What's new

loading issues (3rd parties)

Ca++

I'm having slow loads. I can say with certainly, the next time I press 'new posts' it will hang. It might be at sdk.mrf.io or googlesyndication or fontawesome. I have to stop the page and refresh once or twice. Opening the main menu is usually alright, but threads are hit and miss. I'm unsure why these behave differently. My connection isn't great, so some issues are expected. I can't read PCbuds thread as it's too pic heavy to ever load. That's my connection though, I don't get long enough to get that much data from you. The new posts thing is bugging me though. Only the last week or so though. It's every time.

I'm wondering if paying my due's would stop this bidding. Non of them want me lol

Ca++

Nobody else?
Pages not loading is more common than them working.
It must be me...

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I have had zero loading issues since the upgrade in the spring. See if clearing your cache helps. Log out clear, your browser's cache and log back in. It may help.

Ca++

Thanks for the help bud. Unfortunately my browser is a secure one, and wouldn't keep anything if I wanted it to. I think that might be part of the problem. I'm like a new customer every time. They don't know what to sell me.

Ca++

I generally change my IP when I change pages now. With a new IP the load time is right. If I use an IP twice, then I have a history that starts the advertisers bidding for me. However, I have no value, as while I have a history of usage on the site, There is no history to gain from me. So bidding stops. Pages may not load, or may do so while I go off and watch something. If I actually want a page, I change my IP to get it without issue.

This is a very clear set of actions, and I'm fully aware of the bidders names who are hanging the process.

They want me, as much as I want them. I really need opting out.

Question to others... are the adds you get just pot related as it's a pot site? Mine are, when I look. I'm guessing other people are giving up their browsing history though, getting bids, and seeing things that are not just pot related. Which would confirm my thoughts

StevenHXF

Administrator
All of our ads are trafficked by us and are served via our in-house ad management software. We don't pull in adverts from third-party providers so the only ads you will see on here are companies we have direct relationships with.

Steven

Ca++

Thanks for the reply. Loading this page made a few connections to other sites.
fontawesome
Google-Analytics
Googletagmanager
mrf
newsroom

I have started surfing while logged out. They are not so insistent. It actually works fine when I'm not logged in

Ca++

Same Problems here over and over again :mad: its not happening with any other site just here fookn gremlins :chin::dunno::dunno:
Is it better when you are not logged in?

Is your search also useless? like won't find a thread by title, even if you are on it.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is it better when you are not logged in?

Is your search also useless? like won't find a thread by title, even if you are on it.
Hit and miss to be honest logged in or out :mad::poop:
Working for the moment but guaranteed more or less to go tits up..

Ca++

Yeah, I use it while I can, then leave when I must. I have started to visit the site when I'm about to leave the room. Refreshing my landing page, so it's done when I get back. When it works I look about, and when it's stuck loading all the junk, I'm away for 42 minutes of something else.

Do you see the same stuff slowing it down. Fontawesome ect. That one is meant to be an extended character set, where my browser doesn't already carry the code for the many smiles and foreign texts the site might call for. These all load with every page change, and are a constant pita. We have smiles like someone in a wheelchair, repeated about 8 times, to give them different coloured T-shirts. It's bloated, but I think there is more going on.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hit and miss to be honest logged in or out :mad::poop:
Working for the moment but guaranteed more or less to go tits up..
As predicted tits up again taking forever to load photos and trying to read a thread is virtually impossible takes forever and a day at best !!! :dunno::mooning::clock watch::beat-dead:cuss::lurk:

Ca++

All of our ads are trafficked by us and are served via our in-house ad management software. We don't pull in adverts from third-party providers so the only ads you will see on here are companies we have direct relationships with.

Steven
Going out on a limb here..
You have a custom font/smiley 'kit' hosted at fontawesome. One which needs loading from them, before any IC page will load. Otherwise, the IC page couldn't be completed. It is fontawesome that are typically busy, and not processing the repeated demand.

You can copy that folder from fontawesome. They talk of embedding it in your page template.

They are 95% of the problem. With google usually just taking a couple of seconds.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As predicted tits up again taking forever to load photos and trying to read a thread is virtually impossible takes forever and a day at best !!! :dunno::mooning::clock watch::beat-dead:cuss::lurk:

ADMIN ANY CHANCE YOU CAN LOOK INTO THIS... ???????????....

SENT MESSAGES TO CERTAIN ADMIN... BUT NO REPLY :moon:

Last edited:

Ca++

Is that on a pc or computer?
I only use pc, and bounce around the world a bit first. Using Firefox.

I don't have log in problems, but my issue has been consistent and pretty identifiable for ages. it's loading the off site stuff, I was told we don't load. I think the number of off site people who's sole interest is tracking in (google adds etc) are making too many attempts that my PC plugins are denying. Simply not getting the message, or trying to get themselves white-boarded.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is that on a pc or computer?
I only use pc, and bounce around the world a bit first. Using Firefox.

I don't have log in problems, but my issue has been consistent and pretty identifiable for ages. it's loading the off site stuff, I was told we don't load. I think the number of off site people who's sole interest is tracking in (google adds etc) are making too many attempts that my PC plugins are denying. Simply not getting the message, or trying to get themselves white-boarded.
Laptop Ca++:.. been in touch with my isp who say nothing to do with them all sites should work no capping at all from there end its took me 7 mins to log in here glad i went for a :poop: before trying to log in..

Ca++

Our problems sound different, and with an absence of people agreeing with us, might be just our problems. Mine relates to logging in, but only that it works better when I'm logged out. I expect that once in, I'm an identity. Something they can start building a profile for. Before this, I'm just an IP from a server known to route through thousands of people.
A friend used to use IC, but was a dullard and got targeted adds. It worked fine for him, on his PC

Do you have a different device you could try?

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Our problems sound different, and with an absence of people agreeing with us, might be just our problems. Mine relates to logging in, but only that it works better when I'm logged out. I expect that once in, I'm an identity. Something they can start building a profile for. Before this, I'm just an IP from a server known to route through thousands of people.
A friend used to use IC, but was a dullard and got targeted adds. It worked fine for him, on his PC

Do you have a different device you could try?
Today it seems to be working time will tell though i give up with it !!!!
Thanks for the advice Ca++:
APPRECIATED...:tiphat:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I have same problem. super slow loading.

when I post pic. some people dont see it... when I am logged out, I dont see it too...