What's new

Lola Takes 5 Monarchs Hostage!!!! "They will not be released till my demands are met

L

LolaGal

Thanks! Little rascals hatch at dawn's early light, I haven't been up to get a hatch pic as promised. Sorry guys. It was a thrill to see the butterfly that hatched this morning fly off a while ago. I will work on a final posting of some shots I been saving... Will post pics next time I post, promise!

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bye bye babies

Bye bye babies

Brava Lola!, super job seeing them off into the world, great photo's, great thread.

L

LolaGal

thanks ya'll!

Guess What? One of the kids came back to visit a couple days ago! Lit on my hand and hung out for a minute, then off again.

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
thanks ya'll!

Guess What? One of the kids came back to visit a couple days ago! Lit on my hand and hung out for a minute, then off again.

Oh my gosh! Thats so awsome! Kinda like saying, "hey thanks for keeping us safe Lola! Im doing great!"

My son recently found a cacoon in my back yard, was pretty small and dark brown. Camera is broken, so no pics... sorry. We put it in a mason jar with some fern leafs...... waited for a couple weeks..... and started to think nothing was going to happen. My husband noticed it had turned black one day and thought it had died. So we took it out back to empty the jar, and saw the moth perched on the fern leaf. It was pretty cool.... no manarch or anything, they'll be migrating my way come fall.
It was cool though.

L

LolaGal

it is cool to let them go!

I'd love to raise some of those luna moths!

Latest posts

Latest posts