What's new

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

anz

my leaves are turning yellow iv fed them potash and miracle grow plus ive sprayed them with organic pest killer can anyone help

Gold123

my leaves are turning yellow iv fed them potash and miracle grow plus ive sprayed them with organic pest killer can anyone help

Not enough info, what kind name of spray? Did you spray with lights on? That could do it.
tell us more about light wattage and more about the grow. How long, what stage etc...

MojoBobo

2 wk old Sharksbreath problem

2 wk old Sharksbreath problem

Having a bit of trouble with my just 2 week old Sharksbreath. Yellowing edges on bottom growth. Not sure if its over-watering or N def.

MB

What is your experience level? Novice.

Your Equipment:

.1) Type and wattage of lights? One Longstar CFL Full Spectrum 105W.
.2) Distance from tops? approx. 6-8 inches.
.3) Reflector type? Bowl reflector.
.4) Is there a consistent fresh air supply? Yes.
.5) Do you have an exhaust fan and a circulation fan? Both.
.6) What are the bulb wattages, kelvin ratings, and schedule? 105W, 6200 lumens, 5000K, 1250mA, 24/0 schedule.

Your medium:
.7) Specific brand and type of soil, and anything you've added to it. Organic Soil, Sphagnum Moss, Worm Castings, Perlite, and Vermiculite in a 1:1:1:1.5:1.5 blend.
.8) Size of container. Five Gallon.
.9) Did you use peat pucks (or similar) to root clones or germinate seedlings? Yes, Jiffy Pellets.

Your nutrients and water:
10) Source of water? Distilled. What's it's ph before adjusting? 7
11) Method of checking water ph. PH Pen on order.
12) Method of adjusting water ph. Dolomite lime.
13) Specific brand and N-P-K ratio for each bottle. List dosages (quantity per gallon) and current feeding schedule. Fox Farm Big Bloom (as per fox farm feeding schedule insert) 2 tbl/gal once so far only.
14) How often are you watering between feedings, and how much per watering? Water - Feed - Water - Feed, etc. 2 cups per watering.
15) Any additives or tea's? No.
16) Are your ph levels stable, or do they fluctuate? Stable.
17) What is your ingoing water's ph? ...your runoff ph? Don't know either.
18) Do you foliar feed? If so, with what, how often, and at what time do you spray? Yes. Distilled H20 2x daily with excellent ventilation.

Your growroom:
19) Indoors or outdoors? Indoors.
20) What size of closet, room or hut? A Large Converted Uhaul Garment Moving Box. 5'x3'x3'
21) What are the temps and humidity levels while lights are on? ...With lights off? 85 deg. F with 35-38% humidity with lights on. Never had lights off.
22) Have you seen signs of insects in the growroom? Never.

Your strain:
23) What strain are you growing? Sharksbreath Femmed.
24) From seeds or clones? Seed.
25) Is this an autoflower strain? No.

Attachments

• sharksbreath2wks.jpg
    sharksbreath2wks.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 18

anz

the light im using is 600w the plants are 24in gad them 4 9 wks ive jst started to give them 12/12 the spray i used is doff green fingers organic spray i hopethat is nuff info thanx

P

PeroNarko

Hello all, my first post here and it has to be in this topic :fsu:

Anyways here are the info:

How long has this problem been going on? a few days
What STRAIN are you growing? LSD - Barney's Farm
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) seed
What is the age of your plants? 3 weeks from germinating
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? 10 days
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before? yes, very similair mixture
How Tall are the plants? round 25 cm
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? vegetative
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc) first grow, no technique yet ;)
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) 6.5 L/1 plant
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) Humovit universal(
Humovit – universal - Substrate used for replanting and further cultivation of houseplants and balcony plants)
What brand Nutrient's are you using? none yet
How often are you watering? 2-3 days, when the soil dries up 1 finger deep into it
What size bulb are you using? 200w CFL 6400K
How old is your bulbs? new
What is the distance to the canopy? 30 cm
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity) round 50%
What is the canopy temperature? 20
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range) 15-25
What is the current Air Flow? good ventilation(plants are in open place)
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? standing fan
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? yes but its far away so mild breeze is catching the plants (12-18h runtime)
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? dry to moist
Is your water HARD or SOFT? more soft than hard
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? Purified water out of ALKALIFE machine, it should have pH7

