What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Lets grow some weed

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thank you!
I totally agree and I will be much more prepared next time. This grow has been a lesson for me.
And I also get the bud at the end so it was worth it. :D

Later.edit:
Forgot to add that I had to raise the light another 3 cm because some random tops decided to stretch a bit more. Light is around 30 cm away from the tallest tops. Plants are probably around 60 cm from soil level to the tallest top. I haven't measured recently but not more than 65 cm for sure.
Deficiencies don't seem to progress further.
New data, from a few hours after the watering, when water has distributed more evenly into the soil:
picture.php

Later.edit.2:
2 days later, they are half way to their 2nd to last nute watering.
picture.php

Humidity seems to have stabilised around 55%, which is great.
Temps are going from 23 to 26 C in the daytime and 20 to 22 C at night time.
Nute waterings seem to be in schedule as well, one will be needed just before they hit 60 days, another one probably day 64-65. I planned to end nutes around day 65, for them to have 1-2 weeks without nutes for a nice fade. This is not needed as except for a couple of times where I fed a mineral nute & flower booster (to keep the mg deficiency in check), all nutes were organic, but I like my bud to have the smoothest burn possible.

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I did another watering with nutes today. Compost extract, seaweed extract, cal mag and a PK booster. All double dose. Next watering is gonna be last one where I use nutes.

picture.php

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello brothers and sisters!
Time for a new update.
Not much has happened during the last 5 days, plants are now 61 days old from germination, just one nutes watering left then all water. The magnesium deficiency progressed a bit, but it's still okish. Plants seem to develop buds normally so far.

Group photo:
picture.php

Closeup left side:
picture.php

Closeup right side:
picture.php

Some bud macros:
picture.php

picture.php

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Getting there my friend not be too long till end results i can almost smell them from here :tiphat:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah. The smell is getting sweeter lately. Mid flower it was a smell of putrid hot garbage, now getting more floral. They also seem to have a lot of sugars in the sap, I tasted a leaf and it was sweeter than I expected. I hope to remember to take a sap BRIX reading before harvest.
The ones on the left look like they will finish faster, followed by the ones on the right.
Thanks for checking the thread! :tiphat:

Environment data:
picture.php

Soil RH diference is there because one is watered over the sensor, one on the other side of the pot. It will normalise in a day or two.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thank you brothers!
Yesterday I put the microscope on some buds for fun.
2 of the plants are about 50% cloudy trichomes and the others are under 10% cloudy. The ones that are more advanced smell much sweeter than the others. I guess the smell will be even better in about 2 weeks, which should be great. It's a bit frutty/floral already.
Around day 70 I will start to check them with the microscope more often, maybe even take some samples from them if they look almost ready. I expect them to be all ready for harvest within one month, with 2 of them faster, in about 2 weeks.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you brothers!
Yesterday I put the microscope on some buds for fun.
2 of the plants are about 50% cloudy trichomes and the others are under 10% cloudy. The ones that are more advanced smell much sweeter than the others. I guess the smell will be even better in about 2 weeks, which should be great. It's a bit frutty/floral already.
Around day 70 I will start to check them with the microscope more often, maybe even take some samples from them if they look almost ready. I expect them to be all ready for harvest within one month, with 2 of them faster, in about 2 weeks.

Nearly time to :party::good:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
3 days later, they are almost ready for the last nutrient watering. It's all water from next one.
Data from before watering, night time measurements:
picture.php

ZOnaVerde

Veteran
Hello!
The presentation is nice. I like how you used the gravel. Very clean and tidy: joint:
Maybe I receive from Santa a growing panel that I have been dreaming of for too long, only that during this period I am more bitter and I still can't afford it!
Good luck!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
They received their last nutrient watering yesterday, we'll see how they go from now, update coming soon.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Update time! Plants are 66 days from seed. Mag def progressed a bit, but they also starting to get ripen.
The ones on the left are closer to harvest than the ones on the right.
picture.php

picture.php

Did some macros but again they were all overexposed. Maybe next time..

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Oh yes. But you need smaller pots and aerated mix for that. My mix is good but pots too big so I could not water from the tray this run.