What's new

Lex's-2013-Grow-.

L

LEX-UK

Welcome..

So with all the dramas i had with my last grows with the temps n humidity i knew i had to insulate my rooms.. plus having the sparky in fitting new electrics, we decided on tearing the rooms down and building new.

Im not doing the flip rooms now as im busy with other things, so ive built a 2 x 1 metre room, 25mm insulation then reflectix ontop, heres some pics while getting it done..

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0624.jpg
    DSCN0624.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN0625.jpg
    DSCN0625.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0629.jpg
    DSCN0629.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0626.jpg
    DSCN0626.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0631.jpg
    DSCN0631.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 7
L

LEX-UK

Here itis after getting the rest of the reflectix up and adding another inlet, plus hanging the lights.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I got 2 new supernova reflectors and 1 600w startsmart digi ballast, also i filled in one of the outlets and got a 8" rvk hooked up to a sms smart controller, 2 x 4" passive inlets.

Attachments

• IMGA0065.jpg
    IMGA0065.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMGA0066.jpg
    IMGA0066.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMGA0064.jpg
    IMGA0064.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMGA0063.jpg
    IMGA0063.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMGA0062.jpg
    IMGA0062.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 13
W

willyweed

lookin g good lex ! so what will ya be growing this time mate in your posh new room?also is there any advice as what to do about heat signature from above ie is there any thickness of insulation that works ect?

L

LEX-UK

Theres also 25mm insulation on the floor covered with black/white plastic.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Thanks willyweed lol. id say make sure your well insulated above your grow and exuast into the house or next room, but couple of lights isnt gonna raise any flags tbh if your well insulated and have a good exit source.

Attachments

• IMGA0067.jpg
    IMGA0067.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMGA0068.jpg
    IMGA0068.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMGA0069.jpg
    IMGA0069.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 10
  • IMGA0072.jpg
    IMGA0072.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMGA0073.jpg
    IMGA0073.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 11
L

LEX-UK

[
lookin g good lex ! so what will ya be growing this time mate in your posh new room?also is there any advice as what to do about the choppers overhead looking in?
]

Strains are undecided atm but im still running the tables drip fed with air pots but will be 4 plants per table and 1 strain per table, time to dial these ladies in!

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
looking good lex

I would advise on a proper inlet with fan as it makes a big difference to the buds

lots of good air in = better quality buds and a more stable environment

looking forward to the show lex

peace

W

willyweed

looking good lex

I would advise on a proper inlet with fan as it makes a big difference to the buds

peace
hey rol do you have a back shutter or something on the end of your air in,i use an old carbon filter in case the power ever goes off ! sucks a bit less but no guilty smell out !gonna need it to as i am just cracking 4x exodus ghs seeds .lol:)

L

LEX-UK

Subbed mate, that room looks spot on my friend, great work.

Thank you bro.. its not perfect but didnt cost me £100 to build the room, but i still have to get a heater of some sort. I tested the room with both lights on and with the fan runnin about 60-75% the temps were 19c but that was with only 1 inlet and its cold out.

I also tested my old elec heater 400-800w with lights off and having it on for 5 mins and 30 mins off the temps swayed from 15c to 19c thats with the exuast running and only having the heater on the 400w setting.

putting battens up so i can haved either crop support netting or a scrog screen.

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
I just use a pair of tights to stop the nasty bugs getting in

if your power goes smells will get out regardless

peace

L

LEX-UK

looking good lex

peace

Yo RIL thanks mate.. I hear u on the fan for inlet I would of kept just the one inlet if hooking a fan up to it but it should be sweet passiv, one thing I'm thinking of is making some sort of plastic pipe manifold as ill have enough floor space in the grow. There's a very strong force of air coming through the inlets passive.

Is running propane heaters a no no in grows? Even tho our electrics are up to date and safer!! The breakers ampage is abit lower so can't run to many appliances.

L

LEX-UK

I just use a pair of tights to stop the nasty bugs getting in

if your power goes smells will get out regardless

peace

Yea unless your running a sealed room with filters on the in and out smells will escape if power down.. Dampers won't stop smell.

Have to take my nan to hospital today so ill get her to pack a spare pair of tights.. She got to have an injection in the eye.. Fug that

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
What's going on LEX? Hope you're well mate.

Good effort with your room bro, looking nice and tidy.

What strains you looking to run? Tell me the pre '98 bubba's making an appearance!

Peace

D

dank420uk

great looking room be good to see it full of plants...can i ask what is the silver stuff on the walls it looks like stuff i see builders using on a new house up the road maybe i can get a spare roll from em lol

L

LEX-UK

great looking room be good to see it full of plants...can i ask what is the silver stuff on the walls it looks like stuff i see builders using on a new house up the road maybe i can get a spare roll from em lol

Lol yea man that's the stuff it can be used as floor wall or loft insulation but jus very handy as is shiney on 1side.. Used it before worked brilliant for trichome coverage.

Thanks mate and I cannae wait til it's full with plants either lol:tiphat::ying:

L

LEX-UK

What's going on LEX? Hope you're well mate.

Good effort with your room bro, looking nice and tidy.

What strains you looking to run? Tell me the pre '98 bubba's making an appearance!

Peace

Hey piff, not much bro keeping out of trouble lol how's u bro?

Argh! I'm having a REALLY having a mare with trying Togo mono lol this is horrible.. Have to choose my fav child lol.

It would be nice seeing it full of purple but summers here :( I mean :) lol.

Thanks for taking a look mate always welcome

hey lex. looking very nice man. locked down is the word. guys check out my thread ill be putting up... my first solo grow. big respect lex... :D

Latest posts

Latest posts