What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Like garlic just as much as I like garlic bud!!

S

SeaMaiden

Lost, antibacterial fu is strong in garlic. Many fishkeepers have sworn by it for years.

captain planet

Veteran
......heritage pigfarmers in in climates that include a winter freeze can rely on garlic as an antibiotic for there herds

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
Lost, antibacterial fu is strong in garlic. Many fishkeepers have sworn by it for years.

yeah i soak my loach food in garlic, they go mad for it..

rainer by smack your garlic up i meant shake it about or disturb the plant like a foraging animal would,, it's not advisable but i have noticed that when you disturb the roots slightly the plant really stinks suddenly..

Thigmotropism.

WOW the things you learn...

http://biology.kenyon.edu/edwards/project/steffan/b45sv.htm

One tidbit

"
So Plants Actually Have a Sense of Touch?

Yes. In fact, some plants are actually much more sensitive to touch than human beings! For example, human skin can minimally detect a thread weighing 0.002mg being drawn across it. However, a feeding tentacle of the insectivorous sundew plant responds to a thread of 0.0008mg, and a climbing tendril of Sicyos actually repsonds to a thread weighing just 0.00025mg! Therefore, some plants have a sense of touch which is nearly 10 times as sensitive as human skin!"

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
So many posts here talking about the smell so I was wondering because I never grew garlic.

Thanks

When there are great fields of garlic in the same location then, yes you can smell it but it isn't unpleasant.

captain planet

Veteran
Bummer ! I lost about 20% I think I actually dug them up in winter not realizing That that box had the garlic in ! My other half still thinks it was squirrels shhhhh ;)

captain planet

Veteran
Garlic has been down over a month now, not too big this year :(
(red onion in there also)
picture.php

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
for me its ALL bout the early spring Garlic ~Scapes.... that rock my world every year....
grilled in balsamic and olive oil..... just make me go numb.....

L0PG

I LOVE my home grown garlic. We grow Music, Georgian Fire, Japanese Hardneck, and a Spanish softneck I brought back from Italy. My pride and joy in my garlic beds are the Israeli Softneck, I hand carried it back from a street market in Tel Aviv. It is DELICIOUS.

Moosehead

Been trying to get garlic to grow for some years now, what am i missing?

Plant bulbs in may or sept? I planted in may, im still waiting.... nothing happened. very sandy/loamy soil, dries out quick but everything else (except tomatoes) does good. Tomatoes need extra watering. Lots of squirrels around here, are they the problem?