What's new

Living organic soil from start through recycling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Seriously though whats with the difference pretty stark contrast???....I mean pages of scientific studies and references for Euros and a corny story for Americans. Must be different marketing teams?
Gardens Keeper

If you were to hit AN's web site and you were sitting in Oregon you would be re-directed immediately to a special page for Oregon residents. That came about over a very public fight Fat Boy Mike decided to wage against the director of the Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA). Not the agency - but the director himself.

Which explains the fact that of all the products on the ODA's Fertilizer Stop Sale List, AN products are about 1/3 of all products listed. When you hit the special Oregon page at AN you'll find about 5 products allowed for sale here.

Botanicare/American Agritech/Sun Light Mfg. is running a close 2nd.

Not the brightest people in this business......

CC

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
I remember when Botanicare made it's appearance on the scene....I thought..."Wow...this stuff looks good'...I think I may have bought up to 10 gallons of that junk... completely oblivious to the facts.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Gascanastan

Botanicare - a 'house brand' from NGW/Sun Light Mfg. which is the how & why the cannabis boards were filled with testimonies about how wonderful their version of gunk is when it was released. That's all it takes to market crap - sock-puppets and if you can get one of the authors of how to grow dope to include a photo in their 'new & updated' version, then this will really push sales. This is called 'placement' and you find this in television and movies - there's a reason that the actors are drinking Pepsi vs. Coke, driving a Toyota vs. Nissan or any other consumer product. Big money is paid for this type of advertising.

Sun Leaves is another brand name from these jamokes.

"I need a hankie"

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Here's where I need help......

AgSil 16H:

Soluble Potash (K2O) - 32%
Silicon (SiO2) - 52.8%

.7 grams in one gallon of water yeilds 98ppm SiO2 or 46ppm Si, and 49ppm K from their web site

Dyna Gro Pro-TeKt

Soluble Potash (K2O) - 3.7%
Silicon (SiO2) - 7.8%

So how do I make Pro-TeKt with the powder? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

CC

AgSil 16H:

Silicon (SiO2) - 52.8%

Dyna Gro Pro-TeKt

Silicon (SiO2) - 7.8%

So how do I make Pro-TeKt with the powder? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

CC

The concentration ratios dont scale evenly, so you'll have to run with more K than you'd get in ProTekt, but you should be able to get your SiO2 pretty close diluting it 1:7 with h2O if I didn't butcher the math (big If).

EDIT: checked the math - how I think it works (sorry - I studied anthropology and writing after high school, so my apologies to math heads I this is wrong)

Undiluted SiO2=52.8/1 expressed as a fraction, so dilute at a 7:1 ratio brings you to 52.8/7=7.54%

Undiluted K2O= 32/1, at 7:1 ratio it's 32/7=4.57%

Neo 420

Veteran

AgSil 16H:

Silicon (SiO2) - 52.8%

.7 grams in one gallon of water yeilds 98ppm SiO2 or 46ppm Si, and 49ppm K from their web site

Dyna Gro Pro-TeKt

Silicon (SiO2) - 7.8%

CC

Lots of water?

Gascanastan

Veteran
Interesting - and are we talking strictly structural appearance or a change to the effect of the high - since the flowering period would vary i would assume the high would change as well.....

Well I've had plants that have every single hair red with zero new flower growth and leaves turning yellow at 65 days...and I've taken them to 80 before they did the same thing....the longer they go the more otherworldly they get.

Just an observation....I suspect the Thai coming into play there..I dunno.

Y

YosemiteSam

Gascanastan

See if this makes sense and it's not my intention to slam Pro-TeKt. It's a great product and every gardener should use soluble Silica and this is the best priced therefore best value over the competition.

But let's take a mineral compound you're familiar with - K-MAG. With enough agitation and time it is completely soluble giving you elemental Magnesium, Sulfur and Potassium. Would you buy a jug if it were available in liquid form? Of course not - you're not going to pay for water.

Let's look at the water used in liquid mineral compounds - where is it being packed? This isn't food or medicine so what purity has been established in their manufacturing processes?

More likely than not once a company establishes a market for their XXX/10-5000 Juice, they take the manufacturing to China where it will be shipped to a packer in the USA and it will be in barrels. So let's say for sake of discussion that the factory in China is perfect and top-notch unlike their baby formula, pet food, etc. Let's say that they got mixing this product down perfectly.

