What's new

Let's talk investors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
This has always been my dream, have a cool investor that is down for pretty much anything. Nothing is set in stone yet but I have a good feeling he will be down when I lay it out for him... I want to have some basic numbers/figures ready for him for when I go to talk to him though. So that is where you guys, the pros come in...

I wanna say right now, I am gonna need some help, that's why I am posting this. I have only grown under a 150w HPS but unless everyone has been lying to me, they say that micro growing is much more challnging then full scale growing and i figure as long as I have a proper setup and the right equipment I shouldn't have much to worry about. I know there are unforseeable events but prevention is the key as they say.

So time to talk some real shit...

first off locaton is the biggest issue. We have no spot currently to use so that will prob be the biggest expense but idk if he will care based on his background. And he may be planning this to be a long term investment, where I am looking at it short term.

Let's talk equipment. What do you guys think is a good amount to ask for to get a proper setup rolling? this is only for equipment for the grow... no rent, electricty bills or anything... just the loan for the gear.

How big he wants to go is still unknown so for now let's just say we are keeping it somewhere between 2k-6k

I was figuring 10 G's. Just to play it safe and have some spare just in case "OH SHIT" money...

does that sound about right guys?

I don't wanna go into too much detail without some ideas being thrown around because I know you guys have a much better idea then I do...

If anyone feels more comfortable in PM, just shoot me one...

THIS IS JUST FOR IDEAS. IT IS NOT YET IN PROGRESS,

EDIT:

I am not going the "investor" route... this thread is dead... I bought my own shit...

Once again, this thread is DEAD!

Last edited:

facedark

I would recommend you go to a hydro webshop and put togheter the setup, include everything from ventilation to duct tape!

May I ask why you are looking at a short time investment? I would personally have no problem continuing to grow if the cash is right.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
lol it's gonna take more then a few runs in a shoe box with dixie cups and cfls to get you ready for the big leagues.

I love how people think it's just that easy.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Horrible idea going with a partner.

Just don't do it. It's way too easy to work your way up to what you want by investing profits. In other words, buy a 1000, 3 months later sell a pound, use that money to buy 3 more 1000's, 3 months later sell four pounds, use that money to do whatever you were going to do with a partner. Only took 6 months.

Or, get a credit card and max that bitch out.

burns1n209

sucks working with a partner but if thats your only option then give it a try, i run with a partner now, only thing that helped me is i had the knowledge and he had the spot. Dont really butt heads cause hes not sure whats up anyways. Now he is fully knowledgable and things working out good, however i do want out asap, just need the spot. I had the equipment already and he had the man cave. 10k will be descent start. say 4kw worth of light, and some blowers and fans looking at 2k. then ya have to decided trays? stands? or just pots on the ground. you should be able to get verything you need to run the room under 3k, then you have the rent,elect..etc gotta figure 1500 a month for 3 months thats 4500 on top of 3k for the room, always good to have 1 or 2k lying around incase of emergnecy, also might have to pay first and last month rent plus secruity depoit so all that in a 3month cycle will come out right around 10k good luck

OhighO

What if you fail and lose your partners money. Unforeseen small problems can cause BIG problems between partners

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
I would recommend you go to a hydro webshop and put togheter the setup, include everything from ventilation to duct tape!

May I ask why you are looking at a short time investment? I would personally have no problem continuing to grow if the cash is right.

yeah sounds like a good idea...
I don't mean growing short term but just this partnership short term because I don't want to be in it for any longer then I have to... and I am most likely moving within the next year... most likely will be goin on my own.

Horrible idea going with a partner.

Just don't do it. It's way too easy to work your way up to what you want by investing profits. In other words, buy a 1000, 3 months later sell a pound, use that money to buy 3 more 1000's, 3 months later sell four pounds, use that money to do whatever you were going to do with a partner. Only took 6 months.

Or, get a credit card and max that bitch out.

I know partners are bad but like someone said sometimes you are left with no choice. Like I said I don't have spot to go big that's why I don't have bigger then a 150w where I am at now.