Are you using water from a water softener?
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? no
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? none
Are plant's infected with pest's?
no

well there were the info, time to get to some pics:

The leaves first started to twist the sides up and later bending the leaf tips down, also they look like they're drying up :thinking:
They arent changing any colors yet...
Please tell me if they need some nutes or what seems to be the problem... Maybe the light is too close to them? cuz only upper leaves are fckd up...

Thanks in advance, have fun!

psychodelicbob

Hey Gypsy (or whoever might like to take this on)

HYDROPONICS:

What STRAIN are you growing? Sativa Dominant
What was the establishing technique? (Were the seed or clone?) Seed
What is the age of your plants? 3 weeks into flower
What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?
What Technique are you using?
What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.) Nutrafield coco bricks
What is the Nutrient temperature? 19.5 C
What Nutrient's are you using? GH 6/9 (Rez formula)
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using? E.C. = 1.2 max
What is the pH of the "Tank"? 5.5 - 6.0 (mainly around 5.8)
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equiptment? Yes
When was your last watering? Water every day
When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional) Recently changed back from 1 week of adding 7ml koolbloom 0/10/10 to 6/9
What size bulb are you using? 400W cooltube
What is the distance to the canopy? 12 inches
What is your RH Factor? 60 - 80%
What is the canopy temperature? 28 C
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range)15 - 28 C
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? No
Is your water HARD or SOFT? 50/50 distilled/tap 0.35 E.C
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched No
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? No
Are plant's infected with pest's 1 or 2 gnats

Bottom fan leaves pale green/yellow with most discoloration in veins which are almost white (unlike magnesium def), slowly moving up plant...

M

michaeljordan

Here's a challenge

Here's a challenge

This has baffled pretty much everyone who has seen it. pH is fine, checked today.

600 Watt HPS
Shoreline Variety

- 3rd grow, Shoreline has been great, but many problems emerging.
- In soil blend- perlite, compost, kelp meal, rice hulls, pine bark mulch, canadian peat
- Cloned, in clone maker at 150 ppm Olivia's cloning solution under 250W Metal Halide
- Transplanted to small pot with seed starting mix.
- Nutes with 10-10-2 seabird at 300 ppm every week when transplanted into 3 gallon pots and vegged for 4 weeks.
- Just switched to 12/12 5 days ago, about when the symptoms started.
- Leaves curl up at the edges like a mag deficiency - and others bend over or curl like too much nutes - Purple stems.
- Flushed with pH'd water, Cal Mag, and a little earth juice - has gotten worse.
- Afraid to feed them Guano that is 1-10-1 because I think this might be over feeding.

Should I go ahead and hit them with the phosphorus?

Attachments

• 100_1750.jpg
    100_1750.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_1751.jpg
    100_1751.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_1752.jpg
    100_1752.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_1747.jpg
    100_1747.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 20
M

michaeljordan

havent been spraying anything harsh have you MJ?

Nope Liquid, I haven't. thanks for taking a look. They were never totally healthy... waited as long as I could. you should see them now! I should cut them down. :comfort: I'm going to flush them one last time, and pray to god the clones i got off of them will be okay.

Now I'm looking for advice on transplanting clones from a mister to soil...

