What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

Three Berries

If you have any willow trees around you can make a tea out of some first year growth. Makes an excellent rooting compound. Or an aspirin in your water.

Reactions: xet

Three Berries

I wonder if that could work with some other trees, like Cottonwood or something.
I have 4 kinds of willows and by far the most effective is the corkscrew willow. If it is a tree that you can get started by just sticking it in the ground in the spring then it would probably be high in the rooting hormones.

The corkscrew willow in really humid conditions will grow roots above ground and on their trunks to suck water out of the air.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Is this plant fucked or can it be saved?
Big bud auto. It was doing just fine a few days ago And now all the leaves are starting to yellow. I had been only giving it rainwater with with a little bit of cal+mag on every other watering. I watered it yesterday so I can't water it more now. I think all of the leaves are going to end up falling offalling off sooner than later. My last big bud auto didn't have this problem at all.

What can I do to save this plant? 😭
Can I flush it with plain water on the next watering would that help at all?
20220829_082227.jpg
20220829_081930.jpg
20220829_082308.jpg
20220829_082313.jpg
20220829_082333.jpg
20220829_082402.jpg
20220829_082510.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Well that's strange cause the soil that its in is supposed to be feeding for up to 6 months.

Then what should I do to help this plan?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I have these test seeds and i can't seem to get them to grow right. What's wrong with them and what should I do to fix. Don't say it's in too small of a pot cause I've seen plenty of people on here grow big plans in these little cups. Plus I was gonna transplant it if they got bigger.

20220829_101805.jpg
20220829_103713.jpg
got big enough.

Cerathule

I have these test seeds and i can't seem to get them to grow right. What's wrong with them and what should I do to fix. Don't say it's in too small of a pot cause I've seen plenty of people on here grow big plans in these little cups. Plus I was gonna transplant it if they got bigger.

View attachment 18750083 View attachment 18750085 got big enough.
best would be to find a professional soil that can grow the plant without apparent nutrition problems from the get-go.

of course there is more to plant nutrition than just the medium. your water also contains elements. maybe the pH needs to be set, esp. later when you fertilize. you actually could see if a soil is suitably by a guaranteed analysis...

I doubt 6 months. Rather, 6 weeks. But that is still just bro-science. It's the amount of soil you can muster for a plant and what the plant tells you that gives you the signal to start feeding.

then, environment factors in, too

VenerableHippie

Feed the big plants! Your soil doesn't have enough nutrients. You will need low N, high K ferts at this stage. But you may not change them now.

pH test the little ones ... and then correct

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
So even though the soil bag says that it feeds up to 6 months you recommend feeding bloom food on next watering? Because you're saying that the big one dosen't have enough food in the soil?

So even though the soil bag says that it feeds up to 6 months you recommend feeding bloom food on next watering? Because you're saying that the big one dosen't have enough food in the soil?
What does the soil say it feeds for six months? Lettuce, clover, tomatos... That statement is not very specific. It's done for marketing. Cannabis is a high feeder. It needs more N (nitrogen) in veg and more K (potassium) in flower in addition to all the other micro and macro nutrients. The nutrients have to be in balance with each other.

Cannabis seeds should grow fine for the first couple weeks off of just water, if it is grow in a well balanced soil. Something like foxfarms ocean forest. Some seeds can be sprouted in straight compost no nutes added. Cannabis like more air in the soil and not so wet. Over and under watering can also show sign excess and deficiencies as well.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Would this work as good food for that one. I felt the soil an hour ago an it like it might need water tonight, or definitely by tomorrow, or wednesday.
This is some food I just happened to have plenty of on hand. I guess it would have to be better than nothing.
Also should I cut off some of the yellow fan leafs that are too far gone. I just feel like I have to savage this plant and still get a decent yield for its condition.
20220829_203011.jpg

Would this work as good food for that one. I felt the soil an hour ago an it like it might need water tonight, or definitely by tomorrow, or wednesday.
This is some food I just happened to have plenty of on hand. I guess it would have to be better than nothing.
Also should I cut off some of the yellow fan leafs that are too far gone. I just feel like I have to savage this plant and still get a decent yield for its condition.
View attachment 18750400
6-12-6 NPK without calcium and magnesium is kind of the opposite of what you want. If I were you I would use a 20 -10-20 with a 3to1 or up to 5 to 1 calcium/magnesium. Chelated mirco nutes are good as they are readily available for the plant. They are chemically the same thing microbs would brake them down to without having to wait for that process to happen.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
That is issue with AF's that if you have a problem will effect the end product. Have you scoped leaves for mites? I get browning on edges like that with spider mites.

View attachment 18750400
Sorry I just re read that you have been giving them cal mag. You can use a fertilizer without calcium or magnesium... or anything else that's in calmag.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Now tha I think back i might not have been giving it enough cal-mag the times i watered. On the next watering I'm just going to try some of that fert with some added cal-mag+. Then i can check the ph of the run off.

I dont now how or what to use to check the soils ph.

Lunchmoney

This one blew over 8 days ago. All the way to the ground. Staked with t post. Trellised the whole bush hugged it around with 5x30 net. Continued water and tea/feedings. The flowers seem to be doing better than the healthy one next to it but it’s getting yellowing all over rapidly. What is it telling me? Have roots been severed and it’s using up stored energy? Is this reversible? Should I supplement with foliar feed? —Well amended native clay soil and organic nutes. Chicken and rabbit manure fed. Teas, bennies, fungi. I’m not an organic guy I’m just new and cheap. This entire grow has cost less than 200$ which was goal. First grow. Guerilla.
B56A2C5B-7806-48E5-8D93-A36E317C4884.jpeg
28CA0EF7-EFBF-49A0-860A-EAA03AFA80BC.jpeg
8FE55F34-E47B-4C14-A05B-D165F9A65D4C.jpeg
Should I even be worried?