What's new

Limiting the number of dispensaries

D

dongle69

The great thing about prop 215 is that one illness is no more valid than another.
A chronic illness like asthma is the same as a pain in the ass.:moon:

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I have a chronic illness.

Only a tard would think that a chronic illness isn't serious compared to a one time temporary minor condition like a hangnail.

At least you are willing to call yourself a Tard--
A Hangnail can cause pain...are you with me here?
Who are you, to say your pain is greater than their pain??
If it helps you in any way...it is Medical!!
Fucking Tard!!:nanana:

B

Blue Dot

At least you are willing to call yourself a Tard--
A Hangnail can cause pain...are you with me here?
Who are you, to say your pain is greater than their pain??
If it helps you in any way...it is Medical!!
Fucking Tard!!:nanana:

Actually I get extremely painful ingrown toenails once every few years and I'm not discounting the pain they cause but they only last for a week or so until I cut them out.

I certainly wouldn't ask a doc for a 6 month or year rec for something that only lasts a week and i wouldn't expect a legit doc to give me that rec either.

are you with me here?

Whereas my chronic migraines come and go frequently throughout the year, each and every year until I die.

So both may cause pain but to get a year rec for the ingrown toenail would be ABUSE of 215.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Actually I get extremely painful ingrown toenails once every few years and I'm not discounting the pain they cause but they only last for a week or so until I cut them out.

I certainly wouldn't ask a doc for a 6 month or year rec for something that only lasts a week and i wouldn't expect a legit doc to give me that rec either.

are you with me here?

Whereas my chronic migraines come and go frequently throughout the year, each and every year until I die.

So both may cause pain but to get a year rec for the ingrown toenail would be ABUSE of 215.

Agreed-- But....you are the one who mentioned the hangnail...as I doubt any Dr has ever given a Rec for that--
What about other chronic pain?? Anxiety, insomnia, appetite stimulation??
ADD, menstrual cramps, arthritis.....there is a very long list of things that cannabis MAY help with--
My point, is that you are saying that about half the ppl with Recs, should not have them, and I am showing you that just because they don't have AIDS or Cancer, does not mean they are abusing the system...nor does it mean that there are too many Dispensaries!!
All use can be seen as Medical-- Even if my back wasn't fucked up, I could still legitimately claim medical use since it helps me manage stress, makes me happy, which is a major contributor towards "quality of life"--
You cannot look at ppl walking into a Dispensary and decide by their looks whether or not they are abusing the system--
Besides that...you try also to use the population of a city like LA to come up with a reason for limiting Dispensaries....but the fact is, that most of the surrounding areas have moratoriums in effect, so you have half the State going up to LA to get their medicine!!

Shred42O

sounds like blue dot went to medicann they seem to fill peoples heads with lies because they only really give out a year rec to people with medical proof of a illness that's some what serious and they even have a 3 or 6 month rec for the same price called "the typical stoner" aka a person with no medical past or something not substantial and this is just another shitty business making money

but no matter how hard you try and persuade us that you need it more then the majority your wrong

johnnyla

Veteran
215 is for "seriously ill californians".

A hang nail isn't serious even though cannabis may give you relief from it.

the way the law is written you can subsitute cannabis for any OTC or Prescription Meds with Physician approval.

ignore BlueDots stupidity

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
Lots of people make an issue out of the 'absurdity' of using cannabis for mere 'headaches'.

You can die from a hangnail. Gangrene, amputation, think diabetes.

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
First, we all know Prop 215 is vague as hell. It is one of the worst written MMJ propositions passed in the states that have.

Second, Prop 215 contradicts itself in the section of this discussion.

If the section read this way:

To ensure that [omitted] Californians have the right to obtain and use marijuana for medical purposes where that medical use is deemed appropriate and has been recommended by a physician who has determined that the person's health would benefit from the use of marijuana in the treatment of cancer, anorexia, AIDS, chronic pain, spasticity, glaucoma, arthritis, migraine, or any other illness for which marijuana provides relief.

Then all the far out exaggerated arguments I have read would fit the bill if it read ^^^ that way.

But, the section reads as written:

To ensure that seriously ill Californians have the right to obtain and use marijuana for medical purposes where that medical use is deemed appropriate and has been recommended by a physician who has determined that the person's health would benefit from the use of marijuana in the treatment of cancer, anorexia, AIDS, chronic pain, spasticity, glaucoma, arthritis, migraine, or any other illness for which marijuana provides relief.

A hangnail is not a serious illness. I don't care how far you guys want to exaggerate it to prove your point. But, what saves your ass is that the section contradicts itself in the same sentence "or any other illness for which marijuana provides relief." Think for one moment, "seriously ill" was written into the section for a reason. Would anyone like to speculate on what that reason might have been or are we just going to hear more bulllshit exaggerated justifications to oppose and defend one's position?

BD and the rest of you are both correct on this issue because of the props vagueness.

Good reading comprehension goes a long way!

richyrich

Veteran
Lots of people make an issue out of the 'absurdity' of using cannabis for mere 'headaches'.

You can die from a hangnail. Gangrene, amputation, think diabetes.

Then the rec wold be written for diabetes, not a hangnail. Exaggeration, yes/no?

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
The fan of Scott Imler objects to exaggeration. Go figure.

I do agree that saying that people are getting recs for conditions like hangnails is an exaggeration.

D

dongle69

Serious illness definition:
A patient is seriously ill when his or her illness is of such severity that there is cause for immediate concern but there is no imminent danger to life.

T

texsativa

Would anyone like to speculate on what that reason might have been or are we just going to hear more bulllshit exaggerated justifications to oppose and defend one's position?[/COLOR]

BD and the rest of you are both correct on this issue because of the props vagueness.

Good reading comprehension goes a long way!

I speculate that because marijuana has been demonized for grounds which can also be speculated, that the prop 215 was written vaguely so that marijuana can come into the public spotlight as something that is not all that bad, and can be good for a wide variety of conditions.

OR ANY OTHER CONDITION...that marijuana may provide relief.

richyrich

Veteran
Serious illness definition:
A patient is seriously ill when his or her illness is of such severity that there is cause for immediate concern but there is no imminent danger to life.

Okay, definition noted. Now let's speculate on the vagueness of the definition. What constitutes severe enough for immediate concern?

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
I do agree that saying that people are getting recs for conditions like hangnails is an exaggeration.

Well you can blame the former Attorney General Dan Lungren for proudly announcing that fact to Californians as a reason to vote against prop 215. I bet that simple statement by him convinced people to vote for 215.

:thanks:

T

texsativa

Okay, definition noted. Now let's speculate on the vagueness of the definition. What constitutes severe enough for immediate concern?

It's a good question. What is serious to one may not be serious to another. I see a difference between someone with chronic osteoarthritis in the knee and someone with metastatic breast cancer. Is the osteoarthritis serious enough to seek out treatment? Sure...but it's not really a life or death situation...

richyrich

Veteran
The fan of Scott Imler objects to exaggeration. Go figure.

Ahh, more ad hominens, so sad to have to resort to that! You admit to your own exaggeration to prove a point. I actually commend you for that. Maybe, you should be the one to "go figure." But, you want to make an ad hominen out of "I'm a fan of Scott Imler." If you read my posts very carefully, I state that my views are nearly the same. What the man has done is not relevant to me. I share his current views. Get it? That does not make me a fan. That is just your ad hominen association, lame.

Since you want to bring that up, I'm bringing along something you have not made your way back to from another thread. Care to oppose and answer this time?

I guess to me it's DGs opinion that matters.

But whatever, if you think it helps the movement to denigrate people that have move it along and defended it, while others stand around complaining about what people do, by all means, continue. However, Imler's position is just an act of idiocy IMO, and all I see is someone else driving a wedge between us. But then potheads do love to squabble amongst themselves, no fucking doubt.

We will never truly know. It is one mans word against the other. All I know is that DG (NORML) is all about legalization. No doubt in my mind that there is a bias there and personal agenda. I am all for legalization, but this is MMJ related, so DG has a conflict of interest position. With the things Imler has said that I have quoted, it's reasonable to believe they would piss on each other.

[EDIT] Bruce Margolin, the lawyer and director of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML), which seeks to legalize pot, held a “letter-writing” party at his West Hollywood office to put pressure on the Los Angeles City Council, demanding that it allow over-the-counter sales.

I will denigrate people who have moved things along to their own personal agenda that is for sure.

Oh well, I can't really take you seriously if you have that opinion of DG.

Denigrate all you like. It just makes you an asshole. Believe Scott Imler's bullshit all you like, that makes you an idiot.

I believe it sounds like a quibble for credit. My views match Imler's current views on MMJ. If he flip flopped or whatever, I don't care. Some people realize they are wrong and change their view and ways. I don't know if I am completely right! But, I am entitled to my personal opinion on an issue like this.

On a serious note, why do you always feel the need to call names, now I'm an "idiot?" Does it really bother you that much when someone does not agree with your points and opinions? I could care less what I'm called from behind a computer screen. I find it rather laughable. I assume it gives you some instant emotional pleasure for a quick moment, so continue if you'd like.:canabis:

D

dongle69

Anything that the patient/doctor deems severe enough.
It doesn't matter what judgment is placed by a 3rd party onlooker.
Are you against prop 215?

pugnacious

I dont get the logic of some people. Why should I be exposed myself to serious side effects from "big pharma", which could and usually does lead to more severe health problems. When I can take a moderate to little amount of marijuana and have even better results.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
Well, one has got to be making an argument before you can have an ad hominem. I was making a comment, not an argument.

I also never admitted exaggerating to make a point. Isn't there a name for it when one posts a supposed fact like that as if it actually is a fact, and then tries to base future conversation on said assumed fact?

Frankly old man I've quit arguing with you. I could continue to do so, and I'm sure we could fill page after page, but to what end? It's very annoying to me when two posters lock horns and do that, and so I'm not interested in participating. I've said my piece on the other matter you've brought up as well.