What's new

Living organic soil from start through recycling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
CT Guy

PM & Mold & Other Names - as it's used on gardening boards, PM is definitely an empty vessel that a lot of 'things' are tossed into. It's a very complicated issue given the hundreds and hundreds of pathogenic fungi that are found around the world.

Oregon & Washington (west of the Cascades) has had a horticulture industry going back over 120 years with plants coming in from all over the world. That's what nurserymen do - find unique plants and grow them for sale. Customers want new plants for their yards, landscape projects or whatever. A lot of problems were a result of this. Not making a judgement but there is that 'unintended consequences' deal to consider.

I pretty much gave up on growing melons, squash, etc. - it's challenging even in the good years.

CC

al-k-mist

^^LMFAO.
We had like 4 sweetmeat squash and zero melons of any kind fruit. Not even CLOSE to the work put in.
Like CC said, I am givin up on those(and others for sure)
Gardening west of the cascades by ...im stoned..uh...whoever...has suggestions, on strains of plants(all from terratorial, his company...) that we followed. Some did well, some did not.
Oh, steve solomon wrote it

Oh and wild fermentation, by sandor katz, mentions(and socal kids did a study, and it worked for them twice) Kombucha kills PM...or eats it or whatever. I think vinegar(5% acetic acid) is around 2.5 pH, somewhere round there, so kombucha may bee close

J

jerry111165

While we do get bad bouts of mold here in Maine on outdoor crops, from what I read around the forums, I take it we're pretty lucky not to have to deal with PM as well.

I've never seen an instance of PM 'round these here parts.

J

M

MrSterling

Are any of you fine gents using insect frass? If so, I wonder what your opinions are of it?

Bud, I was using frass from my mealworm bins as an addition to my soil. It supposedly contains chitin and some pesticidal properties. CC has opined that he feels it belongs in the compost instead of soil and I believe his suggestion was that you are introducing "bad" microbes to the soil. I saw no negative reaction to the addition of a few tablespoons to a few gallons of mix, and I do believe it dealt with my fungus gnat problem when I top-dressed the soil with it. It does not smell great however.

B

BlueJayWay

I was given a freebie bag of frass @ the 'dro store and it went in the soil mix, since i had it -

- What else does ROLS grow? Oh I'm glad you asked :D

How 'bout some:
picture.php

and a little:
picture.php

My non-cannabis grow-along's get either Experimental type waterings, or whatever's leftover.

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
I love morning glory....a nice variety of colors and sizes. Great for fences that make good neighboors...somewhat invasive on an annual type of basis....and can really vine out extensively...I dig the stuff.

B

BlueJayWay

Morning Glory's have always been a mainstay in my gardens, love 'em

this fine (peyote purple) lady says Thank You to all the big Living Soil Nutz here

picture.php

Last edited:

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
Sour Bub?...radiating health she is~

Gotta love living soil....

Blue Orca x NL#5/Haze..fresh transplant..no-till ROLS

picture.php

rrog

Veteran
Oh, MM. I am so sorry. That is just awful. He had an extraordinary name. I'm sure quite befitting

S

schwagg

here's to hoping there's a giant chewy, lots of treats, and fresh water over on the other side MM. sorry to hear that about such good friends they can be to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts