What's new

Living organic soil from start through recycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scuggy

..here's a couple that are a little more Orca looking...they stay fairly short.

View Image

Wow. Just spectacluar. Everything looks so green and symmetrical. I bet you've really been working hard, you know, keeping up with ph'ing all that water. Not one cal-mag deficient leaf in there either....

Scrappy4

Veteran
im in my second cycle since switching from hydro and im feeding my girls RO water thru blumats, it occured to me tonight that i probably dont need calmag in my res anymore since its in the DL, is this accurate?

It's also in your prefiltered water most likely. But your right it's in dolomite lime, also in neem meal, oyster shells, crab shells, comfrey, alfalfa, kelp meal, and if fact in most all botanical inputs....scrappy

B

BlueJayWay

Pseudo - Ditch the calmag and let us know how the plants look in 7-10 days. Whatcha got in your soil, and what do you water/feed with?

Hey I was hopin' if any of the mycologists on board new what my weed was growin down there?

picture.php

picture.php

It's a 15gal smart pot, 2nd run no-till type situation. My first shroom indoors! LoL Can I eat it?

picture.php

Scrappy4

Veteran
BJW, I believe that is one of the best pics of mulch I have ever seen. It just looks so natural and diverse. Good job......scrappy

somoz

Veteran
Pseudo - Ditch the calmag and let us know how the plants look in 7-10 days. Whatcha got in your soil, and what do you water/feed with?

Hey I was hopin' if any of the mycologists on board new what my weed was growin down there?

It's a 15gal smart pot, 2nd run no-till type situation. My first shroom indoors! LoL Can I eat it?

I'm going to see your question and raise you one, is that mulch top-dressed on your pots or do you have a separate 'mulch pot' going on here? Plants look great, sorry I can't be of use with identifying the other kind of weed.

Last edited:
B

BlueJayWay

CC, scrappy - thanks guys, ya know scrappy you kind of described your process a few pages back (mulching, teas, watering, etcetera)... Anyways I catch myself laughing sometimes because of the extent of similarities, I read it and it could be me describing exactly the steps I do - even the weird stuff like W89 - I've smooshed my sprouts before! LoL..... But everyone got to this point in their own way ya know.

Somoz, I'm a little unclear, but that is all mulch material in a pot that is flowering at the moment, some clover in the corner and the mystery mushroom pokin up, a fungus among us.

No till gardening is fun because of this kind of thing, over time you and your plants create this little mini ecosystem, at work and fully functioning in replica of nature ya know...its pretty cool..... I think anyways...

Cann

BJW I wouldn't eat that mushroom unless you can successfully identify it...

There are old mycologists, and there are bold mycologists, but there are no old bold mycologists :)

BJW I wouldn't eat that mushroom unless you can successfully identify it...

There are old mycologists, and there are bold mycologists, but there are no old bold mycologists :)

now how exactly would mankind have gotten to this point with that kind of attitude...? EAT IT!!!!

Cann

lol dude....do you know how many humans probably died from eating toxic mushrooms? it was a trial and error process for thousands of years...it doesn't have to be that way anymore! why risk it...?

I would never tell a friend to just eat a mushroom if he didn't know what it was...you gotta be real careful about these things. have some more respect for the fungi....they are more powerful than you might think. can't just eat them at will...

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no doubt cann esp w/ LBMs {little brown mushrooms} there are a bunch of very similar looking shrooms w/ very different properties

MileHighGuy

Veteran
I've even heard of Mushrooms that are fine to eat several seasons in a row.... then one year you go back.... and BAM dead as a doornail. Things aren't always as they seem in the mushroom world. Scary stuff.

Scrappy4

Veteran
I've even heard of Mushrooms that are fine to eat several seasons in a row.... then one year you go back.... and BAM dead as a doornail. Things aren't always as they seem in the mushroom world. Scary stuff.

While mushroom identication is always the thing to do, but sometimes nothing in the books matches up exactly. In those cases I test a couple before eating many. Again i'm not recommending others do this. The worst that has ever happened, so far, is a little diarrhea. And some while not harmfull just don't taste all that hot. But I have eaten wild mushrooms all my life. Even some considered poisonous by others. I ate pigs feet for years then someone showed me it was supposed to make me sick, lol. I guess it depends on the area they grow in' but it's a strong flavored mushroom that most would not eat much of anyway.

I had oyster mushrooms grow on old rotting wood in my compost but I'm still waiting for my first mushroom growing in a weed pot."..scrappy

Status
Not open for further replies.