What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LimeWire Shut Down by Court Order

MyGreenToe

Private trackers FTW. I have several general private trackers I keep at, and several niche ones. Don't rely too heavily on one source of data, lest it disappear and leave you flailing. Trackers and P2P networks don't last forever, so best to have options ahead of time...

C

cyberwax

Why shut down LimeWire?

It's a bit like the war on drugs. You'll never win.

Well, thats not the only part thats like the war, the fact that you dont pay shit for your movies will eventually take its toll on the quality your getting. I download, but if the movies were like a dollar a piece i would pay, i dont get that, why not make it so cheap that people will actually pay, im sure it will ammount to more than they are getting in now. Greed ruins everything..

cannadelic

this doesn't just kinda reek.
COICA and all the other bullsh*t laws are the glue that holds their world together.
When I purchase some music or a movie on disc or other media, I OWN it. If I choooe to share it with others that is my perogative. F' those who claim it belongs to them eternally, its in my abode, under my control. ESAD(eat sh*t and die)!!! The US government is protecting corporate interests instead of constituent interests.

so under this premise they would produce movies and music and wait hoping for 5 or 6 customers like you who might walk into a store, buy it and then share it with the world?

correct me if the above is wrong, did I misunderstand you somehow?

kuk

the american government is protecting its industries so its companies dont complain if it goes to war again

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
DAMN they stopped Limewire!! Where else can you download free music?

DAMN they stopped Limewire!! Where else can you download free music?

Okay where can you download free music besides Limewire now that they are gone DAMN .SHIT . SHIT, SHIT, SHIT.lol Atleast I got tons of music...lol..peace out Headband707:dance013:

E

elmanito

Limewire was already history to me.You can find almost every song on Youtube.You download it with Realplayer and convert it with another program to mp3.

Download movies is not so interesting, because i can get them for €7 in the shop fully legal.lol

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
usenet is both vast & fast if you dont mind paying for decent access, my provider has 800 days retention now, which seems insane.

private torrent sites are pretty good if you don't mind uploading lots.

Quite a few people are using web based stuff like filestube that searches megaupload, rapidshare, etc for files, seems to have gained popularity but is kind of a pain in the ass to use, good for getting around isp's that traffic shape though.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Okay where can you download free music besides Limewire now that they are gone DAMN .SHIT . SHIT, SHIT, SHIT.lol Atleast I got tons of music...lol..peace out Headband707:dance013:

Does yours not work?? I just tried mine again right now...and it works fine--
If you are using the new one, try downloading an older version, maybe they are not effected...I am using 4.14.1

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Does yours not work?? I just tried mine again right now...and it works fine--
If you are using the new one, try downloading an older version, maybe they are not effected...I am using 4.14.1

I can't get in the room someone is sleeping in there I will let you know soon lol...>>>> I don't think I ever upgraded either knowing they were going to do this shit soon lol thanks peace out Headband707:dance013: