Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Good old dirt works just fine too.

DIRT CLONES

picture.php

DIRT CLONE

picture.php

Originally Posted by Rumpleforeskin
You can find loads of successful cloning techniques all over the web.

Dirt cloning works well (I have done it), just a little messy in my hydroponic setup. I respect the method all the same.

I don't think anyone has here questioned that there are many other ways to clone successfully. This just happens to be they way I do it.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Dirt cloning works well (I have done it), just a little messy in my hydroponic setup. I respect the method all the same.

I don't think anyone has here questioned that there are many other ways to clone successfully. This just happens to be they way I do it.

No problems with that...I used to be a hydro person but am now changing.

ladydog

I know its an old thread but I was wondering. Could I just keep my 2" net pots intact and fill them with hydroton and let my clones root through the net pot? Then I could just transplant them into my 5" netpots when they get some roots. Well I hope somebody sees this.

draztik

Veteran
I know its an old thread but I was wondering. Could I just keep my 2" net pots intact and fill them with hydroton and let my clones root through the net pot? Then I could just transplant them into my 5" netpots when they get some roots. Well I hope somebody sees this.
You will not achieve the same results. Leaving the stem open to air allows for more oxygen to assist in faster root development. I'm not saying it will not work but if you want quick results, and less of a chance of problems occurring such as root rot, I would personally follow the original design. The trick to cloning is to keep it simple. Hope this helps.

cyat

Veteran

yes works great

cyat

Veteran
You will not achieve the same results. Leaving the stem open to air allows for more oxygen to assist in faster root development. I'm not saying it will not work but if you want quick results, and less of a chance of problems occurring such as root rot, I would personally follow the original design. The trick to cloning is to keep it simple. Hope this helps.

disagree.. done it worksgreat

ladydog

Hey Draztik and cyat thanks for the quick responses. Basically you are both right so I decided I'll take some cuttings now and do them in hydroton. And then tomorrow when I go get some DIY neoprene material, I'll make the ones like Rumple designed. Thanks again.

ladydog

So I put my cuttings in 2" net pots with hydroton about a week ago cuz I didnt have any neoprene "pucks" yet. I still havent gotten the pucks yet, but about 4 days ago I took a cutting that had been in a perlite wicking cloning setup and moved it to my clone machine and this time put it in a net pot without any hydroton. I just let the plant hang in the net pot with the bottom of the cutting sticking out of the bottom. And only 4 days after being in there I'm noticing roots today! So now im definetely motivated to get some pool noodles and make some pucks. It seems the extra oxygen and the ability for water to flow off the tip where the cut is really helps keep things clean for roots to form.

Edit: Btw I took the cuttings out of the net pots with hydroton and still no roots. So im moving them to pucks as well. Im sure it works in hydroton quite well too, I just think its easier when you can see whats going on.

+Vibes

bumbity bump bump
picture.php

has anyone nailed down a minimum # of sprayers? i only have 15 here in my tote and i have 4 more spots measured out for more if i need em'. the pump is "370gph" and i have 20 plant sites above it .. i'll try it out and keep ya'll updated. this was fun to build! :thank you:

homebaked

Im wondering how many of you using any type of aero cloner use timers of any sort.

I bought the botanicare 25 site and used it twice. No timer, got stem rot on every single one in 3 days. When i tried the 15 min timers, I didnt get rot as quick with 15 min on 2 hrs off, but still got rot in the end.

Just curious on if you are using timers and what settings.

Thanks and stay baked...HB

Loids

Great diy tutorial rumple, Im really sold on the idea.:) Have you experimented or heard of anyone using a lower GPH pump? Do you think a 100gph or 185gph ecoplus would be sufficient in the same system you made?

Loids

Upon further thinking im now deciding between eco 264/396 or just getting the via aqua 1300. I was mainly just wondering what is the lowest gph pump someone could get by with. I would have no problem trying out different setups but I cant afford much right now.

I spent 30$ total between Lowes and hydro store. Had most the tools and a small 120 gph statuary pump laying around.
View attachment 187325
3 gal bucket and lid - 5.22
2 ft ½ in PVC. -1.47
1 ½in tee - .46
2 ½ in elbows - 1.02
2 ½ in plugs. - .90
1 ½ in adapter. - .37
PVC cement 3.47
Hydro store
10 neoprene discs. 5.90
10 2in net pots. 2.90
6 ez clone sprayers. 4.50
13.30$

Total $26.21

Here's my cloning devil ten. A few adjustments to the original. Used a 3 gal bucket instead BC I had a 120Gph pump laying around and had to go smaller. Less PVC only 5 sprayers and ten sites
View attachment 187327 View attachment 187326
I have no idea if its efficient but ill find out soon. Clones have been on 4 days now. View attachment 187329
I Love this thread and all your other threads that are aroumd rumple, I have become yet another one of your DIY fanatics. Nice work man , keep giving to the cannabis community. A bubble bucket is next for me.. Thanks for sharing

PS how far down should the stem be? I did a few with rooting gel and a few without and this is about where my stems are at is this correct? View attachment 187328

Last edited: