What's new

Living organic soil from start through recycling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
Two days ago - 10 pages ago - you folks move fast...lol...

The Napa 8822 product was discussed and I mentioned I had to edit a post to add pictures.

Well, posted edited and pictures added so anyone looking to use that product SEES exactly what they will encounter. Sorry; it took a couple days to find them.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=5597316&postcount=6664

dank.Frank

....I remember back when this was being pushed by a certain 'cannabis expert' here. I never deciced to jump on the bandwagon since pumice is IMO a far better choice for gardening.

Beware of so called cannabis experts touting such awesome scientific advice that don't grow cannabis..or have proof they have ever even grown it in a closet for at least a year once.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That made me chuckle.

What's it like sourcing amendments in New Zealand? I lived in Australia for a while back in 2005 in Sydney and have no idea where I would have begun to get the items we have such easy access to here in the pacific nw.

Actually im in Tasmania. Probs easier sourcing stuff in NZ due to our strict quarantine and stupid shipping costs over the Tasman sea. It cost more to ship from Tassie to Melbourne than it does Tassie to China!

But theres good stuff down here available from animal feed places and farm supply places. Some of the hardware stores carry bits and pieces, theres a couple decent landscape places that supply composted cow poo, scoria and the like.

If you can drop decent $ and pay for delivery there is plenty to get a good garden going. :D

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
....I remember back when this was being pushed by a certain 'cannabis expert' here. I never deciced to jump on the bandwagon since pumice is IMO a far better choice for gardening.

Beware of so called cannabis experts touting such awesome scientific advice that don't grow cannabis..or have proof they have ever even grown it in a closet for at least a year once.

Well, I will confess, I very well may have been THE FIRST one to comment on using it, to the best of my knowledge. However, MadL did run crazy with something I was merely poking around with in my spare time to just check it out. It wasn't something I was really trying to "push" and once that particular wheel got rolling - well, like you said...

It is for this very reason I feel some what responsible for it in the first place - and I wanted to make specific mention of my thoughts / experiences with it, now a couple years later.

It's kinda of hard to undo some things - this shouldn't be one of them. Like I said, even companies introduced new soil blends with calcined DE as a selling point...

:tumbleweed:

dank.Frank

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
since Pumice is IMO a far better choice for gardening.
That one's almost a no-brainer - Pumice is cheaper than Perlite, Vermiculite and about the same price as Rice Hulls (organic version anyway).

It doesn't move around in the strata like the others which has to be an important consideration using the no-till recycling methods. It can't breakdown - probably why it's the primary aeration product used by nurserymen.

CC

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
The margins must be ridiculous for hydro shops to carry them. I'd like to get my hands on a pack to run a side by side with the KIS Soil. I have no doubt it would blow it out of the water. What's the advantage to a "top" and "bottom" layer? I've always been a fan of mixing the soil completely. Is that just a stoner thing?
It's part & parcel of the deal about setting up nute spikes - separating 'veg nutes' from 'flowering nutes' and it devolves rather quickly from there.

Veganically speaking of course......

Cann

LMAO coot very fitting you mention this...at the cannabis cup today I was handed a few sample packets of the "Veganic Special Sauce" (this is the actual name...I kid you not) "microbe tea" by Kyle and his henchmen. I was also around when he launched his new website while the crowds of ignorant masses were cheering him on...the smirk on his face was priceless lol. "I am going to make so much $$$ from this..." you could see it in his eyes.

I approached his booth and asked "What is veganics?"...was given a terrible response by some lady who had no idea what she was talking about. Finally started talking to someone who had grown at least one plant before, and he explained that it was a method of growing without using any type of poop or byproduct from an animal. I asked, "what about the poop from earthworms, or the protozoa or nematodes in the soil" - he said that they do not support the use of earthworms or earthworm castings in the soil couldn't help but laugh at that... "so how can you grow veganically outdoors where the soil is full of worms and worm castings?" "We use pots." genius.

On the label it says Kyle Kushman - Master Cultivator. LOL false advertising? and who knew OG stood for Old School Growers...? seems like everything at the cup has to be some part OG or it isn't worthy...even subcool was releasing a new strain "Jesus OG" lol. I asked his wife what the genetic lineage was and she didnt know..had to think for a second and then turned and asked him. Took him literally 30 seconds to respond with a very hesitant answer...don't know if it was the medication, or if this dude really just has no idea what he is selling...hype, hype, hype.

still a great day in general though..lots of medication, some chill folks, and great san berdoo weather. thanks again IBB for the tickets!!!

will return to the cup tomorrow...if y'all have any questions for the great kyle kushman or any of the others who will be there (swerve, subcool, DJ short, etc.) lay them on the table, I will be your messenger tomorrow. If not for entertainment purposes only...

Cann

From ogtea.com (thanks for the link cootz!!!):

FAQ

3. I have some really good compost and worm castings. Do I still need to add OG Tea to my compost tea?

The “old growers” do and the new growers do too.
Adding OG Tea to your brew insures that a good dose of known beneficials are in the mix. It will help make a good tea become a great tea!
With OG Tea you know for sure that you will have lots of microbes and the right kind.
Your crop is too important to take a chance.

LOL

V

vonforne

i jumped, but realized it was shit and ran to catch back up...

and now wishing I could get it out of my recycled soil. lol oh well looks like it is there for the duration...........

In my lacal area I found a couple dusty buckets of Natures Footprint.

M

MrSterling

Is DJ short either short or a dj??

Also share whatever alien stories you hear from BOG; I'm assuming he's there.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
OG - Original Goober

18159173_BG1.JPG

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
Some new resources......

Kyle Kushman's new web site is worth checking out.

For all of of your compost tea needs head over to OG Tea Co. - Old School Growers Microbial Teas

I was alerted to this the other day and asked if I wanted to see....no thanks,I'd rather sit here and finish my lunch w/out puking.

LMAO coot very fitting you mention this...at the cannabis cup today I was handed a few sample packets of the "Veganic Special Sauce" (this is the actual name...I kid you not) "microbe tea" by Kyle and his henchmen. I was also around when he launched his new website while the crowds of ignorant masses were cheering him on...the smirk on his face was priceless lol. "I am going to make so much $$$ from this..." you could see it in his eyes.

I approached his booth and asked "What is veganics?"...was given a terrible response by some lady who had no idea what she was talking about. Finally started talking to someone who had grown at least one plant before, and he explained that it was a method of growing without using any type of poop or byproduct from an animal. I asked, "what about the poop from earthworms, or the protozoa or nematodes in the soil" - he said that they do not support the use of earthworms or earthworm castings in the soil couldn't help but laugh at that... "so how can you grow veganically outdoors where the soil is full of worms and worm castings?" "We use pots." genius.

On the label it says Kyle Kushman - Master Cultivator. LOL false advertising? and who knew OG stood for Old School Growers...? seems like everything at the cup has to be some part OG or it isn't worthy...even subcool was releasing a new strain "Jesus OG" lol. I asked his wife what the genetic lineage was and she didnt know..had to think for a second and then turned and asked him. Took him literally 30 seconds to respond with a very hesitant answer...don't know if it was the medication, or if this dude really just has no idea what he is selling...hype, hype, hype.

still a great day in general though..lots of medication, some chill folks, and great san berdoo weather. thanks again IBB for the tickets!!!

will return to the cup tomorrow...if y'all have any questions for the great kyle kushman or any of the others who will be there (swerve, subcool, DJ short, etc.) lay them on the table, I will be your messenger tomorrow. If not for entertainment purposes only...

From ogtea.com (thanks for the link cootz!!!):

FAQ

3. I have some really good compost and worm castings. Do I still need to add OG Tea to my compost tea?

The “old growers” do and the new growers do too.
Adding OG Tea to your brew insures that a good dose of known beneficials are in the mix. It will help make a good tea become a great tea!
With OG Tea you know for sure that you will have lots of microbes and the right kind.
Your crop is too important to take a chance.

LOL

Now you see first hand the actual dumb shits that make the cannabis world the wilderness of misinformation it is. Theses guys are not aware of the soil food web,if they are they are just working the scam they've hatched up.... in the joint these guys would be douchebags,they would be forced to eat with the child molesters...

Is Subpar as douchey looking as Kyle?
Subcool looks like he drives a Trans Am w/an 8-track in Tacoma....circa 1978...
Is DJ short either short or a dj??

Also share whatever alien stories you hear from BOG; I'm assuming he's there.
He he...almost sounds like a ealry 90's Rave party...

V

vonforne

Subcool looks like he drives a Trans Am w/an 8-track in Tacoma....circa 1978...

lmao looks a little like David Hasslehof huh?

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Cann

That's how I would spend my weekend if I still lived down there - drive out to San Bernardino to look at bongs, vapes and 'hash' <snerk>

You go girls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts