What's new

lil coco Brainwreck

Calimed

Veteran
Couple more pix:

Plumpin up! My camera kinda sucks, so I apologize for the crappy pictures.

For reference, I included a shot with the containers and stalks. Each of those big tall colas in front are 13-15 inches long. There might be a bit more in the depths of the canopy, but I measured at the bottom where you can start to see bud in these pictures.

Calimed

Veteran
Week 9 and more flushing.

The upper fan leaves are yellowing and I'm having to clean up a couple more leaves each day that have fallen. It can be tricky, as you really have to scout out the canopy to make sure there aren't any dead leaves just chillin'.

The smell is so candy sweet, mmm. I kinda want these girls to hurry up! The trichromes are a mixture of cloudy and clear. The percentage is 50%, maybe a bit more now. I want at least 100% cloudy if I can.

Some of the lower branches further from the light have started their swell. I'll probably harvest all those big tops you see in most of the pictures (when ready), then lower the light for the rest.

Calimed

Veteran
Almost there?

Almost there?

2 weeks of flushing :). I may harvest some of the tip colas today.

The fan leaves in the upper canopy have yellowed around 85-90%. The lower canopy is a mixture of fully green to 50% yellow.

Trichromes on the top buds are 95% cloudy/milky, maybe some hints/hues of amber, but more in the trich stems...which I don't think counts.

Ideally, I want this crop to have a happy/energetic feel, without being too twitchy...u know, enough to relax too. Therefore, I probably really should wait until I see a few more amber. If I do harvest some tips today...the rest will be allowed to mature to include more amber.

Sure is hard to wait!

Last time I harvested and dried...my buds got a lil too dried out. Not crispy...just too dry. Being winter, it'll probably be easier, but I'm going to maybe leave more of the stems on during the first couple days than last time.

Pictures:

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin like a successful grow - it sure is hard to watch and wait when you know you could just call it good and harvest

if yur budz get too dry you can put them in an airtight container like a jar or rubbermaid/tupperware w a little orange peel or a slice of apple 4 hrs to 8 hrs will fluff them back up

Calimed

Veteran
Snipped a couple inches off one of the tips in the back left of the tent.

After looking with the scope outside the tent, I'm going to be waiting a few more days before snipping anymore. What I thought was mostly cloudy/milky, was more 65% cloudy, some milky shimmer, and clear. I want to see nothing but opaque and beyond.

Discipline :joint:

The tip I snipped has around 6-8 dense grape nugs. Quick dried a couple and have the rest in a paper bag to use as a stash until the rest is ready.

Got me lit nicely, but, I can sense more potential there.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
certainly - it's a trial of patience but the rewards are there

just a conundrum since you know it's good product - just not up to it's full potential until you're seeing the amber trichs

not telling you - just talkin

Calimed

Veteran
Dem girls got chopped. I gave them a few more days after I last posted, but due to a number of reasons, I had to chop them down to get ready to move. Next round...I shouldn't have these issues.

No PM at harvest like last round! This gave me TONS of wonderful frosty trim...multiple 6 quart mixer bowls full (when wet). I made 2 experimental QWISO runs, which are currently drying out, and a pound of cannabutter. After all that, I still have another 2 bowls of trim.

I separated the nicest fat buds (mainly what u see in my pictures) from the smaller avg. buds and popcorn. The small buds sat on plates and the bigger buds were left on the stalks for a few days in cardboard boxes.

After about 2.5 days, my partner convinced me we should bring out the paper bags. Last time, I definitely dried my buds out too long before bagging and jarring. They weren't bone dry..but definitely more dry than avg. This time...we are going to make sure that doesn't happen. I think I could've maybe gone another day before bagging...but my partner made a smart choice as they are progressing nicely in the bags.

Current weight after 4 days or so is 40oz. Some water weight is definitely still there. I wonder how much more I will lose to moisture?

I'm really impressed as while this is the same strain I ran last round...I definitely improved my game. These buds are already smelling so sweet! Last round, they had more hay smell until after bagging. I'm noticing less of a fuel-like scent and all sweet candy (cotton candy maybe with trainwreck?).

Pictures of buds coming soon!

Now I get to start planning how I'm going to lay out the setup in my new place. Still going to use my GL120, but will probably upgrade my ghetto mom spot to a 2x2 tent.

I kinda really want to start messing with genetics and pollen chucking, but I've only grown clones. It is more difficult to get seeds in the bay area as well, not as many clubs have them. Since I grow only for myself to save money and tailor my own medicine, I need to determine if gettin funky with genetics will be worthwhile for me as I don't want yields to suffer too much. By yields I mean enough good medicine to last me until next harvest. I'm sure it can be done, I just need to plan it out a bit more than clones.

Of course, as far as I know seeds could be just as easy as all these clones and I could be over thinking things a bit.

Any suggestions? Also, anyone know where I can get good seeds at a bay area club or would I have to check out seedboutique/seedbay?

Calimed

Veteran
Ooo, this hash is bubbling all over the place. Close to full melt, bubbles like mad at least 3/4th the burn.

Scraped the dishes yesterday and made 2 balls. One about the size of a marble, the other like a shooter marble. I'll weigh and take pictures shortly.

Yesterday they were sticky icky; however, this morning it was more like crystalline amber.

I kinda like this QWISO hash :trampoline:. I made this batch with 99% ISO, 15 seconds sitting, then 15 seconds shake before straining. Then dried it for about 4-5 days...but my place is kinda cold.

The buds in bags are down to around 36.7 oz now from 40. They are moist and sticky at the moment. Probably within the next 2 days they will go into jars. Some before others.

:dance013:

In other news, I've been thinking more about the new setup. I'm probably going to run 2 strains, a sativa and an indica. Three plants of each in flower. Still don't know if I'm going to go clone or get funky with some seeds.

Calimed

Veteran
Boo, I put them in paper bags too soon. I checked them yesterday in the daily shuffing and noticed the very start of mold...grr.

So I laid all the bud out and am letting it dry that way some more. I'm carefully looking and snipping off the tiny spots if I see them. A couple of the popcorn ones I have been throwing away because there are more than one or two spots.

If...or will?...these buds dry ok without more mold, is it ok to smoke them? If not, what about QWISO?

Calimed

Veteran
The buds are getting close to smoke dry and I have been picking off the tiny mold spots I see. I'm thinking most of the bud will be saved. The light fluffy popcorn buds got the brunt of it.

I'm a little afraid of putting these buds in jars after they dry out more. Can the mold come back? What if I miss some tiny pin drop of mold?

In other news...just ordered a pack of mob boss seeds from grindhouse, which will be my next grow show. Since I will have seeds, I will be pollenating the lower branches with the best male. Haven't made seeds...or grown other than clone so it should be fun.

My new mother area will be a 2x2 tent. I think I may try some single cola plants too.

Calimed

Veteran
Smoke report pre-cure:

This weed gets u stuck. Smoking a couple bowls takes awhile because my partner and I keep on babysitting lol. We don't normally do that unless the weed is harsh.

Ashes white.

-------

Before I jarred up the remains, I picked out a lot of the popcorn, it had bits of mold on it. Not a lot...just bits n pieces on the tips. I'm not sure if cooking this at 200 degrees for a bit then making hash is a good idea...or trashing it. Last run I tried too quickly (80-95 degree weather), this time too slow lol. Still saved 90% of all the good buds.

This brings me to....

What I've learned this grow:

Need to tweak the drainage system a bit more. I'm going to get another long tupperware tub like in back...or else make something like a flood tray and have a small water catcher below. I never had a huge problem with drainage...but I want it easier.

Need to control the RH. Yeah, I don't even have a meter, but I assume that is why I've had to keep a close eye on PM and the reason my carbon filter became slightly overpowered near the end. I'm going to get a small dehumidifier. Hopefully those don't suck a lot of power.

I had a flat canopy during most of veg and stretch...until the end of the second week or so...a few branches leaped ahead. I want to control this...and the easiest way is SCROG! However...I'm thinking of trying out single colas next grow. Either that or SCROG.

4 feet tall is a tad too tall for utilizing a 600w in my tent. The canopy was around 2 feet and the buds weren't rock hard near the edge of the tent. Next grow I am thinking of triggering around a foot to 18 inches...definitely before two feet.

I love to grow and find growing is half the therapy.

-------

Next Grow:

Instead of clones...I am going to try seeds this time. The strain will be Mob Boss by Grindhouse. I plan to pollenate lower branches on each of the females. Getting into the genetics side is something I am VERY interested in. I can't wait.

More soon...and pictures too, I promise.

Calimed

Veteran
Ahahaha,

Ok, so, I am a bit anxious. I really overestimated how much mold attacked my drying bud. In reality, it was a very small percentage. Thank goodness I didn't just throw it all away.

It took me carefully picking through and examining 57 grams before I overcame my lil issue. What I thought was mold...was really just an insane amount of trichs...I must've thought some of it looked weird in the middle of drying. In a lot of places there are so many trichs you can barely see the green of the bud (I thought those little specs were mold).

There were a few pieces with mold...it did happen, but my level of quality control when sifting through for damage control was way too harsh.

So, I decided to make QWISO with those 57 grams I just picked through. It was either hash or cure it a bit more for a blunt mix...I chose hash. More pix of this as it dries out.

The rest of the bud I over-reacted on is about to go into a jar, and the rest are already being burped. The weed smell is just about to start coming back, I can smell hints of it.

I'm about to re-set up the tent and get ready for next run. My checklist before I pop beans is:

1) re-work the drainage system so I can take out runoff...to avoid rise in RH.

2) re-work sound dampening for the Can Fan 6in HO.

3) Decide how I am going to germinate...haven't done a seed grow before (besides veggies), only clone.

As mentioned before, the strain will be Mob Boss by Grindhouse and I will be hunting for phenotypes and pollen chucking. I will be building a male isolation chamber (either in-tent, or external). I'm debating if I will pollenate one female...or pollenate the lower branches of each female. Probably each female is better considering they will most likely be of a different pheno.

Originally I was thinking of doing single-cola...but I'm also debating SCROG.

I'm willing to take suggestions, experiments, and documentation ideas for next grow. I plan on documenting everything to the T.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
you must of got your brainwreck from the same kat i did or you know the same people i do as yours is identical to mine. just lost it, wouldnt re-veg.... T-Bud?

Calimed

Veteran
I wish I didn't lose mine as well! I had to chop the mothers due to moving and a few other annoying things. I'd like to get the cut again as I was starting to get it dialed in. The high is fun too.

How would you rate how yours turned out for the high? Do you know your cloudy/amber ratio?

I did rep the 831 for awhile.

krunchbubble

Veteran
son of a bitch! i was hoping to get it back! dont know the amber/cloudy ratio. smells and tastes like trainwreck. puts me to sleep, i smoke it only a night or if i want to be very,very stoned. the high rivals the pure kush i have......

krunchbubble

Veteran
i go through lots of strains, lots of them, and this one im kicking myself in the ass for not keeping! this cut/strain is a forever keeper!

Latest posts

Latest posts