What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

sirsmokesallot1

hey man thanks sooo fuckin much u helped alot and if possible im going to write ur sn down so next time if i have a prob maybe i could just ask u directly

sirsmokesallot1

ok so i was wondering...even know its late in flower if i use the water u suggested could i still have an increase in my bud size? also im using tiger bloom and big bloom and snow storm ultra...can u maybe give me a good guideline for how much to use? and also what shold my ph of my water be? and if i raise or lower it with nutes and i lower it with ph down or raise it with ph up does that affect the nutes in the water or change anything or is that what u are supposed to do? also one last thing i been having a problem with is cloning...one of my largest plants started as an unknown and it seemed to flower on its own late into veg even tho i never switched to 12/12...not just a couple pistols but more than i have seen on any other plant i ever have grown...well neways thats the plant i was using for a mother and out of all the clones i have taken they mostly root but the problem is after two weeks in cloning tray with root temp at 78 degrees and in a plasic dome (basicly following every instruction on cloning i ever saw) but after two weeks some roots are there but after transplanting it seems like they never jump into veg like they are supposed to...and all have signs of flowering and i transplanted into 2 gal containers..im using ocean forest soil with no veg nutes to start off cause the soil is so good and im using a 400 watt mh and it just seems like they grew soooo slow that i finally said fuck it and threw them in the flowering room and now they took off and stretched but doesnt look like there is allot of potential for buding....also i have done a couple harvest but am still obviously a beginer but one thing i noticed is that everytime i have seen somones harvest and the two times i harvested my buds looked very good but had a very grassey smell unlike anything else...to the point were i have realized i can always tell someone who grew some thereself becuase of that smell...i was wondering what are the most imporant factors that make ur bud reak like skunk? is it curing...is it genetics? the reason i say genetics is because my first couple grows i never bought good genetics i just grew some reg seeds out a bad of good regs i had and made it sensi...but ya was wondeing if anyone knew why it always has that smell and what the most important factors are in getting big buds and flavor and smell....one other question is what week into flowering do u typicly see the biggest swelling of the bud and most resin production? because im goin to put some pics on here of my flowering plants i told u bout but my big ones are almost four feet and i just dont think the buds are nearly as big as they could be but im only bout six weeks into flowering so i dont know if they could still grow allot expecially sense i was now going to use the right water....sorry so many questions but im obsessed wit bein the best someday and learning as much as i can...is there any good way to learn the more advanced grow information? a good book or video? once again thanks

Gold123

ok so i was wondering...even know its late in flower if i use the water u suggested could i still have an increase in my bud size? also im using tiger bloom and big bloom and snow storm ultra...can u maybe give me a good guideline for how much to use? and also what shold my ph of my water be? and if i raise or lower it with nutes and i lower it with ph down or raise it with ph up does that affect the nutes in the water or change anything or is that what u are supposed to do? also one last thing i been having a problem with is cloning...one of my largest plants started as an unknown and it seemed to flower on its own late into veg even tho i never switched to 12/12...not just a couple pistols but more than i have seen on any other plant i ever have grown...well neways thats the plant i was using for a mother and out of all the clones i have taken they mostly root but the problem is after two weeks in cloning tray with root temp at 78 degrees and in a plasic dome (basicly following every instruction on cloning i ever saw) but after two weeks some roots are there but after transplanting it seems like they never jump into veg like they are supposed to...and all have signs of flowering and i transplanted into 2 gal containers..im using ocean forest soil with no veg nutes to start off cause the soil is so good and im using a 400 watt mh and it just seems like they grew soooo slow that i finally said fuck it and threw them in the flowering room and now they took off and stretched but doesnt look like there is allot of potential for buding....also i have done a couple harvest but am still obviously a beginer but one thing i noticed is that everytime i have seen somones harvest and the two times i harvested my buds looked very good but had a very grassey smell unlike anything else...to the point were i have realized i can always tell someone who grew some thereself becuase of that smell...i was wondering what are the most imporant factors that make ur bud reak like skunk? is it curing...is it genetics? the reason i say genetics is because my first couple grows i never bought good genetics i just grew some reg seeds out a bad of good regs i had and made it sensi...but ya was wondeing if anyone knew why it always has that smell and what the most important factors are in getting big buds and flavor and smell....one other question is what week into flowering do u typicly see the biggest swelling of the bud and most resin production? because im goin to put some pics on here of my flowering plants i told u bout but my big ones are almost four feet and i just dont think the buds are nearly as big as they could be but im only bout six weeks into flowering so i dont know if they could still grow allot expecially sense i was now going to use the right water....sorry so many questions but im obsessed wit bein the best someday and learning as much as i can...is there any good way to learn the more advanced grow information? a good book or video? once again thanks