2Lazy

Possibe cal-mag issues related to potassium or sodium salt excess due to pH imbalance

Possibe cal-mag issues related to potassium or sodium salt excess due to pH imbalance

HYDROPONICS/Coco/

How long has this problem been going on? 10 days or so
Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? No
What system are you running? Coco top feed 5x per week
What STRAIN are you growing? GHS Lemon Skunk, Nvna Blue Mystic, DNA SharksBreath & Cole Train
What was the establishing technique? Fem'd Seed
What is the age of your plants? Approx. 60 days
How long have they been in there mixture they are in now? Transplanted to 3 gal smart pots about 30 days ago
How tall are the plants? Between 24" and 36"
What PHASE are the plants in? Flowering 17 days
What Technique are you using? LST/Scrog/Fimm
What substrate/medium are you using? Botanicare Coco Grow and GH CocoTek
What is the Water temperature? Room temp of night cycle, 70 degrees
What color are your roots? White
What Nutrient's are you using? Canna: Coco A&B, Rhizotonic, CannaZym. Botanicare: Cal-Mag Plus. Organicare: Calplex, Huvega, Humega, Seaplex. Humboldt Nutrients: Deuce-Deuce.
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? Have been running 9-10 ml of coco A&B, 6ml Cannazym, 8ml Cal-Mag+, 20-25ml Huvega, 20-25ml Humega, 2ml Deuce-Deuce, with a weekly 5ml of seaplex. No longer running rhizotonic or calplex.
How often are you feeding? 5x per week (occasional day off)
How often are you giving nutrients? Every feeding
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? Haven't, don't need to with coco
What order are you mixing your nutrients? Coco A, Coco B, CannaZym, Humega, Huvega, Cal-Mag+, Deuce-Deuce. Balance for 30 minutes then pH down with GH phosphoric. Settle overnight, balance again in morning.
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using Unfortunately I don't know. I assume it's around a 1.5 EC when I use tap and a 1.3 EC when I use RO.
What is the pH of the "Tank"? 5.5 for veg. Slowly brought it up in response to the issue to 6.0 at current.
How often are you testing your pH/PPM/EC/TDS? Calibrated 2 weeks ago. After 4 months it calibrated perfectly without need for tinkering.
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equipment? Si.
When was your last watering? This morning about 1 hour after lights on.
What is your water temps? This has been asked...
When was your last feeding change? Today I stopped using Deuce-Deuce. CannaZym was most recent addition (0-2-1 formula) at around 20 days ago.
How often do you clean your system: example: Flush out water replace with clean water and nutrients? Never. Coco is built to hold a nutrient buffer. I have decided not to wash out this buffer.
What size bulb are you using? 1000w Metal Halide
How old is the bulbs you are using? 30 days
What is the distance to the canopy? 24" to 36" (5'x6' canopy)
What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)? 50% to 60%
What is the canopy temperature? Slow, 12 hour incline from 70 to 80.
What is the Day/Night Temp? Avg dark is 68 and average high is 78
What is the current Air Flow? 400 CFM to 440 CFM. Hydrofarm 6" incline, 6" insulated ducting. 6" Cool Sun reflector. 6" Organicair Carbon Fiber filter.
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? Always running exhaust fan, passive intake (inside door left open during the day), during night time fan is dialed down using a hydrofarm controller to the lowest setting (200CFM or so probably). Using 3 oscillating 16" fans on medium about 2 feet from plants and aimed just over the canopy.
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? Not usually.
Is your water HARD or SOFT? Soft
What water are you using? Usually tap water left out for 24 to 48 hours. Sometimes RO water (when I've forgotten to refill my jugs the night before)
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap? I just got the water report for my area. Since I can't test it myself I trust their EC which was just under 0.2.
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives? Assuming it's really close to 0. Glacier RO filtered.
Are you using water from a water softener? No
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched? Not the plants that are having issues. The other ones have though and they are fine.
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? None.
Are plant's infected with pest's? No.

Okay, so what's going on with four of my plants is what I'm assuming is related to an earlier pH issue, which caused a potassium deficiency in the plants. I was stupid one morning and fed some of my plants unbalanced solution (pH of about 6.5) so then I took the remaining solution and balanced it to about 5.2 and used that to finish with. I was high...

Prior to all this I've been running Deuce-Deuce (0-0-22) at about 2ml per gallon because my plants love that potassium (especially the Cole Train).

So I ignorantly up my Deuce-Deuce to about 6ml per gallon for the next feeding after seeing the potassium issue crop up. This fixes the K+ lock-out, but it adds to the salt problem in the media because I'm using a 5.5 or 5.6 pH.

About as soon as I fix the potassium issue the magnesium issue presents itself. It was slow at first, and just within the last 4 or 5 days has it gotten bad enough for me to ask for some support here.

As soon as I recognized it as Mg issue, and I did some research on potassium and magnesium competing for uptake, and more reading on the availability of each in certain pH ranges. 3 nights ago I used about 750ml of an epsom salt solution on the two plants which are having the worst time.

My thoughts here are that I need more Mg. I've been running Huvega at damn near the max suggested, and I'm going through gallons of the shit. I've looked online and found that there is a bunch of sodium in Huvega and twice the amount of calcium to magnesium. So perhaps I have a sodium issue, and perhaps the chlorides from my tap water have built to a critical level.

Then again... My sharksbreath and two of my Blue Mystics are having problems. I ran out of Botanicare cocogro when I was transplanting to 3 gallon planters and had to run out to get more. All they had was the GH cocotek, and I just expanded and planted it without ever using it. I didn't flush it at all, and my concern is that this coco is crappy and full of salt. This could be contributing to my issue.

So currently I'm hoping it was just a potassium excess resulting from my stupid ass responding to a pH lockout. If it is, then all I need to do is keep my Magnesium levels high and allow the plant to sort things out in the media over time. If it isn't, and things continue to get bad then I'll flush and rebuild the buffer.

Any advice, thoughts, suggestions (or compliments) are very welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_1434.jpg
    IMG_1434.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1473.jpg
    IMG_1473.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1476.jpg
    IMG_1476.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1433.jpg
    IMG_1433.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 21

2Lazy

Has it been long enough for me to bitch about not being in the:
"50+ page thread" clique there is here?

Seems like if I'm not "friends" with someone I can't get a lick of help here.

Either that or I really am invisible. Read the quote, never has one been so true.

BIG

Hi, foaf has a big problem, on a couple of plants the buds that are about a month old started to rot, how can he get rid of it, before everything rots, humidity is from 70 to 80%
but the fan is always on, should he buy another fan ?

iza-cained

bugs..

bugs..

i got a worm/maggot type pest that has just started to get in my tent. my friend has a tent next to mine and is riddled with spider mites.. does any one know what these worm things are? they are an orange colour and a big compared to a mite.. how can i also get rid of them?

potluck808

dont know if i should be concerned, this is my first solo grow. i flushed her yesterday, ph in was 5.8, ph out was 6.8.

photoub.jpg

-Problem has been going on for 5 days. clawing, then praying. inconsistent color on leaves
-One plant in 12'x11' room
-Hand watering 18gal container
-Unknown strain
-Grown from seed
-Approximately 3 months old
-Two months in sunshine no 4, coco coir as seedlings
-3 feet tall
-Flowering stage
-LST? (I bent the top to fit my space), organic soilless
-Sunshine no. 4
-Water temp is 75F
-Transplant two weeks ago, roots are white to off-white
-Age old organics as nutrients
-Following package instructions, approximately two tsp grow/bloom, one tsp kelp, 1/2 tsp myco per gallon
-Fed when watered every four to six days, or as top two inches of soil becomes dry
-Feeding at every watering
-Mixing grow/bloom first, kelp second, myco third, then PH adjustment
-Switched to bloom when light schedule switched, 1/2 bloom, 1/2 grow for the first feeding
-Approximately 1200 PPM nute solution
-Runoff PH at 7.1
-Runoff tested when problems arise, nute solution pH'd every time!
-Equipment is calibrated
-Added myco two weeks ago
-Haven't flushed since halfway through veg
-600w HPS
-Brand new bulb
-Light is 25 inches from canopy
-RH is 40-50%
-Canopy temp is 75F - 81F
-Night temps 65F - 73F
-450 CFM
-Fan pulls air from directly above canopy through reflector to outside, fan also pulls from veg room 10 feet away, also three room fans
-Fans are not directly on plants
-Water is at 250PPM out of filter
-Carbon block filter
-No water softener
-Took three very small clones off of her a week ago
-After attracting some leaf munchers while sunning outside, I sprayed her down with NEEM oil about a month ago
-No visible signs of pests since

