Expired
Veteran
Is Subpar as douchey looking as Kyle?

Pretty much......

0.jpg

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
Would you buy anything with the term secret sauce on the label from this guy?

..... someone needs to help the boy out on buzz words eh. Another aspect of that trip that wouldn't go over so well in the joint. I can see it now," ready for your secret sauce cell-ie"

"Wackey Uncle Kyle's Mysteriously Magic Canna-Liquids"

Last edited:

Gascanastan

Veteran
Pretty much......

View Image

Subdroool...

Breeder of fine tired and boring genetics that are prone to get powdery mildew and also prone to fall over 2 ft out of the seed. Perfect examples of breeding without thinking of the most important things the plant needs to survive....you know disease resistance,strong stems,etc.

Proly only making selections for frost and taste...disregarding all else.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Gascan

The Vital Earth Manna Mix potting soil that the veganic crowd is all excited about? Here's part of the description at Vital Earth's web site: Manna Mix consisting of a superior blend Vital Earth's Coconut Pith, sphagnum peat moss, perlite, pumice

Think back about 3 years ago when an amateur grower posted about using Sunshine Growers Organic Mix in the 2.8 loose packs vs compressed bales? Remember anything like that? He was a rather nifty lad indeed!

Here - let me help jog your memory....

40% Sphagnum pea moss
30% Organic Coconut coir - Sri Lanka
30% aeration mix consisting of Perlite, Pumice, etc.

Remember that at all?

LMAO

CC

Last edited:

Gascanastan

Veteran
Well, I will confess, I very well may have been THE FIRST one to comment on using it, to the best of my knowledge. However, MadL did run crazy with something I was merely poking around with in my spare time to just check it out. It wasn't something I was really trying to "push" and once that particular wheel got rolling - well, like you said...

It is for this very reason I feel some what responsible for it in the first place - and I wanted to make specific mention of my thoughts / experiences with it, now a couple years later.

It's kinda of hard to undo some things - this shouldn't be one of them. Like I said, even companies introduced new soil blends with calcined DE as a selling point...

:tumbleweed: dank.Frank

Right now there are individuals here in the organic soil forum who post repetive fantastic loooking scientific posts filled with information about this and that concerning cannabis as if they have experience with the methods they spew to grow cannabis. To me it's just bullshit if you can't back up what you type,copy,and paste all day about...just drivel....copy and paste confusion for noobs...
No grow logs,photo's,or dirty hands.....NEVER trust a farmer w/clean hands.

Gascanastan

Veteran
Gascan

The Vital Earth Manna Mix potting soil that the veganic crowd is all excited about? Here's part of the description at Vital Earth's web site: Manna Mix consisting of a superior blend Vital Earth's Coconut Pith, sphagnum peat moss, perlite, pumice

Think back about 3 years ago when an amateur grower posted about using Sunshine Growers Organic Mix in the 2.8 loose packs vs compressed bales? Remember anything like that? He was a rather nifty lad indeed!

Here - let me help jog your memory....

40% Sphagnum pea moss
30% Organic Coconut coir - Sri Lanka
30% aeration mix consisting of Perlite, Pumice, etc.

Remember that at all?

LMAO

CC

Compared to the mixes we run that really looks like commercial bulk from here....

Wonder where ol Matt Rize fits in with the Kyle universe today???

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
True but at the time it was head & shoulders above the conventional mixes coming out of Sun Gro. At least this base used an organic wetting agent - yucca root and it was the same price per cubic foot as Sunshine Mix #4 or any of the others flavors.

It was a start anyway...

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
will return to the cup tomorrow...if y'all have any questions for the great kyle kushman or any of the others who will be there (swerve, subcool, DJ short, etc.) lay them on the table, I will be your messenger tomorrow. If not for entertainment purposes only...
I've got a couple of questions but they're probably not appropriate for a public forum having to do with their personal genetics. Talk about true genetic drift and proof that diversity is a good thing.

You can only breed with blood relatives for 'x number' of generations before strange things begin to show up.

Gascanastan

Veteran
True but at the time it was head & shoulders above the conventional mixes coming out of Sun Gro. At least this base used an organic wetting agent - yucca root and it was the same price per cubic foot as Sunshine Mix #4 or any of the others flavors.

It was a start anyway...

So you could say these 'veganics' guys are basically just....well ...very far behind us here..... like 1995 behind.

Everybody has that one guy in the family that's a little slow...but jeeeezuzz crispies!! These are cannabis figure heads...gurus...breeders....??? This is a joke.....right?

Coba

Veteran
here's a stupid question, not intended for the expo experts Cann, ( though, that's some funny stuff right there)

What's the difference between Calcined DE, Turface and a Medium/Coarse Diatomite,

Because,
Bonsai enthusiast have used Turface, a Calcined clay material in their soil mixes for years (way before closet cultivators started buying NAPA floor dry). so have baseball diamond groundskeepers. And the right sourced DE has Bentonite or Montmorillonite clay in it right?

then, some Orchid/Epiphyte people may use a Medium/Coarse Diatomite ( it's DE just not ground up to a powder) as a substrate, maybe some Bonsai guys and gals may have used it as well. -->

As reported in the September 2006 Issue of the AOS Orchids Magazine, diatomite absorbs salt and salt can be injurious to orchid roots. If diatomite is used, be aware that it will retain fertilizer salts and is reported to not respond to conventional leaching/rinsing techniques. If orchid mixes containing diatomite are re-used, we strongly recommend that the mix be thoroughly soaked and drained repeatedly (minimum of 3 times) to make sure salts from fertilizing are no longer embedded in the diatomite. Test for salts before reusing.

not sure if using Calcined DE is similar, I don't use it.
but,maybe the NAPA floor dry has something in it due to processing/packaging that just won't wash out... kinda like herpes.

Gascanastan

Veteran
I read that Marc Emery has offered to help out in Washington once he's released from FCI - what with being the Prince of Pot and all

The prince of pot who was selling bootlegged CD's like a street huslter in the early 9o's while I was growing herb...oh yeah,that guy. I would buy seed from him in 1996...fortunatley they were the real deal DJ/Sag Bubbleberry...never to be seen in that form again.

V

vonforne

The prince of pot who was selling bootlegged CD's like a street huslter in the early 9o's while I was growing herb...oh yeah,that guy. I would buy seed from him in 1996...fortunatley they were the real deal DJ/Sag Bubbleberry...never to be seen in that form again.

I think the same thing of these guys........where did they come from. Kinda of reminds me of the Brady Bunch episode where they take Greg and give him this Jonny Bravo name and market the shit out of him all the while he is just a fake figure head for the record company.

John Cougar type of thing. lol

I was flying to Amsterdam before POP even knew what cannabis seeds were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts