What's new

Local ban on 'bully dogs' in my area - Required to be put down- sign petition </3

Grass Lands

Veteran
question for pit owners.....

How do you get a pittbull to break off his bite? It seems once they lock onto something they never get off..

my good friend has a really friendly pittbull, but i just cant trust it...its well trained for the most part and is even friendly around smaller dogs. but one time she randomly flipped out and attacked another friend who was just sitting on the couch, damn near bit his face off.

another time she latched onto a friends pittbull that was visiting...my friend (the owner) had to tackle his own dog and it took him a long time to unlatch her teeth from the other pittbull. both dogs had to go to the hospital and my friend had to pay the other dogs vet bills, both over 1k each!

The dog/pit did not know who the pack leader was and assumed the role...I have introduced my pit to many a dogs with no issues..we also have four black cats that he plays with...we take him over to my dads place and he fits right in with the doxie mix and the aussie herding dog in the back...in other words the dog is only as good as the person who works with the dog and I've been told my dogs are some of the best when it comes to manners...and never had to lay one finger on my boys it was all done with dedication and love.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
They use a "break stick" for that - see the attached link. That being said, if the attack on the friend sitting on the couch happened the way that you describe, I'd be putting that dog down. Aggression towards other dogs is one thing, but to humans shouldn't be tolerated.

http://www.pbrc.net/breaksticks.html

my friend would never put that dog down he probably loves it more than most of us that drop by his house...

its real friendly but it sketches me out, i never take my dog over there anymore because im worried she will kill him in one bite... he also owns a full grown male husky and the female pitt dominates him, she even mounts the husky and dry humps him..

another time while at his house, i stood up kind of quickly, grabbed my carkeys, and was heading to the door to leave and the dog started flipping out...my friend grabbed her by the collar and held her back, but she was ready to pounce. i was high as fuck and my heart rate was racing, i think she was able to sense that fear or adrenaline in me....99% of the time she is a really friendly dog, easy to touch and approach. but i do not like being around her when she starts acting crazy, shes only 3 years old so not elderly dementia..

J

juicepuddle

NO OFFENSE TO ANY PET OWNER, BUT IF THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENS AND YOU LET THEM KILL YOUR DOG, YOUR THE PROBLEM.

How hard is it to say no? OMG ITS WRITTEN ON PAPER, POLICY!! I know for sure I wouldn't let them touch my dog and I would fight it this is absurd.

Absurd like reacting to a thread title with no research ;)

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I've got to put a muzzle on my springer spaniel Alice these days when going to the vets office or when getting from car to room in hotels when the sudden appearance of a stranger in close proximity is a probability, she turns 9 yrs old this week and I've had to use a muzzle for the last couple of years. better safe than sorry plus in hotels the muzzle even prevents any loud barking from disturbing anyone.

she's not vicious really just a bit more defensive in her old age and nervous when we're away from home.

we visited overnight w/some friends over the summer, Alice took to them & their dog immediately but she only settled down when she finally decided to hop on the couch and snuggle up with my friend.

dogs can be somewhat unpredictable.......

Andyo

Veteran
Bizarre comments, even for this venue. Your understanding of this country appears to run about as deeply as your understanding of animal behavior.

*Edit* My apologies, after a quick perusal of your posts, I see that you are from Thailand. I can now readily believe that street dogs don't bite humans there. The part that I cannot believe is that there actually are street dogs there - I am reasonably certain that they have all been made into superb menu items by your restaurants. As far as being on any register, I'm sure it will come as soon as the technology arrives.

Thats the whole point of my post its my understanding of your country .

A Dogs behavior is a reflection of society ,as is the extreme reaction of your local authority.

Its about the mass vibe .

AOD sent me a positive rep he immediatley understood my point.A

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Yea dude, kind of fucked up. My fam lives in Sicily, and there are plenty dogs that could fuck people up roaming around " a campania"..... Never been bit yet.

aod

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you know that your pet might bite its your responsibility to make sure that animal can not get access to anyone.. I had a mixed boxer/pit 20 years ago and that dog hated all men accept myself. If he saw a dude he would bite them. I had to put him down. It was my fault he was like that. I did not give him the nessasery training he needed. I told myself I would never let that happen again and I have kept that promis

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...n-killed-in-apparent-dog-mauling-at-her-home/

Those of you in the SF area should remember this. These dogs are massive

Whipple was killed on January 26, 2001, by two large Presa Canario dogs .... Judge Sentences S.F. Woman to 4 Years for Fatal Mauling -
http://dogbitelaw.com/diane-whipple/the-diane-whipple-case.html

presa-canario.jpg

Bullfrog44

Veteran
question for pit owners.....

How do you get a pittbull to break off his bite? It seems once they lock onto something they never get off..

my good friend has a really friendly pittbull, but i just cant trust it...its well trained for the most part and is even friendly around smaller dogs. but one time she randomly flipped out and attacked another friend who was just sitting on the couch, damn near bit his face off.

another time she latched onto a friends pittbull that was visiting...my friend (the owner) had to tackle his own dog and it took him a long time to unlatch her teeth from the other pittbull. both dogs had to go to the hospital and my friend had to pay the other dogs vet bills, both over 1k each!

Sounds gross, but stick your finger in the dogs ass. Works like a charm. I was at the dog park and a ex military guy had a pit that attacked another big dog. The dog wouldn't let go and the guy stuck his finger in the dogs but, and it let as soon as their was penetration. I know I would let go also, lol.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Sounds gross, but stick your finger in the dogs ass. Works like a charm. I was at the dog park and a ex military guy had a pit that attacked another big dog. The dog wouldn't let go and the guy stuck his finger in the dogs but, and it let as soon as their was penetration. I know I would let go also, lol.

I wouldnt like to try that..
My guy growls if you wag ur finger IN HIS FACE:laughing:

Protea

I have had a great dane and i have a german schaefer, and non of them have ever shown agressiv sighns toward people, just other dogs.
so its not about the breed its about the owners, as other has sad before. and if thouse kind of pople whant dogs, the will get other dogs, that is nto on the list. so nothing is gaind by it. you can allways cross bread new races faster that they can ban them.
the should rather deny that kind of people to keep dogs.

MJBadger

Veteran
dogs can be somewhat unpredictable

& that`s the reason why we should take responsibility for their actions & control their behaviour . If we fail then we should not own a dog ........ simple as

Secrecy

Local ban on 'bully dogs' in my area - Required to be put down- sign petition </3

Bully's are not pit bulls. English bulldogs are very friendly. In all cases that involve bites from dogs any breed is from poor socialization from the dog owner period.. No one will ever hurt my Bully..

picture.php

picture.php

Cutest dog ever dude I love bully's!

I've been bit by a golden retriever because of the dumbass owner didn't have him trained and leashed.

My girls dobe is the NICEST dog I've ever met, the bark will make you fill your pants with shit for sure but very friendly dog.

Signed, fuck this bill/law.