Wow, OK, you said soil so I assume it's not coco. pH 6.5. Adjusting pH will not hurt the nuts, but ph balance for you last step. Not familiar with your nutees , but follow their directions, most companies will help you if you give them a call, if no phone# on the bottles google them. You might be transplanting too soon, wait for a lot of roots to show, you didn't say what your rooting them in, but if rapid rooter's you need to see plenty of roots, also don't directly into a 2 gal pot. You need to start with maybe a 4" pot and work your way up. Wait for a root ball to develop before you transplant. When you water a 2 gal with no root mass in it, it will stay wet on the bottom too long and the roots at top can starve or you can develop root rot. These things hinder growth.
Skunk smell, of coarse all bud was grown by someone. Smell could be your strain, do you flush last 2 weeks?

Respawner

Hey!

Woke up this morning and noticed some yellowing going on on one of the babies:

Its been around 9 days since it popped up from the soil and has been in an 8cm square pot all of its short life. I thought it was some kind of nute deficiency so I decided to transplant them into their final homes, the 3 litre airpots, when I discovered that it was alot dryer in there than I thought it would be. Could it be that the plant couldn't take up the nutes properly due to underwatering or maybe the soil simply was emptied from nutes?

Well, 9 hours after transplanting the plant it looks even worse:

And another plant is also starting to feel sick:

I have not fed them anything and I have my water PH checked but not my soil since I didn't think it necessary as I am using a soil brand that is widely used (and always recommended by experienced growers) for growing herb. Any ideas what this could be?

cpliny

reputation_pos.gif

Lush growth, small colas
:thinking: My plants have deep green unblemished leaves, huge fan leaves, very sturdy and vigorous looking. Sounds good, right? Unfortunately, it looks as if my flower colas are petering out at a very small size. The pistils are turning brown and it seems like they are shutting down. The flower bases are frosted with trichromes, pretty tightly packed, the leaves are pretty dense with trichromes, pretty resinous. BUT, not much more than 3-4" size of cola. Well more than half the pistils are brown now. I have grown in 1/gal pots, used schulzes organic indoor potting soil, using a total of about 450W spiral compact flourescent lights for about 6 square feet in my closet. I have been watering with pond water from my koi pond out back. Vegetative was mostly 6500K, and flowering more toward 2700K. Food was Peter's orchid food, 30-10-10 for vegetative, and when flowering started about 10days after going to 12/12, switched to schultz's 10-15-10. Towards the end there was some clawing of the leaves, so I stopped feeding., maybe 10 days ago. There has been no discoloration of the leaves. They are deep green. There have been a few fungus gnats, and I have been using mosquito dunkers, but the gnats have been minor. So Please can somebody tell me why my colas seem ready to harvest, but are so small? Should I not harvest and wait it out? I have fertilized the lower flowers about 5-7 days ago.Did that abort the process? . This is the setup early on.
Here is a family portrait a week or so ago.

Here is one of the flowers. A week or so later, most of the pistils are turning brown, as if they should be harvested, but no cola is more than about 4 inches long!
:watchplant:

J

JohnGault

How can you fert just the lower flowers?

Plants look fine to me. Pistils grow, turn brown, and are replaced by new ones all during the flowering phase.

JG

smokey84

plants wilting

plants wilting

hey im new to this site an kinda new to growing got 2 grows under my belt,i have some clones that i took about 5 weeks ago they have rooted well an have been growing fine for the last couple weeks but the last 2 times i watered them they wilt pretty bad after about 10 min an about 6 hours later they look fine again.i thought it could have been overwatering but i wait till the top 5cm of soil is dry,then i thought underwatering but they only wilt after i water them.could it be that they might be root bound.

scowy

why am i not getting the height with my plants ?? there 2-3 weeks into flower and there aprprox 1/half ft max. the buds that have grown are looking healthy enough i just always seem to grow dwarf plants. im using 2 600w hps in a tent , i have a huge carbon filter , a good extractor and there on a flood n drain. canna a n b pk boost . 50% of my plants this time are also yellow. my light is apx 1 ft away from canopy ,,,,, ant thoughts ppl

Last edited:

Gold123

why am i not getting the height with my plants ?? there 2-3 weeks into flower and there aprprox 1/half ft max. the buds that have grown are looking healthy enough i just always seem to grow dwarf plants. im using 2 600w hps in a tent , i have a huge carbon filter , a good extractor and there on a flood n drain. canna a n b pk boost . 50% of my plants this time are also yellow. my light is apx 1 ft away from canopy ,,,,, ant thoughts ppl

How long did you veg? Whats the pH? MH buld for veg may help.

Soil Pesticide

Soil Pesticide

Guys is there any soil pesticide I can apply into my pots? My plants are 20 days of 12/12 and I have fungus gnats, Symphlids and some small nematodes. don't know if they are nematodes for sure or if they are first stage of fungus gnats.

Gold123

Guys is there any soil pesticide I can apply into my pots? My plants are 20 days of 12/12 and I have fungus gnats, Symphlids and some small nematodes. don't know if they are nematodes for sure or if they are first stage of fungus gnats.

Try here; everything you ever wanted to know about fungus Gnats. Too much to answer in one paragraph.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=1745
You can try here too.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=115940

Conclusions:
!. Mosquito dunks or mosquito bits
2. Diatomaceous earth
3. Gnatrol (if you can find it)

scowy

How long did you veg? Whats the pH? MH buld for veg may help.

ph is 5.6-5.8 veg for 7 weeks , i have 6 on the go and another head fuck is that 4 of them are short but commin on nice , big fat sticky buds , and the other 2 are almost fully yellow , buds n all :( dont understand this . there all together in same tent . all on the same flood n drain // HELPPPPP

jamrock

white leaves

white leaves

I have a white leaf problem. What can I do?

Jamrock

Attachments

• white leaves.jpg
    white leaves.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 16
Hi, please help my plant, it has been in veg stage for 6 weeks and a problem occured, some brown spots appeared on plant's leaves and leaves are yellowish. I suspect heat stress (fan was broken and temperature was very high for 3 days) and N deficiency (I didn't give it any fertilizer) but it's my first grow and I have little experience.
I have also checked pH of runoff water and it's around 8 (I used GHE drops) so maybe it's defeciency of a microelement (Fe?)
I send pictures of the most damaged leaf.
:thank you:

http://img693.imageshack.us/i/dscn8946.jpg/
http://img249.imageshack.us/i/dscn8942f.jpg/

djstan

hey im new to this site an kinda new to growing got 2 grows under my belt,i have some clones that i took about 5 weeks ago they have rooted well an have been growing fine for the last couple weeks but the last 2 times i watered them they wilt pretty bad after about 10 min an about 6 hours later they look fine again.i thought it could have been overwatering but i wait till the top 5cm of soil is dry,then i thought underwatering but they only wilt after i water them.could it be that they might be root bound.
I'm in the same boat as you man. Literally about the same experience and problems. What did you put the clones into? Jiffy pellets/rockwool/straight dirt/dwc? Something else? I found that my rockwool cubes held onto moisture way better than soil and it took a while for it to dry. I was also told it could possibly be my pH, but I'm still not sold on it, since my soil should have buffered it just fine. Oh, and I was also advised not to spray the plant at all on the leaves while it's in that condition. I'm no expert and my words should not be viewed as such, just letting you know I'm with you!
Here's my question: what the hell is this? It's a plant I had shacked up in a buddy's closet with all his fucking nasty dirty clothes. He also has a cat, but I don't think it got to the plant at all. I can't find any bug chewing patterns that look similar to this. The yellow spot is what throws me off the most though. It seems to produce more cracks in the leaves every day, and the edges don't brown, they gray >.<
anyways, heres direct link pics since theyre hueg:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/djstan/Smoke/2010-05-24093547.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/djstan/Smoke/2010-05-24093554.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/djstan/Smoke/2010-05-24093617.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/djstan/Smoke/2010-05-24093746.jpg

I'm just at a loss for wtf this is.

MicroGro

Here's my contribution:
Strain: unknown WW cross of somekind
medium: Fox Farm Ocean and perlite 80-20
nutes: Fox Farm Big Bloom every feeding (4Tblsp per gallon)
light: 3 42 watt CFL
stage: flower (3 weeks of 12/12) placed in bloom box at 3" tall
She's in a micro grow the box is pretty small and the problem seems to be contained to the flower box only. The moms in the veg box look healthy.

Attachments

• IMG_4229.jpg
    IMG_4229.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 21
  • P5310029.jpg
    P5310029.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 21
  • P5310023.jpg
    P5310023.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 22
  • P5310026.jpg
    P5310026.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 27

geekedup

Help please I dont know whats wrong

1. Im growing in a ebb and flo system the ph is 5.8 I have a few plants in soil to I dont know the ph if someone could please tell me a good tester to get

2. I thought it was spider mites at first sprayed and put hot shot in the growroom

3. I boosted my feedings up Im using advanced nutrients

4. How long does it take for this to clear up

5. There in there 2nd week of flowering

6. I have cut off alot of dead leaves

7. I have super silver hawiian snow white widow and disel

8. My room temp is at 80 my humidity is 60

9. The grow room is 8/4 feet Im using 3 120 L.E.Ds and 7 cfls that are 64 watts = 300

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 18
  • 110.jpg
    110.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 106.jpg
    106.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 21

mjj

hi i wanted to know what can be done in a situation like this:
soil:potting soil
plants: lowrider auto flowering
time: about 20 days since seeding
climate:Mediterranean
additional feeding: none (except dried grass + worm casting on top)
kept inside at night just below a roof window, put outside in the daytime
the plants (hopefully) are going to be transplanted outdoor in the ground when judged ready

the first plant in question got all brownish and thin on the stem just over ground level.
before i noticed it it had dry grass mixed with worm castings on top of the soil.
actions taken: removing dry grass, adding potting soil to cover the infamous bit of the stem and a bit more..
[EDIT]
today it got transplanted to a new pot with new earth.. let's hope it didn't do even more damage.. there didn't seem to be any rotted roots but there weren't many anyway
[/EDIT]

the second plant in question seems to be less bad but still is a bit concerning:
the new leaves are all strange..
action taken: removing the dried grass

note: there are more plants that are just fine and have been treated quite the same.. the grass hasn't been removed on them

i looked on the internet, reading various guides but didn't find anything that i could match to those problems..
could anyone give advice on these problems?

Last edited:

Protea

I have the same problem as you Microgro. and i cant figure it out either. i am just flushing whit r/o water, and giving mild nutes. but pleas let me know if you find out what is wrong.

NLR

Dear Expert Growers
I have two MMJ plants growing outside. Their names are Eddie and Patsy.
Eddie is a Sativa dominate Island Sweet Skunk. Her home is a mix of Sunshine mix, 4 bags Ocean Forest soil, half bag Vermiculite and Perlite, half bag of Mexican Bat Guano.
I don’t remember what Patsy is but I do know she is Indicia dominate. She was labeled “MET” at the dispensary. Patsy’s home is nearly the same except I used Promix instead of Sunshine.
Eddie seems to be having some being eaten issues and they both seem a bright green in the middle. Is that normal?
Here's Eddy

Eddie_A.jpg

Eddie_B.jpg

Here's Patsy:

Pasty.JPG

Patsy_1.JPG

Thanks for your help!!!:wave:

A serious noob,
NLR

Latest posts

Latest posts