetics has original 1972 Columbian Gold for sale. Same stock as Underground Seeds Collective sells, and was obtained from the people that have preserved the strain since 1972, and are the suppliers to USC. Short of ordering from Europe. TNF is the only way to get these genetics. I bought 4 packs of the 25 count seeds. $125usd, for 25 seeds.

MassMedicalStrains has original Acapulco gold for sale. Also bought 8 packs of these. I think these genes came from Bodhi, and MMS was given the ok to repopulate them.

BUT, these are HUGE plants, and some will stretch 7x. Best to start 13/11.

For a medium sativa/indica hybrid, Id get some Joey Weed AK47. Its original Pre 2000 genetics. $50 a pack. Or look into Joey Weed White Widow, and his C99. IMHO his AK47-WW, C99 are as good, if not better than from any other place.And are extremely cheap, for what they are. Katsu just did an F3 of the JW-AK47, and sells them for $100 a pack. Joeys is $50.
JW is available at hempdepot.ca.

AK47 is off the charts potent.

Last edited:

Cactus Squatter

Personally I would run those Panama x Bangi, they’re one of my favorites.

If not, maybe give Super Panama Haze a try.
It throws some beastly buds and is an awesome smoke. I took the one in these pics last night at 10weeks, the other 2 phenos look like they have another 2 weeks to go. It’s got great structure, decent smells, tons of frost and a strong effect.
IMG_9194.jpeg

Ras Kali Rasta

How tight does the bud structure need to be, compared to Golden Tiger and Panama?

SCROG is great for tall plants - just need to fill the net during stretch rather than in veg. Make sure to flower mature clones as immature clones and seedlings will stretch too much.

With respect to Cactus Squatter, Super Panama Haze will be to tall, not withstanding my above advice. Panama Bangi Haze will likely have Anise.

Zamaldelica fem, Zamaldelica × Kali China, Zenith (short pheno), Orient Express and C5 × Kali China would fit the bill nicely.

Check out the the strain descriptions on the Ace website for structure and growing tips. They are very detailed and accurate.

ChemDogLover

The Nature Farm Genetics has original 1972 Columbian Gold for sale. Same stock as Underground Seeds Collective sells, and was obtained from the people that have preserved the strain since 1972, and are the suppliers to USC. Short of ordering from Europe. TNF is the only way to get these genetics. I bought 4 packs of the 25 count seeds. $125usd, for 25 seeds.

MassMedicalStrains has original Acapulco gold for sale. Also bought 8 packs of these. I think these genes came from Bodhi, and MMS was given the ok to repopulate them.

BUT, these are HUGE plants, and some will stretch 7x. Best to start 13/11.

For a medium sativa/indica hybrid, Id get some Joey Weed AK47. Its original Pre 2000 genetics. $50 a pack. Or look into Joey Weed White Widow, and his C99. IMHO his AK47-WW, C99 are as good, if not better than from any other place.And are extremely cheap, for what they are. Katsu just did an F3 of the JW-AK47, and sells them for $100 a pack. Joeys is $50.
JW is available at hempdepot.ca.

AK47 is off the charts potent.

Have you grown the Joey ak? I am jonesing for some old school ak47.

Also thanks for the heads up on the Colombian gold. Smoked it 3 times in 1978. Can’t forget those buds

gwhunran

I've been thinking about it some more :unsure: and what I would like to grow, in addition to the Panama Bangi Haze that I already have seed for (if they are still good), is a unique Indica strain that is more a medium plant, something that will double in stretch, but not triple.:unsure: I would like the taste to lean more to the 70s tasting hash that we used to get then.:) It was more blond in color.:unsure: That probably doesn't help much as people were getting different hash around the planet. :rolleyes:

I have two separate grow trays and can do two runs a year, so four strains.:) I have found it's better not to mix strains in a tray, being fed by the same reservoir.:unsure: I always run the tropical Sativas on the 2nd grow of the season so I'm not stressed about when they finish. Nothing going into the tray again until spring.:unsure:

I have to be able to get them in the States. I get a lot from Seedsman and they don't always offer all of the ACE strains or they didn't have the ones I was looking for the last time. :unsure:

I also would only use feminized seeds. I prefer to go straight into tray.:)

Last edited:

gwhunran

Well I was looking at ACE's strains and The Afghan Lemon feminized seemed to fit what I'd had in mind, even though it's a short plant. :) I could just veg it longer.:unsure: Then I couldn't find it for sale.:( I'm in the U.S. and ACE doesn't ship there, Seedsman doesn't carry it, and neither did North Atlantic Seed Co. 🥲

Ras Kali Rasta

Well I was looking at ACE's strains and The Afghan Lemon feminized seemed to fit what I'd had in mind, even though it's a short plant. :) I could just veg it longer.:unsure: Then I couldn't find it for sale.:( I'm in the U.S. and ACE doesn't ship there, Seedsman doesn't carry it, and neither did North Atlantic Seed Co. 🥲

Mandala seeds has it in stock and ships to the US. You could also purchase direct from Khalifa.