What's new

Lets have a death star thread! Come on in!

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Death Star was one of the best strains I've ever had out of the hundreds. It is the perfect Sour Diesel Hybrid - it just takes what is incredible about sour diesel to such a new level. And it's a little bit more relaxed - not couchlock (at reasonable doses) but puts you in that perfect state.

Hopefully one day i will be able to track down cuts =] But I have to agree - this is AAA+ dank all the way...

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Organicfanatic- Those are some tasty looking nugs. Ive heard of the shwartz but never smoked it. Used to run the affy, very unique calyxes and resin production, high yield if done right. Great outta the volcano. The one thing i just cant get over is those DANK ASS Dubstar nuggets!!! They have deep red hairs like the dstar, and buds are purple and look like pre 98 nugs for sure. Ive never heard of this strain. I have both cuts so maybe i will make s1's. Ive never heard of Illudium either. Im a couple hours away from the cbus scene, so i dont get to see everything that floats around. Make your 50 posts man!! haha

Very cool thread smurfin'herb, here's my Deathstar cut @ Day 70. She was a runt that was completely overshadowed by a huge Afghani Mango and suffered some nute burn early in flower.
picture.php

picture.php

That Dubstar does look like some badass smoke! I would love to try her out. Here's some Pre-98 Bubba Kush @ 70 days
picture.php

picture.php

She was next to my Deathstar under giant Afghani Mango colas lol. Deathstar and Chemdawg D are my two favorite smokes right now. I was running the Indiana Bubblegum cut for a while until I lost her and my ECSD cut a few months ago. I miss that Bubblegum, it wasn't the most potent but definitely a treat. Here's some Chemdawg D this smoke is dank! You can see a bud of Afghani Mango in the background.
picture.php

O

organic_fanatic

Is the Indiana Bubblegum cut you guys are talking about Sativa or Indica dom??

I am also running what I was told is Indiana Bubblegum. Sativa dominant, super frosty and sticky nugs, and smells like skunky bazooka bubblegum. I've been told by a few heads on some other forums that the real Indiana Bubblegum cut is Indica dom, smells like grape bubblegum, and grows basically one large main cola. I also am pretty sure this also is the bubblegum Mosca used in his IBG x OTM cross.

Nice nugs Mr. Anderson!

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
The indiana gum in is indica dom and has short fat maple/buckeye leaves. Smells like candy. I never really got huge colas from her, but decent yield. Very resin coated.
I have compared photos with lots of people with this strain and i have come to believe that the cut i am talking about is the original.

skyhigh35

indianajones is the lavender still floatin around? ive been rockin the purp (lavender x affy) goin on 6yrs now.

organic fanatic, that dubstar looks tasty man!!!

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well glad to announce.......

The Death Star cut has found its way to me! The offcial for sure! I cannot wait to this girl rooted and going full speed ahead. Woot

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Awesome PK!!!!! Im so glad for ya. Just hope you can make some room as i know your are pretty set at the moment. Hold on to this cut dude, your will never let it leave your side as long as you live.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
I was also wondering if anyone knew more about the sensi star pheno that they used to make deathstar.

Was it hand selected, or was it a well circulated cut?

Paradise released sensi star in 95 and then re released a new "worked" line in 97... Which one did this sensi star originate from?

I would only imagine the TDS team would be the only people with the answer... If you could help that would be great. Thx.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is the pre95 sensi star cut, I have it. I am 100% sure. In descriptions of the cut used it is dead on pre95. Also, my friend juts ran jedi kush aka deathstar og, he found a couple phenos leaning heavy sensi star and they were def the byproduct of the pre95 sensi star. I know have jedi kush aka deathstar og, 3 packs of newer sensi star seeds, the ecsd, the pre95 sensi star, and 5 different males pollens of jedi kush, oh and the deathstar. Hmmmm wtf should I do......I would bet my nutsack they used the pre95. Thanks Smurfin! I already love it, actually just got a quarter of deathstar day after I got the cut, only my second time smoking it, love it as much as the first time.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Thanks for the input pk. Is it a 8-9 wk indica dom pheno, or the rarer 10-11 sativa pheno? Where did ya find a description for the pheno that was used?

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Thanks for the input pk. Is it a 8-9 wk indica dom pheno, or the rarer 10-11 sativa pheno? Where did ya find a description for the pheno that was used?

I've never been aware of multiple pheno's of it. The deathstar pk has is a 10-11 weeker. Usually picked at 75 days 12/12! Runs nice right beside ecsd!:tiphat:

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Blaze I think what Smurfin is asking about is the sensi star. Smurfin I did a general search on a search engine, I might have saved the link but what I did do is save the quote. Of course everything you read on the internet isn't true. I stashed this quote away as it backed up what I was alreayd thinking.

"The DeathStar is a hybrid of a very special ECSD crossed to a rare phenotype of Sensi Star, from Paradise's original stock (before they re-released it). It is known for having tight internodes, light stretch, and forms rock hard, golf-ball like nugs."

The sensi I hyave is the 95 sensi star, it came form southern, MI not to far form Ohio and the Deathstar's stomping grounds. It has light stretch, very tight internodes, and ROCK hard golf ball nugs is an understatement.

After seeing my friends different phenos of Jedi Kush aka Deathstar OG I was 1 million% sure it is the 95 sensi star. A couple of his phenoes were a dead match in smell smoke and looks, it couldn't be any closer and that is why I have bet my nut sack, just my way of saying I am very sure.

Here is the 95 sensi star, she is great for sleep. She runs 8-9 weeks. Late flower/harvest she smells like sour elmers glue. After a good cure she is not sour at all, semi perfumey, hard to really say exactly what smell she has. Budrot is a factor with her. I am actually harvesting a crop of her today and last week and this week. My last round in the 4K RDWC room. Note to self, lolipop her, she doesn't nug up to the bottom.

This is day 53, my first time running her.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

O

organic_fanatic

I'm pretty sure they used the turpentine pheno to make the DStar. Not 100%, but pretty sure.

@PK--The pheno you're describing sounds very similar to the one I'm talking about.

A few of us over at the Skunk forums are trying to recreate the Deathstar in seed form. LOL so far we have the DStar cut, male and female Sensi Stars (turpentine pheno female), Female Sour D (same cut that was used to make the original, workin on getting a male Sour D from a friend as we speak), a very nice Sour D s1, and original Diesel AKA Daywrecker. I think that's all of em.

Should be interesting to see what we can come out with. There are a few peeps putting their heads together on this one.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Thx for clearing that up PK. I was asking about the sensi star. By looking at the pics, i can def see some dstar traits. Got any picks of jedi kush phenos?

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RangerRick has some in his album, but I am unsure of what phenos he has photos of. I will try and see if he can hook us up witht he sensi leaning phenos. His sensi phenos were a dead ringer of the plant I have. As for the good blended phenos, deathstar and og, the flavor is insane and rivals with the DS. CC seeds did a good job, all the phenos have something special going on.

Organic fanatic- for real I know, that was my intentions as well was to recreat her for myself since I couldn't get a hold of the DS cut. I imagine DS was found from a handful of seeds caused by the ecsd dropping nanners on the sensi. Maybe they actually bread it out and selected it, but my guess it they stumbled upon it from some bag seeds. I will reverse the ecsd soon and slap her on the sensi and see what comes up. I am thinking about taking the jedi kush pollen and starting a bx of the DS as well.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
i also heard it was unintentional. Some of the best cuts out there are that way tho. At least they realized what they had, and decided to get it into seed form.

yeah that sensi star cutting was in production circulation in ohio for some time
i remember that was some of the first super good herb i could get consistently.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
That stuff owned the ledges for years and i could have got the cut any time back in the day. Now i cant find it anywhere. A buddy said he grew it years back and claimed it was frostier than the death star. Wish i could sample this sensi star cut... even if it was just in bud form.

Latest posts

Latest posts