I am still considering maybe get a 4 or 600 for my current spot. Like you said. Could pull still some decent weight and wouldn't take much time. Problem is I can only run at my current spot for another 6 months, this is why the investor is nice cuz I could run a whole year right up until I move and he would either keep the place running with someone else or close up and sell and be happy with helping me and making some money.

If you guys knew the situation you might understand a bit better but I can't go into details. dude is a cool guy looking out... he might just hook me up with a regular old job, who knows... like I said none of this is definite until I talk to him I just wanted ideas to throw at him if he was interested... point is he is a businessman looking to find a way to benefit both of us... and he happens to be cool and somewhat knowledgable about the herbs...

sucks working with a partner but if thats your only option then give it a try, i run with a partner now, only thing that helped me is i had the knowledge and he had the spot. Dont really butt heads cause hes not sure whats up anyways. Now he is fully knowledgable and things working out good, however i do want out asap, just need the spot. I had the equipment already and he had the man cave. 10k will be descent start. say 4kw worth of light, and some blowers and fans looking at 2k. then ya have to decided trays? stands? or just pots on the ground. you should be able to get verything you need to run the room under 3k, then you have the rent,elect..etc gotta figure 1500 a month for 3 months thats 4500 on top of 3k for the room, always good to have 1 or 2k lying around incase of emergnecy, also might have to pay first and last month rent plus secruity depoit so all that in a 3month cycle will come out right around 10k good luck

thanks man I said how much for just the equipment but 10k for rent included sounds great... but also electricity bills every month...

What if you fail and lose your partners money. Unforeseen small problems can cause BIG problems between partners

honestly dude is so loaded I think he would laugh if I told him I lost his 10 grand. he prob hand me 20 more and say see if this works...

lol it's gonna take more then a few runs in a shoe box with dixie cups and cfls to get you ready for the big leagues.

I love how people think it's just that easy.

thanks bro very helpful... Still never grown in a shoebox til date... and Actually only have cfl's for a tiny breeding box I have. Besides that 110w of PL-L for Veg and 150w of HPS for flower. Who ever said 2-4kw was the big leagues? LOL maybe you should remember where you are standing...

BTW thanks everyone for the NEG REPS! :thank you:

d3cryption

Veteran
Soursmoker , I'm with third coast on this one .....

If I were u , I would buy 1 600w, go vertical , and yield 16oz or better... Especially if u have clones of any of hol,csg, or reg genes....

Also u talking about 2-6k? A partnership/invetor isn't worth that..... That can be managed/funded by 1 person.....

Also I believe there is a big difference in micro vs 4+k grows .... More plants to tend to , cloning skills must be up to par . Environment , pest ,amongst other things.....

Also what method would u grow ? Hopefully one u done before .
U say u need numbers to report, but have u thought about what happens if u don't hit them numbers ?

But if u have no other choice but to get an investor .... Make it a one time thing ....get in and get OUT! Make sure that Harvest is about 10+lbs and go do ur own thing somewhere else ...

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
thanks bro very helpful... Still never grown in a shoebox til date... and Actually only have cfl's for a tiny breeding box I have. Besides that 110w of PL-L for Veg and 150w of HPS for flower. Who ever said 2-4kw was the big leagues? LOL maybe you should remember where you are standing...

Well from what I have seen you've yet to master the micro grow, so I might have a little more of a clue then you.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
like I said biggest problem is I don't have the space to go bigger then I already am going.

2nd, there is a big difference but this would be my full time job, my micro grow is for fun... I would be in the garden all day if I had a setup like I am talking. I always fuck up on my micro grow I'm not gonna lie...

I would most likely be growing organic soil... prob trying vert for the first time... dividing the lights into different setups for the first round...

thanks everyone for their opinions. until I talk to him and he says he is even interested in growing I don't see the point in cotinuing this thread. I apoligize for even starting it.

I was counting my chickens before they hatched... or something like that...

whatthe215

Veteran
IMO partnering up on anything less than a 20 lighter ain't worth it.

Third Coast has the right answer... grab a 1k, then make it 3k then 8k. reinvest in yourself. it goes quick.

less than a year and a half ago i had just a few CFLs... then 1k and 600, then an 8 light flip and now a 40 lighter. long days, hard work, patience and saving them pennies will get you where you want to be...

