What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lets share some good music for good vibes

Eltitoguay

Hiya dear lovely farmers,
A creepy brother of mine suggested that I post here so being of Persian background, I will try to acquaint you with some sound that you might like

I sign up, although I know almost nothing about that music, beyond the medieval connections with my folklore.
The first song is too "light" and pop for my personal taste...But they say in my country that for different likes there are different colors, heh...
Are you of Persian descent abroad; from which country, just out of curiosity?

Last edited:

Persianfarmer

I sign up, although I know almost nothing about that music, beyond the medieval connections with my folklore.
The first song is too "light" and pop for my personal taste...But they say in my country that for different likes there are different colors, heh...
Are you of Persian descent abroad; from which country, just out of curiosity?
Hiya Elite
Thanks for the feedback much appreciated. Well I am a mix of 3/4 Persian and 1/4 Czech, raised in France, studied in US and worked in Dubai…what about you? Tell me about yourself, your grow and your taste in music

Eltitoguay

Hiya Elite
Thanks for the feedback much appreciated. Well I am a mix of 3/4 Persian and 1/4 Czech, raised in France, studied in US and worked in Dubai…what about you? Tell me about yourself, your grow and your taste in music
Hi. I live and come from the country where one of the greatest musicians of Persian chose to live, develop the best of his career, and die. music of all times, Abu l-Hasan Ali ibn Nafi', "زرياب", for Persians, "Ziryab" or "Zyryab", for us : "The Persian Blackbird":
descarga (1).jpeg

1701461869575.png

Persianfarmer

Hi. I live and come from the country where one of the greatest musicians of Persian chose to live, develop the best of his career, and die. music of all times, Abu l-Hasan Ali ibn Nafi', "زرياب", for Persians, "Ziryab" or "Zyryab", for us : "The Persian Blackbird":
View attachment 18926381
View attachment 18926380
By the way he was more than a musician, a great poet as well, singer, oud player and…

Eltitoguay

Kifak Abu shebab? So glad to meet a Middle Eastern brother from Iraq? So tell me about u
By the way he was more than a musician, a great poet as well, singer, oud player and…
Marhaba; masa' alkhayri. 'Ashkurukum ealaa tarhibikum alkarim.
'Ana bikhayrin, lakiniy la 'atahadath alearabia, (nahik ean alfarisiati): I am not from where Abu l-Hasan Ali ibn Nafi' was born (Iraq, in 789 after Christ, I believe 243 of the Hegira), but from the country where he moved to live and die, and where he achieved his universal fame:
1701464624130.png

1701464566077.png

A little of his music heritage here:

It is true that Ziryab excelled in various scientific and humanistic disciplines, but in music alone, his legacy is immense: without him, there would be no guitar in any of its forms: can anyone imagine flamenco, blues, rock or metal without guitars? He also founded the first music conservatory in my country, in Europe, and one of the first in the world.

Last edited:

Eltitoguay

No it isn’t ! I thought it’s free to share good vibes. Sorry Mr.
Naahhh; I thought the thread was only about Persian music, and since @coconutcurry 's "World Music" thread was exhaustively attacked by several unpresentable people who linked music that was irrelevant, I was a little defensive... But I seem to remember that you seemed like good people.
Come on, this other song, which follows and honor the legacy of the great Iraqi-Spanish musician Ziryab (without him, flamenco or the guitar would not exist, for example), following his heritage, I dedicate it to you, cousin. Pay attention to the solo a few seconds from the end of Paco:

Last edited:

Persianfarmer

Naahhh; I thought the thread was only about Persian music, and since @coconutcurry 's "World Music" thread was exhaustively attacked by several unpresentable people who linked music that was irrelevant, I was a little defensive... But I seem to remember that you seemed like good people.
Come on, this other song, which follows and honor the legacy of the great Iraqi-Spanish musician Ziryab (without him, flamenco or the guitar would not exist, for example), following his heritage, I dedicate it to you, cousin. Pay attention to the solo a few seconds from the end of Paco:

Hiya hiya thank u…. Your video is not available but if you are referring to Paco De Lucia, well he is amongst my favorite gutarist

Latest posts

Latest posts