What's new

Lemelemeleme Upgrade, A story of young ladies sharing a room

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
SG: Love the label on the jar, classic!

DG: They are looking great and color coordinated to your flag, super sweet! I can't wait to watch the weeks go by!

SN: I hope to be home to my ladies for St. Paty's day. The green holiday just wouldn't be the same with out them ;)

CR8: Grad you're enjoying, all it takes is a trash can and a dream :smokeit:

Aflud: My old system was 5gal buckets non recirculating with a farm kit (GH product)
"GH Farm Kit (drip ring, column, etc.)"
The Farm Kit includes the drip ring w/tee, pumping column w/support tube, drain level tube w/elbow and 1/2"" grommet, 1/2"" clip/tube holder and flexible ....

On my system I would push the push the straw (for lack of better term) through a full size 10" net pot. The straw would feed the ring via air pump pressure, and the air pump would be on an 18 on 6 off feed cycle. I connected the 5gal bucket to an controller on a float valve via 1/2" hose. The other end of my controller bucket was my 44gal res with the soup de jur.

All that being said, I think you are asking about DG's current SSH grow in 5gal grey buckets, because he uses drippers?

Hasta manana amigos, :joint:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Happy St. Paty's Day!

Happy St. Paty's Day!

Well there has to be some green smiley for this right?:clover: :clover: :clover:

See my momma didn't raise no dummies.

Well these photos are staring into the Upgrade room which you guys know is 10'x10' (without the closet and door throw). The Apprentice is 6'0" and slumping in one photo, but I think the lights are 6'6" or greater. I'm going to blindfold UFS and run him into the hoods to test my theory.

picture.php

picture.php

Since no plants died in the Veg, Dungeon, or Upgrade I guess The Apprentice can stick around.

The little buckets were nothing to speak of I'm told, however there are a few more ounces in my stash jars. Have I told you guys that I love my life?

Peace, :joint:

BigGreen

Veteran
Sweet them are some big bitches. I hope mine will stretch a shit load. I sampled some hspk a few days ago and let me tell ya it is good shit. I cant wait for mine to finish.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
so how'd the snodawg and og perform?

I can not tell a lie, and way to drunk and stoned to say much. However after a two week BBB trip the snowdwag was my first bowl, and then I opened a stone IPA.

Well I of course had BBB before I left for home, but the SnowDawg really hit me well, also she was the best yield in the buckets.

I kept the PK and SD for myself, the maja is still in the Upgrade room, but my knife is sharpening. I drank the whole six of stone IPA and had some of the PK after the SD. Have to say I'm still a PK whore, ho, slut, follower. That being said I was told the OG not so good and it went away; but in all fairness I will now smoke a bowl and give a review.... (not smoking MORE yet, but SD great yield and 9+ on the scale)...OG where are those scissors?? ...

Super strong intense smell, like lemon cleaning product reminds me of the AB a little with the sticky but the smell is like are really good perfume. Still haven't had first bowl....

Ok, well that was as good as it got. The weed hits smooths as can be but doesn't have any character or flavor, no kick in the head 7 of 10.

I have to call it like I see it, BBB and SD way better than Maja (soon to be retired) and OG (currently retired).

Well 4 min later maybe moving to 8 of 10 very pleasant but not on par with the others in the stable.

So have you flowered her yet? I may be a little biased because The Apprentice is an OG / Headband fan, where I am a KUSH fan. So long story short he has been making sure things didn't die, told me he'd settle for the OG and left me the PK and SD. So there's that then (more Fargo).

Maybe the high could bring the OG score up, however the taste can never compare with the Maja, PK, BBB, etc. Really if it takes you 10 min to say wow that is super cool weed; and The Apprentices says "Really, sure it wasn't just the fact that you'd killed a 6 pack of IPA 2 bowls of SD and and bowl of PK in the last 3 hours?" Guess it just has to taste good right out of the gate to be better than 8.

*mistress*

Veteran
happy green day!

happy green day!

Well there has to be some green smiley for this right?:clover: :clover: :clover:

See my momma didn't raise no dummies.

Well these photos are staring into the Upgrade room which you guys know is 10'x10' (without the closet and door throw). The Apprentice is 6'0" and slumping in one photo, but I think the lights are 6'6" or greater. I'm going to blindfold UFS and run him into the hoods to test my theory.

Since no plants died in the Veg, Dungeon, or Upgrade I guess The Apprentice can stick around.

The little buckets were nothing to speak of I'm told, however there are a few more ounces in my stash jars. Have I told you guys that I love my life?

vertical (bare bulb, or cool tube) lighting would definitely provide greater overall coverage of the canopy.
& strike greater amount of leaf surface...
& use 360* of light, instead of 120-180* from a reflector/hood...

some bulbs w/ the bulb screw threads @ plant tops, some bulbs @ 3/4 of the height of the plant, maybe some bulbs @ 2/3 height of the plant.

since canopy is most dense @ 3/4-2/3 of the plant (where the most fully mature fan leaves are), the most light may strike plant @ that level.

a bare bulb 1k can strike @ least 2 large plants. maybe 4, depend on how hung.
can also position two 1ks so that they dont align & the entire plant becomes illuminated, not just tops, or top 1/3...
also, eliminates much of stretch (elongation).

never found actually getting light onto flower sites as much factor; moreso getting light onto surfaces of the leaves - which are generally largest & most developed @ mid-level of plant.

in any event, very healthy plants.
efficient & well mngt garden!:ying:

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
nice pull from 1! I have pretty much came to the same conclusion of that cut of og, Its right @ 8weeks over here and really doesn't seem all that special....but the larry fire and tahoe are sittin in the roster...cant wait to try some HS snodeez

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Plants look great HS, kick arse flower room, inspiring work.

