What's new

Living organic soil from start through recycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BlueJayWay

You know it Cootz, LOL - I have more I need to set up, and some to dedicate to worms - snow and other daily stuff slow down progess though!

** Thanks Gas - that's what I was thinkin' - if spaces open up sooner I'll throw the VRNLH in first for a headstart, two weeks tops though and they're all goin in, finally...

This is a smaller 18gal no-till finishing up it's 3rd rotation - good stufff, this no-till business that is!
picture.php

S

schwagg

cant wait to see those BO x CB's BJW!!!

edit: i think i'm around six weeks with mine. i'll have to check and snap some pics. fast growing girls for sure, they got legs!

B

BlueJayWay

I figured dude! she's thick LOL, it's comin' quick for me and I know I will have trouble containing them with more veg time than I anticipated....

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
VR x NLH can be a devastating cross when the stars align.

Others that crossed these two eventually did whatever it is that you do and came up with some spectacular gardens 20 years ago. Just f*cking stunning - extremely powerful stuff.

CC

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
Seems when I ran the VRNLH they didn't show flowers for at least two weeks...and just kept growing flower well over 95 days...head stash sativa. Dyno~mite stuff!

B

BlueJayWay

VR x NLH can be a devastating cross when the stars align.

Others that crossed these two eventually did whatever it is that you do and came up with some spectacular gardens 20 years ago. Just f*cking stunning - extremely powerful stuff.

CC

I have my eyes on one girl in particular - but I see two distinctly different growth patterns, and two smells, if they may be telling of anything.

One has a hazy smell (lack of sweetness) on the stem rub while the rest are very very sweet & sour

Two want to grow big and tall - the rest short and squat, all have excellent branching.

Gascanastan

Veteran
The 'Gods' picked the parents for the 2011 repopulation of VR x NLH...got about 2000 beans.....beauties the both of them.

Gascanastan

Veteran
That cross should be a very good one to investigate and work. It won't happen overnight but it would be worth one's time, IMHO

I agree 100%...this polyhybrid sativa dominant type is a monster....serious potential exists if a feller were to try to work the line for a minute. Won't take too much time and energy compared to the junk most people play with.

B

BlueJayWay

BJW

Have you used a sprouted alfalfa tea yet?

I have been! When I'm not plowing through the big bag of barely seed I have been doing a mix of smaller seeds together: Alfalfa, Clover & Fenugreek - they got this earlier this week, tomorrow will be barley.

I will do Barley straight to harvest, but keep sprouted alfalfa teas to veg & early flowering, the best I can anyways...

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
BJW

Keep the fenugreek in mind if & when powdery mildew becomes an issue. Using fenugreek tea as your water when mixing a neem oil spray is a very powerful fungicide and it feeds the plant as well.

Hard to beat that combination......

B

BlueJayWay

Sweet - I wonder how fenugreek will do growing in the indoor garden environment? I'll be finding out soon anyways...

B

BlueJayWay

Thanks - I forget it's a legume! Love the smell of the sprouted seeds, but it tastes like a bean sprout!

Gascanastan

Veteran
"I will do barley straight through harvest".....

Me too brotha~

....and so goes the up and coming organic lingo taking it's first spin around the block.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
That's a really good idea, i.e. having a live fenugreek plant(s) in your room for preventing a PM attack. Same with having a potted Rosemary plant......

ColorGRo

I have Rosemarry in my room. Read about a few pests not liking it. Also have fresh aloe and man the first time I sprayed with it was amazing by the nwxt day. Soil is composting right now, can't wait to use it.

B

BlueJayWay

"I will do barley straight through harvest".....

That sounds funny now that I'm reading it back haha

Cootz - I'm trying to do that with all these extra buckets of soil - keep beneficial plants alive and close by, ready to use, and prunings used as mulch / worm food is a bonus.

You could theoretically close the loop with a full indoor garden of the plants we tend to use + worms i.e. vermicompost

Stinging nettle does excellent with being several feet away from the hps,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts