What's new

Links to Scrog Grows

senseless

hOG is a cool name, i wanted to do one this grow.

where did you get that screen from and whats it called? how big are the square holes? on my last scrog i used 3" holes and they were way to big but worked.

when i flowered my og kush they stopped stretching at around 17 days. and i think its mostly indica. how long do you think yours will stretch?

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
The screen is just a standard grade screen picked up from a hardware store, I dont know what its called, it has quite small squares, which I think is a good idea for a tight canopy. the squares are about 3 cm wide I think. So this is much smaller that your screen with the 3" squares.

I dont know how long they will stretch for, hopefully not too much longer because I dont have much overhead space.

I started a thread here in the growers forums do document this grow. Everyone is welcome to visit of course for updates and discussion.
The thread is titled - 400w HOG (Halfpipe Of Green) -

Underground Man

:wave: hi ezra, thats awesome, Here is my 250watt undervegged scrog. grow thread is in my sig if you want to look, really there are only pics right before and after harvest

I have just been calling it dished scrog. If we really want to confuse people we can
call it horizontal v-scrog lol.

If your screen is a half-circle you get about 57% more screen area than when flat :D

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Very nice man, very nice indeed. I love the custom hood, might have to try something like that myself. Spreading Seed posted his nearly finished hood in my HOG thread, and it looks like an exact copy of this design. Do you know where this idea came from originally, or is it your own design?

Whae are you doing a second run with this system?

Underground Man

oh wow that's cool i missed Spreadin's hood

I came up with mine on my own but it is such an obviously good design, like a halfpipe scrog is ;D. Glass panes and aluminum flashing is cheap. Mine is one piece of flashing cut and bent attached to a board. You can see how the panes are supported in the picture. The tape hides it, but the edge of the flashing is bent just like SS's hood but the edge is on the inside of the glass.

foil tape works ok to seal the cracks but there has to be a better solution

I don't know when I will be able to do another indoor run but i am doing outdoor this summer :D

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Hey Underground man - whats up?

Here is a pic of Seed's nearly finished hood.

He modified your design a little. I think its bigger, and he has gone with a different ventilation setup i.e. - longitudinal airflow, and some other structural changes.

I am definately going to build one now. I was thinking about it and then I accidentally stumbled accross 2 peices of glass which would be perfect for it. :woohoo: what an omen. I have thought of some minor changes to the design to make it even more efficient. I hope to do a thread on its construction. My main problem is how to bend the sheeting? Also do you have any blueprints or plans for the construction?

G

Those are just great. I love a good scrog. I use aquafarms and I've been thinking about making them modular but HOG style, would use my floorspace completely. Propably for the next op I'm going to run 3 aquafarms and a bubbler of some sort. Don't know yet. Will I try natural growth but vertical lighting or what. Abt. 1wk to C99 harvest, trichs are quite milky. Smell is strawberry/fresh sweet fruit'ish.

underground man thanx for these links, its funny how everything makes me constantly tweek my grow. I'm sort of scrogging with out the screen i double top my plants to force them to be bushy. I've got one now thats a short compact little bush with about 10 tops spread around on top. K plus on sort en it all out.

pico

Veteran
4000 watt scrog

4000 watt scrog

Does this count?
12245IMG_0781.JPG

12245IMG_0765.JPG

12245IMG_0769.JPG

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=50346&page=1

beaner

Underground Man said:
:wave: hi ezra, thats awesome, Here is my 250watt undervegged scrog. grow thread is in my sig if you want to look, really there are only pics right before and after harvest

I have just been calling it dished scrog. If we really want to confuse people we can
call it horizontal v-scrog lol.

If your screen is a half-circle you get about 57% more screen area than when flat :D

I love that design, I am going to take another look at my cab and see if there is a way I can make it work, I dont have that much vert space.

Thanks much to the OP for the links!