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
IMO partnering up on anything less than a 20 lighter ain't worth it.

Third Coast has the right answer... grab a 1k, then make it 3k then 8k. reinvest in yourself. it goes quick.

less than a year and a half ago i had just a few CFLs... then 1k and 600, then an 8 light flip and now a 40 lighter. long days, hard work, patience and saving them pennies will get you where you want to be...

i totally feel you it's just i don't have the spot... to even run a k... and I only have 6 months of growing left here... then 6 more months of being clean then we have to move... that is why I am even considering the investor deal... but I see what you are saying about anything less than 20k...

maybe dude will just offer me a regular ass job with some good pay... that might just be better for both of us...

like i said in my last post.. I regret posting about it this early... no point in continuing the thread until the guy even says he wants to grow...

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Growing the plants is the easy part.

It's the other shit that takes time and skill and balls of steel.
First you've got to build it, construction, lighting, electrical, plumbing, hvac (and it's gotta work).
Now you've got to grow it, and be profitable (easier said then done)
Now you've got to move it (the hardest part of it all)
And while doing all of that you have to balance the budget, make sure the bills are paid, make sure you've got what you need, and make sure everything is working like a well oiled machine all the while not leaking stink or making sure no one is on to you (cops, thieves, land lords, anyone that doesn't like you for any reason).

You said it would be a full time job, well, that's the understatement of a lifetime.

I hate to be a dick, but I come with a little bit of experience having worked my way up from a 250 hps. I find it insulting when people consider it a get rich quick scheme. It's actually easier to work a real job, because if you are trying to make a living on herb you've got at least 3 months till you see a pay check and a lot of shit to do to get you there.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
This has always been my dream, have a cool investor that is down for pretty much anything. Nothing is set in stone yet but I have a good feeling he will be down when I lay it out for him... I want to have some basic numbers/figures ready for him for when I go to talk to him though. So that is where you guys, the pros come in...

I wanna say right now, I am gonna need some help, that's why I am posting this. I have only grown under a 150w HPS but unless everyone has been lying to me, they say that micro growing is much more challnging then full scale growing and i figure as long as I have a proper setup and the right equipment I shouldn't have much to worry about. I know there are unforseeable events but prevention is the key as they say.

So time to talk some real shit...

first off locaton is the biggest issue. We have no spot currently to use so that will prob be the biggest expense but idk if he will care based on his background. And he may be planning this to be a long term investment, where I am looking at it short term.

Let's talk equipment. What do you guys think is a good amount to ask for to get a proper setup rolling? this is only for equipment for the grow... no rent, electricty bills or anything... just the loan for the gear.

How big he wants to go is still unknown so for now let's just say we are keeping it somewhere between 2k-6k

I was figuring 10 G's. Just to play it safe and have some spare just in case "OH SHIT" money...

does that sound about right guys?

I don't wanna go into too much detail without some ideas being thrown around because I know you guys have a much better idea then I do...

If anyone feels more comfortable in PM, just shoot me one...

THIS IS JUST FOR IDEAS. IT IS NOT YET IN PROGRESS,

Lemme guess.. you're really stoned right now..

mgk :tiphat:

Easy7

Veteran
Lot's of good advice here. I'd stay away from a partner. Set up a budget, you can find what you require and all the prices for every little detail. Try a file locked in an encrypted offline computer. True crypt is about is good as a program gets and can even alloicate exactly what space you desire. Just trying to help you avoid a conspiracy charge. Just takes a list of gear and gentics, as you buying gear and risking attention. I'd go with a 1k if you can handle that. Better bud density! Lot's of new ballast can dial down to 600 watts, great for an MH conversion bulb to even out the power bill during 18/6. Things get pricey fast, I like to pass the time figuring out what I'd like to achieve next. Don't forget the bill running extra's that really help, such as a/c and dehumidfier. Read up all you can on growing methods. Plants grow fast under higher powered lights. Be on top of things before you even order, or one mistake can cost hundreds to thousands. Know what your ciruits can handle before you even buy your gear.

Good luck and avoid an easy 7

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You have to convince an investor that you will be able to create a profit from whatever amount he or she lends you.

Good luck!

R.Fortune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts