What's new

Localhero's Outdoor cookout 2010

localhero

end of month progress report.

the ladies are looking better than the stressed out rootbound mass of sadness they were before. stoked. they still have a ways to go and i havent even fed them anything but water. i feel bad about that. i did foliar once and i did add the last of my bottle of liquid microbes, and some microbe lift, but i need to get on them with some brix mix action.

here they are 5-30

bullrider making a comeback from the woody yellow it was:
picture.php

hindu kush is growing upo and out of its cage
picture.php

banana kush is wanting to prove herself
picture.php

looks like mr. Tom Hill was right again with forecasting 10 to 14 days until transplant shock recovery.

localhero

thanks Nomaad,

well the finishing time on her is still debateable. i pulled her at 9 weeks indoor, and this last time at almost 13 weeks. she'll scope as ready and then throw out white hairs and trick you. so who knows, i'll take her as long as i can.

I smoked this stuff called Kananga the other day. it was this crazy green color with orange pistils. unfortunately it looks like a harbor clone. anyone know a better source for that? such a unique look and good smoke. read a little on it. named after a city in africa. sativa. and supposedely grows crazy fast. all the things i like.

localhero

ok its 230 am and im done making the brand new tea brewer!!!

this is a smaller 35 gallon prototype of what i plan on making for the outdoor. basically just recirculating the tea via pump and not using air at all. the waterfall effect should produce more oxygen than air bubbles would. its fairly quiet. its a small pump for having a 1" inlet and outlet. pond pump.

what else? oh yeah, my thoughts are this: if the impellar is too rough on the microlife or the constant whirling through the recirc tube is too much for them - ill hook up the pump to a standard timer setting it for 15 on and 15 off all the way through the dial. that might allow a period of rest for them to breed. breed you micro bastards.

heres the pic:
picture.php

picture.php

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
Looking forward to seeing that banana grow up. She is supposed to be a heavyweight (for OGs)

localhero

Looking forward to seeing that banana grow up. She is supposed to be a heavyweight (for OGs)

whats up hey good to have you man, hate to burst your bubble though but its banana kush. it is supposed to be a heavyweight though. guy said coke bottle colas. ive seen the same strain finished from two different growers and it looked like depending on how u grow it, it could be midis or headies.

P

planty

hey what's up bro, that 15 min on and off thing will not work.

When you make a fungal compost tea the brew time is not long enough to get the fungi colony to reproduce. To make a strong fungus based tea, you need to get some high quality compost ( i like to use home made vermicompost for this ) activate it with some baby oat meal and a heat mat with a thermostat, then put that in to the tea brewer to increase the MASS of the hyphae available, but you won't actually get them to make more in suspension. Once they hit the root zone though it's different.

OK I'm going to plant stuff now!

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
so what's the deal with the tea set up LH, sorry for the ignorant question, i'm still a noob to this stuff, is it some sort of organic nutrient set up?

localhero

welcome phat phreddy!

not ignorant DB, well that tea maker is just a prototype. the theory is that because waterfalls create more dissolved oxygen than bubbling with air, ill use a water pump to recreate that waterfall effect. the beneficial bacteria that tea brewing helps to make need constant oxygenation to survive.

i dont know yet how to make fungal teas.

basically this comes from when i was researching indoor growing techniques. came across the bio buckets thread. man i really like bio buckets and was soo close to making an entire system of it but... i didnt have the head room, and i wanted to run more than one strain at a time. anyways that whole system is based on recirculating water back to a reservior with atleast a 1' drop waterfall.

i use the simple 5 gallon brew method found on icmag where u use a 70liter per minute air pump. im having success with that. the only issue for me is that the lc recipe calls for every feeding using tea during flower. im not clear as to should i keep with the 5 gal with the size of my pots, just adding water to make up for how much the plants need during each feeding. or do i need to brew the exact amount of tea it takes to feed the plants. if the latter is true then i would need aprox 14 gallons of tea every so many days.

so here i am seeing if using a 35 gallon barrel filled up almost to half way and recirc with a water pump will work. the extra space in the barrel allows for any foaming to remain inside and not get all over my room. and it allows for air space between the water outlet and tea surface.

ive just realized that obviously i cant really tell if the microbes are dying or whats goin on in my teas without a micro scope. the jury is out on whether or not using a pond pump is a viable way to make tea.

when i purchased the pump i tried to get the largest intake and outflow on the smallest pump. my pump is 1" in and out. the idea behind that to maximize flow adding the least amount of stress possible to microbes.

if it doesnt work, thats fine. i like to experiment and tinker with stuff. lately ive really been having fun with pvc and poly. maybe im crazy, but cutting pipe, placing fittings, swiveling fittings to make a new angle, getting a tight fit, all without a tape meassure and working fast before the glue takes is fun.

ok recap:

tea brewing: builds beneficial bacteria that help your plants

methodology: microbe source + microbe food source+ oxygen + 24-48hrs

pros: works
cons: air pumps and blowers are very loud

my prototype:

pros: waterfall recirculation with waterfall an effective way of making dissolved oxygen. not as loud as air pumps.

cons: will impellar kill beneficial bacteria?

Feb2006er

I smoked this stuff called Kananga the other day. it was this crazy green color with orange pistils. unfortunately it looks like a harbor clone. anyone know a better source for that? such a unique look and good smoke. read a little on it. named after a city in africa. sativa. and supposedely grows crazy fast. all the things i like.

I saw some CL people offering it a while back. Other than that I have seen it being offered at HS and SR71. I'm really interested in this one as well. I've heard that the high is really Sativa and that the flavor can be really funky.

hey Local what is in your flower tea recipe? I have been messings with a guano recipe that I found on IC. Everythings looking great man keep up the good growing.

localhero

wow,
fantastic job man!!
:good:

thanks man!

BrotherGanja hey Local what is in your flower tea recipe? I have been messings with a guano recipe that I found on IC. Everythings looking great man keep up the good growing.
thanks bro! i dont have my own tea recipe, i just use the one from the organics for beginers thread. ill be playing with new stuff soon tho.

mind linking me to the recipe you found on icmag brotherganja? i'd be interested to have a read
i listed my soil mix earlier in this thread, basically its a conglomeration of stuff i learned. Tom lists his recipe on the second post of that monster thread. but this is the other spot i was reading :https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=158911

oh hey man are you still looking for a pot uni? HumboldtLocal has a link to the one i mentioned to u before in his thread.

Latest posts

Latest posts