What's new

Lemelemeleme Upgrade, A story of young ladies sharing a room

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I hope so too, but I have to say the hydro system lets them grow huge quickly (but the stem on that PK looks huge compared to the neighbor).

Peace, :joint:

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
ok than so i will give them my magical hands.as long as she is good yielder then i will push her over max and we'll take notes from this run.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope so too, but I have to say the hydro system lets them grow huge quickly (but the stem on that PK looks huge compared to the neighbor).

thats how i could tell i had one in flower,as soon as some space opens in flower i need to up pot that one,the one in that pic was pretty rootbound:biggrin:

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
I repotted my LVPK's from beer cups to #1's today, had a little stress but hoping they'll take off pretty soon.

Here's hoping you get a pound per trash can, :smoke:

Cheers
GS

BigGreen

Veteran
So I should be able to hit 8oz per in the uc. I'll be happy if I average 6. Very nice sturdy strain. Mine are only 8 inchs and already pretty thick.
Nice monster plant

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
the yung ones are coming back.PK shall be going in full motion.all that spraying delay me alot and burn some tips but all good.

picture.php

picture.php

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Who's pulling your strings?

Who's pulling your strings?

Well the BBB just doesn't have the bones of the PK. That being said she has way better bones than the really poor example of the ESCD I am growing beside her. To be fare to the ESCD it is in SURE TO DEATH and was drowned in the UC for a large part of its life.

But in any event Charlie Brown's little xmas tree gives you some nice scale for the BBB. I think BBB is 34days and Charlie Brown is 68 or so.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

alflud

^^^Yeah man - you sure do knock out some monster plants. Those babies sure do look awesome. PK too? I'm gonna run with that for my next grow. Been debating over this and that but hey - I like the purple buds and I've only heard good stories about the PK.

Hey I didn't realize you were running a UC - fancy answering a question for me man? I was gonna run with an RDWC system but I've heard lots about UC and I'm kind of at a bit of a loss understanding the path of the water. Could you go over it for me? It'd be much appreciated bro.

How far are you off harvest now Hydrosun? I was chatting with a friend of mine on skype a couple of nights ago and he said something interesting to me about harvesting. I dunno if it's true or not now and I've not found any reference to it yet here on the forums. I've only looked in the harvesting forum though - the info could be lying about elsewhere.

What he said though was that if you harvest your plants in the dark they will taste much, much better. He reckons that the plant stores most of the enzymes/chemicals and whatnot that it uses in it's roots during the dark period - namely the stuff it uses in the act of photosynthesis.

He's recently harvested a crop of Orange Bud and he swears by what he's saying. Hard to tell though because Orange Bud is delicious smoke anyway and what he did was harvest them all in the dark. I would have left one and harvested it in the light - just to see what, if any, difference there was. D'ya fancy checking this theory out? You could just chop off a branch of a plant in the dark and then check the buds off it against the rest of the plant when it's all dried.

I guess it makes some sort of sense as the plant focuses more on energy gathering/storage during the light hours (with some growth) and more on using that energy in the dark hours. It stands to reason that it uses different 'stuff' to perform each different function. It'd be interesting to find out :)

One Love 731

Veteran
Hydro it seems you like to run huge root systems, how do ya think the PK would do in more of a sea of green setting, say .5-1gal containers of coco? Ive been trimmin for days, time to look into a trimmer, any suggestions? Looks like your still killin it. Karma, One Love

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Sending Flowers

Sending Flowers

Well it is Valentines Day :huggg: and we have the wacky tradition of sending flowers. Well this year I decided to send a whole plant. So this particular plant had root rot something fierce (remember my ranting and complaining about the Sure to Death?) The good news is my Purple Kush is the strongest plant in the world.

This little lady got kicked out of the veg room and back to the nursery. Well after a few weeks of R&R she was getting itchy, good thing a loved one need a new house plant :biggrin:

picture.php

So I've been told that she is now in a 5" net pot that can give you some scale, so my guess is she is 15 - 18". The only good thing about Sure To Death is it can squish and fit into a shipping box better than rockwool.

Aflud: On the harvesting in the dark, I am not sure but will give things a try. Here is what I am thinking. Plants have their highest sugars at the full moon. I don't know how they fluctuate during the light and dark cycle, but here is what I will do. I'll chop 5mins before the lights come on and see. But what I think really matters in the taste is a good long flush, and a nice long hang after chop (in the dark of course ;) )

OneLove: I like trees and think the trimming is way easier with 12oz plants than 1oz plants. I think the PK would be one of the best in the world for sog / lollypoping so let's get you going with her.

Well happy Vday everyone.

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
hydrosun

your plants are huge but i have some small..
some day they gonna be huge but the good news
is, i have that special strain lvpk in 6 alive seedlings and i wait with patience the mystery of pk.

Attachments

• 14-2-10 001.jpg
    14-2-10 001.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 14-2-10 003.jpg
    14-2-10 003.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 13

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
tight. happy V day over there. to the dude askin bout choppin in dark

i always do. he is right. but if u flush hard core like ya should there isnt much to store in the roots as is at night. but i do it anyway.

HS go in like 1 hour b4 light5s come on. prior to light they start to send it on up on schedual. gotta beat the plants to the punch. at least 30 min IMO. it will taste good as soon as will burn..... combine that with the slow week on the branches and ur in heaven brother!

opt1c

Veteran
i like to leave em in the dark 36-48hrs before i chop em just to f with em even more; not to mention i'll cut off all water a day or so before, or drop the water level in dwc, for added stress just to make that resin cake :joint:

props on shipping an entire plant; that is pimp status