So it arrives at We Bee Packers somewhere near one of the West Coast ports - you're not going to pay to have it shipped to Chicago to dilute it and stick it in a plastic bottle unless you're running on some major stacks of 'funny money'

How much confidence do you have with the fertilizer industry (not grow stores - the industry in general) in getting the amount right in each and every pack?

Using a soluble mineral compound gives you complete control on the quality insuring that it will perform as intended. It's also cheaper if that's helpful......

This same analogy works for Epsom Salts. No one would buy Liquid Epsom Salts without some serious marketing and advertising to promote it. I would hope anyway.

CC

You would think that is true but it just isn't. My salt grows are done completely that way...dry materials mixed straight into the res. It works like a charm and any problem is of my own making.

I use 5 or 6 different salts depending on the mood I am in.

I give the formulas to anyone that wants them...show them pics of the plants. Try to answer every question that gets asked as politely as I can muster (admittedly sometimes I should not answer past the 3rd beer).

How many people actually make the change...a handful at best.

I so suck at marketing. You would think people would trust themselves more than they do the Big Mike crew...but they don't

Y

YosemiteSam

AgSil 16H:

Silicon (SiO2) - 52.8%

Dyna Gro Pro-TeKt

Silicon (SiO2) - 7.8%

CC

Do you know the weight of a bottle of Pro Tekt...or the weight of 100 ml of Pro Tekt liquid.

It gets confusing somewhat cause some of these guys use w/w (weight divided by weight) to figure % and others use w/v (weight divided by volume).

The bigger question is do exact amounts really matter to you? I would say don't go beyond 0.7 grams per gallon...but play with a little less until you are happy.

Gascanastan

Veteran
Kali Mist...@ 80 days...enough already...clearly not quite done...timber time~. I'm over it...looks pretty decent. Still smoking on some I took at 65 that is pretty heavy..as far as just floating around in space for hours. Pretty decent sativa trip in general. Kind of fatiguing on the mind...but kinder for being able to move around and function than any standard Indica.

picture.php

Gascanastan

Veteran
Thank you for the reality check - much appreciated.

CC
Excuse my retardedness....but what would be some of the adverse reactions to applying too much?
I'm guessing distorted growth and tip burning progressing on a daily basis...just some observations from my experimental overdoses with protekt.

Gascanastan

Veteran
POT

This will make you eat baby kittens.

This type is known as 'Cheesequake'..clearly a slang term to describe the inebriating effects of the grass.

LOL...see that big chunk of botrytis in the bottom of the pic..TGA seeds..yeah~
picture.php

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.pqcorp.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=YrDNgSnDcGI=&tabid=140&mid=572

http://www.pqcorp.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=QVkmZ267vig=&tabid=139&mid=574

Is the potassium silicate from PQ approved for or considered alright for natural growing besides as an insect prophylactic?

AgSil® potassium silicates serve as fertilizers for use in turf and crop applications as a source of soluble potassium and silicon. Sil-MATRIX® potassium silicate is an EPA-registered and OMRI Organic certified biochemical pesticide for preventative control of powdery mildew and control of mites and aphids on high-value crops such as wine grapes, strawberries, blueberries, and others.
http://www.pqcorp.com/pc/NorthAmeri...licates/tabid/140/language/en-US/Default.aspx

POT

This will make you eat baby kittens.

This type is known as 'Cheesequake'..clearly a slang term to describe the inebriating effects of the grass.

LOL...see that big chunk of botrytis in the bottom of the pic..TGA seeds..yeah~
View Image

Had a fire station back in NJ called the Cheesequake Fire House - they used to let us rent it out for punk rock shows - apparently it's a Native American tribe - pronounced 'chess-a-quahk' - I still say 'cheeze kwake'. Anyway, that shit looks dank.

CC - updated my crude math above

Y

YosemiteSam

Excuse my retardedness....but what would be some of the adverse reactions to applying too much?
I'm guessing distorted growth and tip burning progressing on a daily basis...just some observations from my experimental overdoses with protekt.

It is one of the few things that does not get held by either your cec or your living critters. So unless you water with lots of runoff it can accumulate to the point it interferes with other things or just flat raises the EC of your soil to the point roots get burnt.

Ideally you would like to never add more than the plant can take in...or a little less to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.