What's new

Living organic soil from start through recycling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
I could be a guy who smokes herb grown with Eagle20 and then go on a canna forum and preach with my hypocritically skewed point of view on other topics.....wurd?
You just need an entourage to complete the deal. Too bad the 'good ones' are currently committed to other members.......

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
IncredibowlBoss

Eli Lilly owns the Spinosad deal in the USA and that includes products for agriculture, gardening and the oral products for digs and cats (fleas & ticks) meaning that the 2 Spinosad are one and the same exact product.

Bonide sells their product under the "Capt. Jack's Deadbug Brew" and is a grow store products. It runs about $20.00 for 1 pint which will make 4 gallons at their suggested mixing ratio with water.

Monterey Garden Products Concentrated Spinosad is about the same price but you get 2x - i.e. a quart. There is a pre-mixed product from Monterey - avoid. Worthless.

I believe that Amazon sells the correct product.

Add Pro-TeKt and Aloe vera to your spraying mix.

HTH

CC

...but hey ...uh...duh...George...friend...uh isn't liquid potassium silicate un-organicle...I mean I really want to argue this one to prove you bastards wrong in any @!!#!!~+ way....urgh argh..

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
It's a real shame that individuals who post links that supposedly buttress their Goober Speak are incapable of actually reading the damn information. That thread does not contain ONE SINGLE FACT from the usual suspects. None. Nada. Zilch.

Pathetic but hardly unexpected......

CC

Any recs as to the preferred species of predator mite? I found a couple.

Any botanicals I should try?

I've read about dusting with sulfur and/or suffocating the fuckers by rubbing leaves with mineral oil - thoughts on these approaches?

The general consensus is to nuke all my veg plants with Avid - that is my final solution if all else fails.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MM

I believe that you said the USB microscopes weren't up to the task and is that from the poor equipment available (low resolution) or the limitations of USB? The reason that I'm asking is that Intel's Thunderbolt technology is making its way into the marketplace and Intel claims that it's 2x faster than USB 3.0

The software and ports came pre-installed on the machine I bought last summer and I'm running a 3 TB external back-up drive with Thunderbolt. Pretty fast - not sure about 2x but that's the claim.

Just curious

CC

I'm pretty sure the quality is related to the chip (cmos or ccd) combined with frames per second capacity of the unit combined
with the drivers used.

I tested Celestron units and the frame capture rate was very poor as were several other brands on the market.

When I tested the ones which I dealt with previously, the 1.3 megapixel unit out performed the 3 MP unit based on this therefore the 1.3 is what I carried.

The results visually is a delay of the live image from camera to monitor/computer and blurred or fractured images of moving microorganisms.

The unit I carried worked fine and I even tweaked the software a bit to make it quite ideal to soil organism viewing.

The company then found a chip and driver combination which was cheaper and absolute crap. They shipped them to me without any warning that something had changed. Never ever ever deal with a company called Future Optics http://www.future-optics.com They are dishonest.

As far as I know you still cannot beat a firewire connection for live feed optics. I intend to test hdmi once I get a camera with this interface. I use USB 3 for some data transfer and it is far superior to USB 2 but I don't think it shines a light near firewire for live optics. I don't know how Thunderbolt might work into the scenario.

The cleanest transfer is with the least conversion to binary numeric form. IMO

Gascanastan

Veteran
smokin poison herb can't be good for yer gray matter. :moon:

...it can't be good for anybody...have you seen the way these cats drive after dropping in at the local Chem-dro dispensary and getting some free samples to puff while in shopping for meds??? ...look out...Asian ladies don't have nuthin' compared to these poor unsuspecting human guinea pigs.

Oh - and it turns out having a microscope when you have a pest problem is good/bad - goo because you can get a quick positive ID and start fighting em - bad because now that I've watched these fuckers rasp a leaf NONSTOP at 800x, they've got me seriously worried!

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran

I've read about dusting with sulfur and/or suffocating the fuckers by rubbing leaves with mineral oil - thoughts on these approaches?

The general consensus is to nuke all my veg plants with Avid - that is my final solution if all else fails.
Hit them with Cilantro tea and see if that doesn't take care of business.

Neem oil, Spinosad, etc. - no different than with 'regular' Spider Mites.

CC

Gascanastan

Veteran

I'd try a neem drench before total nuke....
....start with 2 tablespoons neem oil and some liquid potassium silicate to 1 gal water. set the pot inside a plastic bag inside another pot and then dump the whole gallon in...let it sit there 15 minutes then remove. Take the plant out of the light for a day...water until run-off with regular water a few hours after the drench....and look for signs of burning.

Soon enough you'll know if the type of cannabis can handle that or not...most types can.

I would avoid sulfur and handling the leaves .....try a foliar with some members of the mint family as coot suggests.
The stuff kills them...caution should be used with these methods...the plant based foliars for insect control are powerful and can burn if the concentration of plant material used is above coots recommendation.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Ouch russet mites...... you in CO by any chance?
We tried so many damn things in my buddies garden

Neem...... Hahaha not even close. laughable to russet mites.. really.
Rosemary, glove, thyme, cottenseed oil pesticides.... NOPE
Sulfur burn.... nothing
azamax, etc.... nope

The only 2 things my friends found that worked were

Wettable sulfur beat em back

and finally he gave in and did a rotation of Avid then Forbid 4f and never saw them again.

Sucks bro
GS

Gascanastan

Veteran
Cool - Im headed to the grocery store - I've handled spider mites with rosemary oil too - might as well go all out.

Interestingly, the russets are disproportionately interested in my OGs vs all other cuts

...weak cell walls...proly due to years of inbreeding and poor selections when breeding finally catching up with it on natures terms.

Weak cell walls are favored by sucking insects...it's easier to get their proboscis into thin walled cells as compared to healthy thick ass organic hybrid cells that haven't been pollenating randomly in closets for 30 years by 'professional' breeders overlooking positive growth traits in favor of big flowers or some other stoner stupid reason taking president over the reasons breeding is done in the first place.....IMO

Yup - here in CO - they hitched in on a cut of Moonshine Haze from a garden that that got em on a cut of Ghost's OG allegedly from the SWAC warehouse.

Mighty Wash & Judo have been recommended by warehouse folks - luckily I'm just dealin with under 2 lights in my basement

Gascanastan

Veteran
Ouch russet mites...... you in CO by any chance?
We tried so many damn things in my buddies garden

Neem...... Hahaha not even close. laughable to russet mites.. really.
Rosemary, glove, thyme, cottenseed oil pesticides.... NOPE
Sulfur burn.... nothing
azamax, etc.... nope

The only 2 things my friends found that worked were

Wettable sulfur beat em back

and finally he gave in and did a rotation of Avid then Forbid 4f and never saw them again.

Sucks bro
GS

Uh oh.....news just in to the newsroom.....GS has experience with the bastards...doesn't sound good. I'd try what you have anyway....one step at a time...done in a timely fashion before they win the battle at least.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
IB

Mighty Wash is simply cinnamon oil (Linalool) at less than .30% - probably one of the best hydro store scams going.

But nothing compares to the silliness from Sierra Natural Science - SNS 217C - LMAO

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
One of my rare rants.....

Sometimes I feel the automatic, blanket response of neem oil sprays on this forum have to stop...... search through a couple thousand studies on greenhouse pest management, like I have and you'll see neem is rarely considered "control" of anything. Show me efficacy on TSSM, broad mites, russet mites, root aphids, hell fungus gnat, thrips, whiteflys, root nematodes, bulb mites, caterpillars,....... lately My reading has centered around how much it doesnt work against fungal and bacterial pathogens.

Show me the control in a 4-6K grow not just a commercial greenhouse. I use neem every 3 days. If it gave any sort of *actual control, I wouldn;t needed to try a dozen other products. Gnatrol or microbelift for gnats, rosemary, cottonseed oil sprays for mites, spinosad for thrips, a dozen things for PM, fuarium, verticillium. Botanigard, mycotrol, ecotec,

I use neem like a MOFO and to what end...... a leaf shine..... and botanigard does a better job at that.

On the clone trading circuit Ive been exposed to a lot of things in the last few years, and seen even more in friends gardens its amazing that nearly every garden that had big problems were ALREADY every 2-3 day neem users.

I let my guard down for a very short period of time with everything except neem..... and paid a huge price for it.

/Rant

theJointedOne

Veteran
Once youve harvested out of your recycled soil, what is the amending list of ingredients look like? And is that supposed to sit for a while or is it pretty much ready to plant.

Ty

Status
Not open for further replies.