What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

Pédetoddy

[No message]

Attachments

• photo2103335.jpg
    photo2103335.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 70
  • photo2103336.jpg
    photo2103336.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 74
  • photo2103337.jpg
    photo2103337.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 73
  • photo2103338.jpg
    photo2103338.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 73

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran

Just by looking it looks like your pH is too high and locking out trace minerals, probably iron. Micronutrients show on the younger leaves and growing shoots first. . 😎

laszlokovacs

Hey all super inexperienced and would love some guidance on the following. I discovered last night some spider mites and found out this morning the extent of the infestation. I grow in a tiny space in my small closet w several lights to get veg stuff for my outdoor gardens. There is heavy speckling and eggs under some leaves across a variety of species of plants. I chopped two tiny autoflowers i didnt want that had bad infestations. Did the same with a basil plant that had it as well. Under my main light I am growing 2 stabilized mutations- freakshow and an ABC cross which i examined pretty thoroughly and cant seem to find any spider mites yet which based on leaf size/shape seems more or less plausible + I recently moved them there. However I have 3 6 cell trays of pepper plant starts w pretty bad speckling and eggs under the leaves with a few spider mites next to them which i took out just now. I also found light speckling on another tiny 6 inch plant but cut off 80% of leaves and all affected ones and put it outdoors on my window where temperatures are under 50 at night now hoping that will kill the few left. I believe i have found the plants responsible as being some small rooted cuttings of fruit plants i bought online 3.5 weeks ago from a commercial nursery because they were the only places I found small webs around the plants and on growth that occurred before i received them in the mail. Might be my fault for not quarantining them but still not gonna buy from them again I don't think.

The good thing is any infested or potentially infested plants are pretty small w the biggest being the mutants in the picture at 1 quart containers. I don't really know how to get rid of mites because this is my first time finding them but from what I understand drenching or soaking the leaves is important so I can easily submerge them completely at this size. What should i do? Just want someone to confirm this is actually a spider mite (bad pic sorry)+ do u thing the lil web pictured is the likely original location? . Anyone experience mutants having high resistance to spider mites? Here r some pics to show u whats going on

Attachments

• IMG_3654.JPG
    IMG_3654.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3641.JPG
    IMG_3641.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3656.JPG
    IMG_3656.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3648.JPG
    IMG_3648.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 67

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hey all super inexperienced and would love some guidance on the following. I discovered last night some spider mites and found out this morning the extent of the infestation. I grow in a tiny space in my small closet w several lights to get veg stuff for my outdoor gardens. There is heavy speckling and eggs under some leaves across a variety of species of plants. I chopped two tiny autoflowers i didnt want that had bad infestations. Did the same with a basil plant that had it as well. Under my main light I am growing 2 stabilized mutations- freakshow and an ABC cross which i examined pretty thoroughly and cant seem to find any spider mites yet which based on leaf size/shape seems more or less plausible + I recently moved them there. However I have 3 6 cell trays of pepper plant starts w pretty bad speckling and eggs under the leaves with a few spider mites next to them which i took out just now. I also found light speckling on another tiny 6 inch plant but cut off 80% of leaves and all affected ones and put it outdoors on my window where temperatures are under 50 at night now hoping that will kill the few left. I believe i have found the plants responsible as being some small rooted cuttings of fruit plants i bought online 3.5 weeks ago from a commercial nursery because they were the only places I found small webs around the plants and on growth that occurred before i received them in the mail. Might be my fault for not quarantining them but still not gonna buy from them again I don't think.

The good thing is any infested or potentially infested plants are pretty small w the biggest being the mutants in the picture at 1 quart containers. I don't really know how to get rid of mites because this is my first time finding them but from what I understand drenching or soaking the leaves is important so I can easily submerge them completely at this size. What should i do? Just want someone to confirm this is actually a spider mite (bad pic sorry)+ do u thing the lil web pictured is the likely original location? . Anyone experience mutants having high resistance to spider mites? Here r some pics to show u whats going on
At the first sign of spider mites, one needs to act fast. When I had a run with spider mites, I used a couple of spoons of cold press neem oil mixed with in a qt. of warm RO water. I added one drop of dish soap to the oil to help the oil stick to the plant better. Spray on top and bottom of all the leaves and then repeat every 3 days for 12 days total. Spider mites have many stages of growth and will need many applications to get rid of them. If you don't stop them they will over-run your garden. Always only spray younger plants and never on older plants' flowers because the oil will ruin the flowers. War on mites! 😎

laszlokovacs

At the first sign of spider mites, one needs to act fast. When I had a run with spider mites, I used a couple of spoons of cold press neem oil mixed with in a qt. of warm RO water. I added one drop of dish soap to the oil to help the oil stick to the plant better. Spray on top and bottom of all the leaves and then repeat every 3 days for 12 days total. Spider mites have many stages of growth and will need many applications to get rid of them. If you don't stop them they will over-run your garden. Always only spray younger plants and never on older plants' flowers because the oil will ruin the flowers. War on mites! 😎
Yes thank you for the advice! I will probably have to buy neem soon for this summers outdoors anyway but since my infestation was pretty light i just defoliated the worst leaves and submerged the entire plants up to the base of the stem in a bucket with 2 gal of tap water, 4oz 91% isoproyl and a couple tbsps of dish soap. Luckily all my plants are young and many are vegetable plants so if need be I can use more aggressive stuff. Hoping this is enough for now will dunk again in 3 days + mist leaves throughout the day w water. Probably going to stick with water/alcohol/soap for now, what do you think would be most effective, dunking plants completely in the solution for 15-30 seconds or spraying on the same solution w a spray bottle, maybe more concentrated? Idk i might do both just have never encountered this assholes before, Im feeling optimistic tho i think I cleaned the space n all the leaves well, just gonna crank the humidity up a bit cuz i heard it helps

Makingmyway

Oreoz strain in coco
House garden nutes with technaflora calmag at 50ppm in ro tank
Temps 77 humidity 62
Tried flushing dimmed lights turned down AC added more cal mag added straight mag nothing worked turn lights back up let heat rise nothing has worked new growth growing in like this
Runoff 950 in 850 out
5.8 in 6.1 out
No bugs incmedium on leaves
2 other strains in room look beautiful help please

Attachments

• 16510225313493092368241020328200.jpg
    16510225313493092368241020328200.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 72
  • 16510225828282591542070948725457.jpg
    16510225828282591542070948725457.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 66
  • 16510226028662606328571420081377.jpg
    16510226028662606328571420081377.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 68

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Oreoz strain in coco
House garden nutes with technaflora calmag at 50ppm in ro tank
Temps 77 humidity 62
Tried flushing dimmed lights turned down AC added more cal mag added straight mag nothing worked turn lights back up let heat rise nothing has worked new growth growing in like this
Runoff 950 in 850 out
5.8 in 6.1 out
No bugs incmedium on leaves
2 other strains in room look beautiful help please
I don't know with coco but a 5.8 pH is a little low for me. Phosphorus will lock up when the pH gets below 6 pH. I would raise it to 6.2 for a while and see if that helps. Good luck😎

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I guess it may be different because we live in different sides of the world, but I always heard that basically the only bug commonly found on cannabis that would have antennae are springtails. You guys may have another bug with antenna tho.
Maybe a starting point. Kinda looks like I see antenna on one of those

NeDank

I can't show you my sick plant because it's dead. Anyone know why a seedling will sometimes sprout then die right away?

Three Berries

I have a couple in flower that were raised on too much Ca and now can't get the pH down. But still producing. Both nute burn and the worst is yellowing.

Last two weeks have been nothing but well or rain, rain as of late to run off but it's stuck at 5.9 pH.. Using some Ca and Mg in a foliar spray. Which perked up the flower tippy tops. Gave me puffier white pistils. But my CO2 is down to normal levels too. And the veg tent to avoid that issue I now have one looking a little yellow. it's always been a runt but been giving more direct light to catch up until the flower is done. It's not near as yellow in the real light as the pic. But the varying leaf colors are there.

GDP3 2022 yellow smallest.jpg

GDP 2 2022  7 weeks.jpg

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
I can't show you my sick plant because it's dead. Anyone know why a seedling will sometimes sprout then die right away?
Damp Off in Seedlings
https://extension.umn.edu/solve-problem/how-prevent-seedling-damping

Damping off is a disease of seedlings​

Seedlings infected by damping off rarely survive to produce a vigorous plant. Quite often a large section or an entire tray of seedlings is killed.

seedling just breaking through soil with web-like fungus growth

Visible damping off fungus growing on an emerging seedling.
Once plants have mature leaves and a well developed root system, they are better able to naturally resist the fungus or mold that causes damping off. There is a critical period of growth between planting and maturity when special care needs to be taken to protect sensitive seedlings.

A wide variety of vegetables and flowers can be affected by damping off. Young leaves, roots and stems of newly emerged seedlings are highly susceptible to infection. Under certain environmental conditions, damping off pathogens can cause root rot or crown rot in mature plants.

The fungi, Rhizoctonia spp. and Fusarium spp., along with the water mold Pythiumspp. are the most common pathogens responsible for damping off.

Ls2003

Hi All! I’m having trouble with powdery mildew so I sprayed a new clone that I’m trying to root with a 1:3 mix of heavy cream and water but now the plant is terribly wilting! I sprayed it pretty heavily so that the leaves were soaked and the mix was dripping off. Could the heavy cream be the cause or the amount I applied or something else? I did it about 12 hours ago and it’s just looking worse 😬