im new to these internets so thanks for your patience as i learn some manners around here.

2Lazy

Does anyone WITHOUT sick plants EVER come in here to help?

NOO!!!!

I've been waiting a long ass time for an answer.

Potluck808: If you really want an answer take your question over to a city of grass forum and ask there. That community actually helps. This place is just for the "clique" and their inaccessible 80 page threads.

E

emerald city

Does anyone WITHOUT sick plants EVER come in here to help?

NOO!!!!

I've been waiting a long ass time for an answer.

Potluck808: If you really want an answer take your question over to a city of grass forum and ask there. That community actually helps. This place is just for the "clique" and their inaccessible 80 page threads.
Took me a few days but i read the whole post...My question is the same as yours......Lots of folks have put in much time trying to explain thier particular problems ,looking for help......Is this still the place to seek assistance from a wise garden guru or has this thread turned into the land of misfits toys or questions that knowone wants to deal with.???? :ying: e.c/out

basementdweller

ok well this is my first post here. so where to start i am using a aero garden, growing barneys farms Acapulco Gold from seeds. my first plant is doing great about 7" high with it 3rd set of 5 coming out about a month old, i have not toped it yet. I wanted to let the 4th node come out and get a little growth out of it, so i can try and clone it. So it 3 wks old just did first reservoir change cause i use the tablets fert that came with the aerogarden and i started to see a little nute burn and i also used my tap water and it had ph of 6.8 and it real hard, but i read thats not good for the plants. So i did reservoir change and I used distill h20 and a liquid fert from ag but only 1/2 strength of it.

Any how so i was reading yesterday, when using distilled h20 u have to use cal mag supplements. Well i am getting some yellowing of the older fan leave and kinda of a motted look to the next set up fan leave, is this due to a cal/mag deficency ?? the newest growth doesnt have and look to it yet since doing the reservoir change. I wanted to have two moms, so i grew a second seedling and this one i put tad rooting harmone on the tap root and then into the ag seed pod sponge. Its on it 1st set of 5 fan leaves and 3wks old and i noticed a little brusing at the sponge root/ stem line. I am assuming the sponge was riding up to high and starting to rot the stem out, so i removed about a 3/8" of the top of the sponge. Hoping the rot will stop and grow over but its growth compared the the first one is appearing slower. Is there anything i can do to help my little girl out ?? Could i cut the stem and try and root it again ?? i plan to move them into a net pot and hydroton and go dwc with air pump & stone, and h2o pump, misters and sprayers. Just got to finish my grow room up. i have plans to do a flood table and reservoir, but in there i will go to a 100 watt MH flood. I am ordering General Hydroponics micro/ grow/ and bloom also getting American Agritech - Cal-Mag Plus. should i get any thing else as far as any root additives for the reservoir or bud enhancers i only got 2 seeds left and want to have a decent harvest this fall =) my fiancee and i are expecting out first in Nov and i want to have some superdooper to celebrate with. this is my second grow inside, first with hydro/bubbles =) Ps, I have a 250watt hps that i will start combining with the MH to Veg/ flower under. barneys says 70 - 75 Days to flower so when do i start 12/12 ? i am running my aero lights 24/0 / H20 temp is 78/ Ph is now 6.0 . I do want to veg the first one out and take some clones for my next harvest but i do plan to budd my mom this cycle too.

Latest posts

Latest posts