What's new

llewops 1800w vertical NFT

dj digigrow

I'd get the death penalty for those plant #'s..lol
Great Show... I bet you have some crazy trimming partys!, with 3 roomates and all..
sometimes it sucks trimming by yourself for days or weeks at a time..

llewop

that shit's looking awesome man! I love your system..

Thanks yo

that is some madness... I don't know how you keep track of them all... Way to work with what you got.

Yeah lets hope none of em hermie, I'd never catch it in time.

I'd get the death penalty for those plant #'s..lol
Great Show... I bet you have some crazy trimming partys!, with 3 roomates and all..
sometimes it sucks trimming by yourself for days or weeks at a time..

Yeah I think I'm gonna switch to a 20-25 plants in dirt with 4 600's after this grow. hella trimming parties, your invited.

llewop

AHHRRGGGG!! About 25 of my plants just are not flowering, they aren't even showing preflowers! I think it may have something to do with my running the lights at night. The dark phases temperatures are sometimes higher than the light phase. I've been told by several chronobiologists that this could lead to problems, as certain gene expression is regulated by temperature. I just figured that since light is the main method of entrainment for these oscillators that I'd be ok. I guess I was wrong... these 25 plants were growing huge with no end in sight so yesterday I pulled em. System is now only about 70% full. I hope I can still reach my goal of 1gpw, I threw some rooted cones in the empty spots right away.

picture.php

thats very good observation,window ac box for night time or switch up the genes to fit ur grow.btw what strain was it,same cuts as the others.thanks peace

reddy1

ICMag Donor
that's interesting, i always run my lights at night when ambients are cooler, never had that problem.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah i run almost all my lights at night and never had that problem

i think they're just taking their time to shows sex lol

cheers,

bobblehead

Veteran
The other thing to consider would be light leaks. Some plants that see any sort of light leak will not flower. I also run my lights at night and don't have this problem. Like I said though, there was this one bag seed that flowered for like 4 months, and it wasn't any sort of extreme sativa... ended up being a hermaphrodite too... fml... But that was a long long time ago.

llewop

thats very good observation,window ac box for night time or switch up the genes to fit ur grow.btw what strain was it,same cuts as the others.thanks peace

Thats an option but I really don't want to deal with buying and running an A/C. The new cuts are also Blue Dream/Hogsbreath

I had that problem growing bag seed... How many different strains are you growing in there?

Interesting, I guess seeds just have a lot of variability. I'm growing mostly the Blue Dream/Hogsbreath cross but I also threw in about 30 OG Kush cuttings.

that's interesting, i always run my lights at night when ambients are cooler, never had that problem.

Must be strain related... growing from cuttings for sure has some advantages.

yeah i run almost all my lights at night and never had that problem

i think they're just taking their time to shows sex lol

cheers,

I think your right about them taking their time. The system just doesn't have room for giants or I would have kept em around.

The other thing to consider would be light leaks. Some plants that see any sort of light leak will not flower. I also run my lights at night and don't have this problem. Like I said though, there was this one bag seed that flowered for like 4 months, and it wasn't any sort of extreme sativa... ended up being a hermaphrodite too... fml... But that was a long long time ago.

Thanks bobblehead. I'll re-check, but I think everything's light proof. If one of these girls hermies I'd loose it.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah with this system i say you go with something solid, something proven and you're in for a real real treat !!!! :):)

Scrogerman

Veteran
Yeah man, V-Nice, like it alot!:) Some Big ass yield comin out of ere, look forward to seeing this one!

hehehemann

Very nice system you have built.

What are your temps in there? and outside the tent too?
The water is pumped to the top and it flows back down the pipes, how deep is the water in the pipes? does it flood them or just a small stream/flow through the pipes?

llewop

yeah with this system i say you go with something solid, something proven and you're in for a real real treat !!!! :):)

For sure. I bet a more experienced grower with powerful genetics could hit crazy numbers in this set-up. I'm pretty much working with what I've got, which is a bunch of feminized seeds and two OG Kush mothers.

Yeah man, V-Nice, like it alot!:) Some Big ass yield comin out of ere, look forward to seeing this one!

Thanks man

Very nice system you have built.

What are your temps in there? and outside the tent too?
The water is pumped to the top and it flows back down the pipes, how deep is the water in the pipes? does it flood them or just a small stream/flow through the pipes?

Thanks for stopping by.

No Tent. I built a wall dividing my bedroom. The grow room has a window to the outside with crazy passive air intake. I run my lights at night so temps are about 70-80 (San Diego weather) at all times.

I run a really strong pump with a valve. With the valve fully open, and the system empty, the channels are about half full (2"). I run the valve pretty much as closed as it gets once there's plants in the system. I do this is because the root masses really fill up the piping and there is definitely a possibility of flooding. Right now the water level is about 1-2" from the top, enough to completely saturate the root masses.

hehehemann

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any pictures showing your pump and drain system area so i can get a better visualization?

dmt

Veteran
sweet dude very productive. does look like too high flow and ppm though, would boost yield and density if resolved, nice thread, d

llewop

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any pictures showing your pump and drain system area so i can get a better visualization?

I'll take some next res change.

sweet dude very productive. does look like too high flow and ppm though, would boost yield and density if resolved, nice thread, d

Thanks for stopping by man, your warehouse thread blows my mind. I think the flow and ppms in my system are okay actually. The nute burn pictured is because I didn't refill my res fast enough.

Update:

So I chopped my first two plants today. Heres some before and after trimming flix

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

llewop

Some flix of the whole system... I really need a fisheye lens. These pictures don't really give a good idea of what it looks like in there.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

E

Eatatjoes

That system looks good, really nice looking buds as well. I'm not criticizing but a 2" water depth would be considered SWC (shallow water culture). I'll bet your yields are going to be huge when you get the system dialed in. I can't rep ya yet so props to you.

Latest posts

Latest posts