What's new

List your favorite all-purpose organic fertilizer

Meds215

That makes me wanna incorporate it indoors then if they're vets!

Thanks for sharing man :tiphat:

Keep in mind with these time release amendments 2 week or more flush may be necessary. Obviously it's not going to double your yield tripple your growth or whatever but it takes the guesswork out of mixing your own amendments so it seems great for outdoors and maybe for veg indoors

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
not 100% organic, but i use fox farms american pride time release dry ferts outside in my holes... 2 applications lasts me all season just about

budsicles

I just did a side by side experiment to narrow down nutrients.
The test was on 5 clones that had all been established as mothers.

Each got one of the following, 1 TBS topdressed... except the neptunes harvest which was 1 TBS in a gal of water, then watered in over a few days.

Espoma plant-tone
Happy Frog tomato and vegetable
Mexican bat guano
Peruvian seabird guano
Neptunes Harvest fish and kelp

Surprisingly, the bat and seabird guano did waaaay better than the rest. The bat guano did best, but this may be because I didn't powder up the seabird pellets. After looking at a heavy metals analysis, I see that the mexican bat guano contains higher levels of mercury and arsenic. So I have chosen to stick with the peruvian seabird guano as an all purpose nutrient, along with blackstrap molasses for potassium.

I was really surprised to see the espoma and happy frog perform so poorly in comparison. They were both growing beneficial fungal colonies on the soil surface within days...but the plants spoke...and they chose guanos.

Hope this info helps, sorry no pics.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Dr. Earth Flower Girl. I love the stuff. Can be mixed in with the soil. Can be used as a top dressing. Can be made into a tea (which I love to do).

Scrappy-doo

I'll 2nd the Dr. Earth Flower Girl. First time using it outside but the plants are loving it. Also included Chickity doodoo, castings, and compost, with one treatment of dr earth liquid ferts.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
i'll third the Dr.earth flower girl! i really like his products so far. im gonna buy his potting soil next year instead of happy frog.

sacramental

Cool thread.

I always wanted to try willow water after I saw an article regarding the uses of the weeping willow tree. Which naturally contain Indolebutyric acid and Salicylic acid. Salicylic acid, a chemical similar to aspirin. Both are said to be plant hormones that stimulate root growth. It is also said to fight Infections from bacteria and fungi. Would be hard to grow a willow tree here in the valley as I hear they like moist soil and climates.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Cool thread.

I always wanted to try willow water after I saw an article regarding the uses of the weeping willow tree. Which naturally contain Indolebutyric acid and Salicylic acid. Salicylic acid, a chemical similar to aspirin. Both are said to be plant hormones that stimulate root growth. It is also said to fight Infections from bacteria and fungi. Would be hard to grow a willow tree here in the valley as I hear they like moist soil and climates.

i use aloe vera which also has the Salicylic acid in it. SA induces SAR on the ladies and help them fight fungi and pathogens. i like to use Aloe and insect frass for increased SAR protection,using SA and chitosan.

sacramental

Kygiacomo!!! Lol me too. Bought one of these bad boys after watching an episode of the mendo dope bros with a grower by the name of minnesota nice. He uses the guts as a rooting gel. Along with popcorn seeds and alfalfa seeds that he sprouts in a mason jar then adds to his water.

Attachments

• 1442629504706.jpg
    1442629504706.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 17

Scrappy-doo

Kygiacomo, you might want to sample that Dr. Earth soil before using it for your entire grow. I picked up a bag and potted up some of my outdoor girls before they went in the ground. I found it to have real poor drainage and it has a wetting agent in it to retain moisture. There's lots of good stuff in there but I would be real hesitant to use it without at least adding perlite. I ended up mixing it with promix and ffof after seeing how waterlogged it stays. Also there's very little actual food in it. My girls were hungry pretty quickly which is why I added ffof. I'd probably use it as part of a mix because there's a lot in it that I like but not as a standalone.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Kygiacomo, you might want to sample that Dr. Earth soil before using it for your entire grow. I picked up a bag and potted up some of my outdoor girls before they went in the ground. I found it to have real poor drainage and it has a wetting agent in it to retain moisture. There's lots of good stuff in there but I would be real hesitant to use it without at least adding perlite. I ended up mixing it with promix and ffof after seeing how waterlogged it stays. Also there's very little actual food in it. My girls were hungry pretty quickly which is why I added ffof. I'd probably use it as part of a mix because there's a lot in it that I like but not as a standalone.

hmm thats interesting:dunno: i may have to stay with happy frog and ocean forest it sounds like. thanks for the heads up:smoke out:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Kygiacomo!!! Lol me too. Bought one of these bad boys after watching an episode of the mendo dope bros with a grower by the name of minnesota nice. He uses the guts as a rooting gel. Along with popcorn seeds and alfalfa seeds that he sprouts in a mason jar then adds to his water.

nice bro i should think about getting me a plant. i just been buying the 200x powder.

Scrappy-doo

Yeah I love the fact it has aloe, yucca, rock dust, all the bennies, fungi and other goodies in there. And the price is right at $10 a bag along with the convenience of being avaiable at home depot. Worth including in a mix imo.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
fav. all purpose fertilizer has GOT to be EWC, worm gold plus is my brand.... teas,compost,nutes,beenies, its got it all :)

its all about a mixture imo things compliment each other, like seaweed and humic acid, used together there WAYYYY more effective then used alone, and fish hydrosylate should get an Honorable mention

other than that, if ihad to pick ONE LIQUID ORGANIC ALL PURPOSE NUTE it would be DTE's All purpose Liquid its 4-1-3, which is the ratio i look for in an all purpose fertilizer...

my .02