What's new

LIBERATE YOURSELVES FROM BOTTLED NUTES -- SAVE $$ AND GROW BETTER ORGANIC PLANTS

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
no one can see page four. i still don't know why. i've been trying to keep up with people's posts by clicking on the user name of the most recent post and looking at their post archive. also my hope is that if we post past page 4, we'll be able to see page 5.

dr.penthotal

Chasing the orange grapefruit rabbit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok with page 1-3 and 5, still not working page 4.
Mine was last post I think...
Hope didn't mess anything...

grapeman

Veteran
I don't care what medium anyone grows with. I believe it to be a personal choice. I do agree that once organic is dialed in, it is far cheaper to grow.

Where we part ways is the claim that organically grown food crops somehow taste better then conventionally grown crops. That bullshit has been debunked over and over and over and over.......

mad librettist

Veteran
Where we part ways is the claim that organically grown food crops somehow taste better then conventionally grown crops. That bullshit has been debunked over and over and over and over.......

then you should have no issue doing it once more.

peacocks are interesting birds.... It's a big show, but have you ever heard one call? it's just awful, and you just wish they would go away if you have to live with it.

M

Mr. Fantastic

It is merely a matter of opinion/preference. I have noticed definite differences in live soil grown herb and force fed synthetic herb. Majority of folks I know prefer the taste and the overall finished product of live soil. To each his own but I am sticking with my clean burning tasty herb you can keep the black metallic looking clump.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grapeman; Except in my garden and several others I know of. If you are discussing certified organic, you have a mild point. If you are discussing Granny's garden you are full of it my friend [and you know it]

Something is seriously wrong with this thread. Page 4 and can't quote.

mad librettist

Veteran
If you are discussing Granny's garden you are full of it my friend [and you know it]

(as any child could easily point out for you)

certified organic is a joke, and pretty much no one around here has that in mind when they say "organic".

but then again, you enjoy pretending to be the only person in the room who gets it.

grapeman

Veteran
then you should have no issue doing it once more.

peacocks are interesting birds.... It's a big show, but have you ever heard one call? it's just awful, and you just wish they would go away if you have to live with it.

You have a small mind, yet you troll large. It's what you don't know, but think you know that shows your stupidity. You may have a small amount of know how in your back room, but don't make the mistake that that somehow qualifies you on growing crops, what consumers buy, what they don't buy and why.

Because we disagree about global warming you follow me from thread to thread posting your ignorance for all to see.

I knew I was correct when I guessed your age at 14.

h.h.

Veteran
yay! the thread is back on!

TO ALL DISBELIEVERS -- TASTE MY TOMATOES!
...and see where it went.

Shopping at the local clinic, I always thought the pot, err, I mean medicine was a little too clean tasting. Some see this as better taste. I see it as tasteless. Like eating a big juicy red delicious apple. All the flavor is gone.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
...and see where it went.

Shopping at the local clinic, I always thought the pot, err, I mean medicine was a little too clean tasting. Some see this as better taste. I see it as tasteless. Like eating a big juicy red delicious apple. All the flavor is gone.

the flavor is right here :moon:

lol jjkk!

like i said before. i'm not trying to convert anyone that loves synthetic nutes. you should have your buds any way you want. i just want mine totally organic. to each their own.

B

Butte_Creek

from what i've read aquaponics is more sustainable than soil. aquaponics is pretty awesome.

the only input in the system is fish food. the fish excrement is process through an enzyme process and turned into plant available organic nutrients.

"It actually uses about 90% less water than a conventional dirt garden where the water can run off or seep past the root zone."

"Aquaponics uses the plants, media, and beneficial bacteria in the system to clean and purify the water, and it's then returned to the fish tank ready for the next cycle."

Strictly organics. Nothing beats the bouquet, flavor, & experience of a finely grown organic herb. although, ime potency is not greater with organics, but neither is it greater with chem hydro. but honestly, if the genetics are right, when is a lack of potency ever an issue? i've never heard, "i only wish this chemdawg/bubba/diesel was just a little stronger" ha.

L

longwaters

i think that sometimes people get confused between nutrients and mediums. organic nutes can be better then hydro nutes and hydro mediums (or aero) can be better than soil.

C

CC_2U

i think that sometimes people get confused between nutrients and mediums. organic nutes can be better then hydro nutes and hydro mediums (or aero) can be better than soil.
Good point!

Does a homemade nettle or comfrey tea qualify as a 'nutrient' or something else? If lavender tea is sprayed on the plant is that a nutrient or a pesticide and fungicide? What about if it is applied to the soil?

What about rock dusts? Are those nutrients or simply part of the medium?

CC

GoneRooty

from what i've read aquaponics is more sustainable than soil. aquaponics is pretty awesome.

the only input in the system is fish food. the fish excrement is process through an enzyme process and turned into plant available organic nutrients.

"It actually uses about 90% less water than a conventional dirt garden where the water can run off or seep past the root zone."

"Aquaponics uses the plants, media, and beneficial bacteria in the system to clean and purify the water, and it's then returned to the fish tank ready for the next cycle."

Just curious where you're quoting from?

GoneRooty

What about rock dusts? Are those nutrients or simply part of the medium?

And to add to the confusion, are rock dusts "technically" not really organic? I mean I know that they are approved for use in organic farming/gardening, but since they're minerals I thought they couldn't really be "organic"?

C

CC_2U

And to add to the confusion, are rock dusts "technically" not really organic? I mean I know that they are approved for use in organic farming/gardening, but since they're minerals I thought they couldn't really be "organic"?
Correct.