Peace and Respects

alflud

Aflud: My old system was 5gal buckets non recirculating with a farm kit (GH product)
"GH Farm Kit (drip ring, column, etc.)"
The Farm Kit includes the drip ring w/tee, pumping column w/support tube, drain level tube w/elbow and 1/2"" grommet, 1/2"" clip/tube holder and flexible ....

On my system I would push the push the straw (for lack of better term) through a full size 10" net pot. The straw would feed the ring via air pump pressure, and the air pump would be on an 18 on 6 off feed cycle. I connected the 5gal bucket to an controller on a float valve via 1/2" hose. The other end of my controller bucket was my 44gal res with the soup de jur.

All that being said, I think you are asking about DG's current SSH grow in 5gal grey buckets, because he uses drippers?

Hasta manana amigos, :joint:
Hah! Yeah actually, I had been thinking about DG's setup. It distracted me a little. I kinda forgot you'd moved on to the brutes and the UC :D lol Thanks for the info anyway man :yes: Plants are looking awesome dude. The apprentice did a good job. I bet you're happy. I reckon too that the bare-bulb vertical is the way to go man. Reflectors are cool when used in the horizontal position but when a lamp is vertical there's no need for em'. Think of it like this - you're replacing a unidirectional with reflective light for an omni-directional light. Re-arrange your light placement and you're sure to land more lumens on your plants bro. Mistress pretty much hit every nail on the head there with her rundown.

Since you've got yourself a fairly permanent setup there have you ever thought about installing mirrors instead of mylar? You can get squares of 2mm thick mirror fairly cheap. I know there's that MYTH too that using mirrors focuses light and burns your plants but that's all that is man a myth. If the raw light straight from the lamp ain't gonna burn your plants then no amount of reflected light will and that's what it is - reflected light and not focused. Only a parabolic mirror will focus light. Straight mirrors reflect only and a regular reflection is better by far than the irregular reflection you get from mylar. Use straight mirrors and you will greatly increase the amount of light falling on your plants.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After some experimentation I think super cropping is good for the pk. So I think you all should try it. Start with one plant and see how it goes in your grow first though.

lolraymond

Dammmnn. I just read through your entire thread and I'm amazed! I hope, someday, I might be able to run something along the lines of what you have. Perhaps hydro as well. SO legit. That PK blows my mind! Oh, what I would do to get my hands on that. Haha. Great job and keep up the work. You're inspiration to fools like myself! Ugh! I just can't say enough good things. You're doin' it right. Hahah.

Stay high, duder!

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Is lvpk a big stretcher? It kinda looks it. I have mine in a scrog now.

Really looking forward to this!

Uh Yeah PK from seed stretches. Before I present my issues or problems I'll show my PK seed clone named McGuire. She has been featured in other posts. Here she is at day 48
picture.php

picture.php

That is a box fan sitting on a 5 gal bucket in the back right, so you can see McGuire is small ;)

So this update is for the Dungeon at day 48, I chopped a PK at 46 and there are two other weak sauce PKs who took notice and have picked up so they didn't get the knife early. So with out further ado the BLUE BULB failures! That is right, don't leave the blue bulbs in for flower switch to red from flower day one.
picture.php

Of course all is not lost because we are back to 100% red bulbs and the other half of the room had red from the beginning so here are some better than fail.
Maja:
picture.php

Super Lemon Haze:
picture.php

PK Classic (this one is named snowball). She was perfectly round until the flowers got so heavy that now she is bending below her Brute!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And Sensi Skunk refueses to leave my garden, here is one that went into the Dungeon two days ago, and is already the tallest plant in there. I guess I'll take some clones today.

picture.php

This plant is the perfect example of VEG SIZE not veg time. It exploded to this size in only two weeks, before that it was a scrawny little runt. As soon as I took out the huge PKs and put them in the Upgrade room the veg room had a battle for number one and this Sensi Skunk grew 3 - 5X in two weeks.

Mistress: Bare bulb will by my next experiment. I am almost caught up with my rooms and building the new Brutes, so it is almost time to Upgrade again!

Red, BG, L-Immor: Glad you guys are watching the show. I haven't heard much about the PK growing with L and Red doesn't even have the cut yet. How about some updates and road trips?

GreenTh, Dr. P, Boom, Y4P215: I enjoy keeping the ladies happy as you do watching them grow. Thanks for hanging in with us.

Alflud: I guess full length mirrors would work, but they are heavy as can be. I don't think it is too practical in my rooms (the entrance to the Dungeon is a half size door). Now if we were talking about building an adult XXX Dungeon then the mirrors would be mandatory!

HZ: I am sure you are correct. Once I get ahead of the ladies, I'll probably just smoke more and be lazy, but I know I should prune and train.

lolRay: All it takes is a trash can and a dream.

Man I really need an intern! Who wants to work their ass off for me for a few months and learn this shit? Well since the intern isn't here yet I guess I have to go check on all the girls.