What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legalize MJ ! Really? No I mean REALLY?

MostHigh

Moonshine is an awful example. Its an explosive poison ffs.

Oh no, hillbillies aren't permitted to sit up in the woods and create toxic hazards....what is the world coming too!!!

H

harryleggs

If you don't like the way I'm livin'
You best leave this long haired country boy alone!!!!!!!!

Trillion

You're railing against what is a systemic problem in the agriculture industry, with which I agree. You're looking at the issue from a narrow viewpoint of the farmer. Legalisation is a much bigger issue. If you don't like all the bureaucracy and red tape then campaign for greater autonomy in the agriculture business.

Legalisation is a different issue, in a free society you should be free to choose what to put in your body. People are in prison for growing small numbers of plants and simple possession. It creates crime, exploitation and blackmarket product can be of low quality and can be dangerous to the consumer. This cannot stand.

watson540

your way out of line with with what your saying you act like anybody that grows weed and makes money with it is nothing more then a lowlife scumbag that is ripping everybody off I for one have a policy that anybody that is going through cancer treatment I will deliver their weed to them as long as their within 100 miles for free thats right I will get in my car and deliver it them personally and I don't ask for one cent. I doubt the government is going to do that because this country is one big corporation. I hope it isn't made legal to because the last thing we need is the government controlling it what they will do is make people that want to grow to sell is get a vendors license which will run I would imagine about 100k a year that will make it where mama and pops cant afford to do it then next thing you know they will be putting all kinds of stuff in it like they did cigs and I think they will crack down on most growers maybe even the personal grows because all it takes is for big business to go to Washington and lobby for control then we all will be sitting around talking about the good ole days before it was legal. Remember this is a country where when I needed to have a mole cut off because I have skin cancer I was told at the hospital that they couldn't do it unless I have health insurance or I have the cash to pay for it which is like 25k they told me they cant do anything preventitive but if or when I am sick from the cancer then they will give me care but then it's to late because once I am sick from cancer I am dead. This is a nightmare I live through everyday because right now I need to have treatment for some moles that I know are dangerous but I can't afford to get then taken care of which means I am living on a time bomb and hopefully I can make enough cash growing weed to be able to get treatment so before you go off on this bs about getting e real job or go selling harddrugs pull your head out of your ass and think for a minute not all of us that grow and sell are making loads of money doing it some of us are just barely getting by and I would hate to think that there would be nobody to help the people I help out because of the government taking control of it because when I deliver mj to these peeps they always tell me thanks man I don't know how I would of been able to get it without you and that gives me a feeling inside that is like nothing I have ever felt before for surely when somebody hasn't been able to eat for almost a month because of the chemo therapy and then after I help them out their able to eat again which is the difference between life and death when going through chemo therapy when I went through chemo some guy gave me a ounce of pot and I had went from 185 lbs to 140 in 2 weeks I couldn't even eat a orange thats how sick it made me but after smokng some pot I ate 3 trays of food and might of been able to eat even more all due to somebody giving me some smoke I couldn't afford it and either can lots of other cancer peeps because our great country lets insurance companies cut their insurance for no just reason just because our government lets big business do anything they like with no regards to peoples lifes it effects now put that in your pipe and smoke it pal!!!!!

WHOAH...First off, let me just say one word: PARAGRAPHS

okay ..In my opinion, you are fooling yourself into thinking that this is something hard to do. You drop a seed in a bucket of dirt, or in your backyard, and it grows...

Also..I'm pretty sure McDonalds will let you buy insurance, or any fast food place, if you are not smart enough for a real job that is..

Its pure selfishness for you to not want it legal, but thats only my opinion

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
this thread is all about "boo hoo for commercial growers" we.. I feel exactly that..boo hoo for you..god forbid you follow the same regs that everyone else does, which has been mentioned..those regs are barely a safeguard anyway

this means nothing to one who wants to grow their own..which is most people here..commercial growers can get a real job or move on to moving smack or whatever illegal enterprise you choose..I vote for the real job one, for the record tho..Wouldnt surprise me to see most commercial growers claiming to not haver unemployment and living off of the taxpayers..you know taxes..the stuff you dont claim on your illegal gains

Blue Dot??
Watson, you sound like a real Law & Order kinda guy-- There is no talking to you--:moon:

Danks2005

Not everyone can put a seed in a pot and stick it in the backyard without going to prison.

If the man can barely eat he may have a hard time working anywhere, his employment status isn't the issue, his insurance dropped him cause they don't want to pay.

Have some compassion

Oh, moonshine stills are not illegal cause they are dangerous (they are not that dangerous if you have half a brain), they are illegal cause they can't be taxed, you can get a tax stamp and distill away, though it is not cheap or easy to get.

Danks2005

Oh, I also agree that all this is a seperate issue from legalization. If you are unhappy with agricultural legislation and regulation, then do your part to change. Sometimes it seems as if you guys in the med states forget all the people in prison around the country for this plant. I would rather have commercial growers regulated than me go to prison. I have no problem with commercial growers, but I want my ass safe first and foremost. If I want to think with my wallet, then it's better off illegal, but money is not my priority, freedom is.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Moonshine is an awful example. Its an explosive poison ffs.

Oh no, hillbillies aren't permitted to sit up in the woods and create toxic hazards....what is the world coming too!!!

"explosive poison" do you get your info from the same folks that call pot "killer weed" ? only time alcohol is poisonous is if some moron drank wood alcohol, or let lead leach into the product by condensing with a damned radiator. well-made 'shine is no more explosive nor poisonous than a bottle of Bacardi 151 from down the street. safer actually, because almost NO ONE drinks it as it comes from the copper worm. that can be somewhat HIGHER than 151 proof (75.5% alcohol). as to "toxic hazards"...well, spring water, sugar, yeast & corn aint made it onto any EPA Superfund list yet...

MostHigh

"explosive poison" do you get your info from the same folks that call pot "killer weed" ? only time alcohol is poisonous is if some moron drank wood alcohol, or let lead leach into the product by condensing with a damned radiator. well-made 'shine is no more explosive nor poisonous than a bottle of Bacardi 151 from down the street. safer actually, because almost NO ONE drinks it as it comes from the copper worm. that can be somewhat HIGHER than 151 proof (75.5% alcohol). as to "toxic hazards"...well, spring water, sugar, yeast & corn aint made it onto any EPA Superfund list yet...

ANY alcohol is poison. If not for the liver metabolizing it...one shot of 80 proof anything...will drop a man. Thus, when a person is pumping more alcohol into the body than the liver can metabolize...they get alcohol poisoning.

But this thread is about cannabis, so. :joint:

D

draco

i've had the 151. felt like poison to me...

regulation will be a nightmare. prison for pot is unacceptable.

who will read this riddle for us? maybe we should keep it illegal and lower the penalty to community service?

Ainslinger and Hearst really threw a fuck into america huh?

ya know, individually humans are pretty smart. as a group we are dick tripping morons...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i've had the 151. felt like poison to me...

regulation will be a nightmare. prison for pot is unacceptable.
(truer words were never spoken!)

who will read this riddle for us? maybe we should keep it illegal and lower the penalty to community service?
(i'd rather pick up cans as serve time. still no argument!)

ya know, individually humans are pretty smart. as a group we are dick tripping morons...
(got me again. damn! i just can't find a reason to argue with you...:))

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
ANY alcohol is poison. If not for the liver metabolizing it...one shot of 80 proof anything...will drop a man. Thus, when a person is pumping more alcohol into the body than the liver can metabolize...they get alcohol poisoning.

But this thread is about cannabis, so. :joint:

dihydrogen monoxide

Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.

Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.

DHMO is a major component of acid rain.

Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.

Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.

Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.

Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.

Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.

Given to vicious dogs involved in recent deadly attacks.

Despite the known dangers of DHMO, it continues to be used daily by industry, government, and even in private homes across the U.S. and worldwide. Some of the well-known uses of Dihydrogen Monoxide are:

as an industrial solvent and coolant,

in nuclear power plants,

by the U.S. Navy in the propulsion systems of some older vessels,

by elite athletes to improve performance,

in the production of Styrofoam,

in biological and chemical weapons manufacture,

in the development of genetically engineering crops and animals,

as a spray-on fire suppressant and retardant,

in so-called "family planning" or "reproductive health" clinics,

as a major ingredient in many home-brewed bombs,

as a byproduct of hydrocarbon combustion in furnaces and air
conditioning compressor operation,

in cult rituals,
by the Church of Scientology on their members and their members' families (although surprisingly, many members recently have contacted DHMo_Org to vehemently deny such use),

by both the KKK and the NAACP during rallies and marches,

by members of Congress who are under investigation for financial corruption and inappropriate IM behavior,

by the clientele at a number of bath houses in New York City and San Francisco,
historically, in Hitler's death camps in Nazi Germany, and in prisons in Turkey, Serbia, Croatia, Libya, Iraq and Iran,
in World War II prison camps in Japan, and in prisons in China, for various forms of torture,

during many recent religious and ethnic wars in the Middle East,

by many terrorist organizations including al Quaeda,

in community swimming pools to maintain chemical balance,

by the semi-divine King Bhumibol of Thailand and his many devoted young working girls in Bangkok,

by commodities giant Trafigura in their well-publicized and widely-known toxic-waste dumping activities in Ivory Coast,

in animal research laboratories, and

in pesticide production and distribution.

obviously DHMO is much more deadly and harmful to the earth that anything that comes from a still and much easier to produce.....
should personal production of DHMO be banned?

foaf

Veteran
legalization will be imperfect but.....

always choose "damned if you do" over "damned if you don't"

it has served me well for almost half of a century.

grapeman

Veteran
This thread was started to bring government involvement to the attention of all medical growers. There are a few large distributors in Calif that know this already and are pushing for legalization and taxation of the product, as they are well financed and have their lines of distribution in place already. They will become the "Archer Daniels Midland" companies of marijuana. You will be forever on the outside.

This thread is just so you can understand what this means from a production and distribution point of view. It will be government regulated. In the same way that alcohol needs the "tax stamp" on the bottle to be sold.

But this product is an agriculture product. And with that, it will also fall to the USDA to regulate the growing and application of all nutrients and chemicals. They will also be charged with quality and proper labeling of the product.

It'll become a business. The same kind of business that many here rail against when it comes to "Big Ag". But the dirty little secret here is that Ag needs to reach economy of scales to deal with the government regulations, so Agri business is growing ever bigger.

The hugh growth of Agri Business is the direct result of government regulations.

It will happen to this industry too, as the government will not leave potential tax revenue on the table.

I say, to those who don't get what government regulation will bring to this industry, be happy growing a few plants for your own consumption, just like the tomatoes in your backyard.

But if you think you will make a small (or even large) business of this crop, you better be well financed and well prepared or you will get eaten alive and you will go back to supplying the black market, pretty much as happens now.

igrowone

Veteran
threads like these are pretty much about context, there is a unique view in Cali which has quasi legal MJ, that is MMJ
no one wants to lose a good deal, it that's what they think they have
i can understand it, don't completely agree with it
but i have seen some posts that seem to point to a more restrictive MMJ in Cali, a lot of people don't like how it is now
so either way, change may be forced upon you

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
This thread was started to bring government involvement to the attention of all medical growers. There are a few large distributors in Calif that know this already and are pushing for legalization and taxation of the product, as they are well financed and have their lines of distribution in place already. They will become the "Archer Daniels Midland" companies of marijuana. You will be forever on the outside.

This thread is just so you can understand what this means from a production and distribution point of view. It will be government regulated. In the same way that alcohol needs the "tax stamp" on the bottle to be sold.

But this product is an agriculture product. And with that, it will also fall to the USDA to regulate the growing and application of all nutrients and chemicals. They will also be charged with quality and proper labeling of the product.

It'll become a business. The same kind of business that many here rail against when it comes to "Big Ag". But the dirty little secret here is that Ag needs to reach economy of scales to deal with the government regulations, so Agri business is growing ever bigger.

The hugh growth of Agri Business is the direct result of government regulations.

It will happen to this industry too, as the government will not leave potential tax revenue on the table.

I say, to those who don't get what government regulation will bring to this industry, be happy growing a few plants for your won consumption, just like the tomatoes in your backyard.

But if you think you will make a business of this crop, you better be well financed and well prepared or you will get eaten alive and you will go back to supplying the black market, pretty much as happens now.

How do people operate under the delusion that marijuana is somehow unregulated now?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I haven't read all the post's yet but the first few and I must say THANK YOU!!! To the OP of this thread cuz I was about to do the same kinda Stop Legalization thing but I'll just add to this thread.

I think people need to realize what is going to happen if it goes legal WHICH I DO NOT SUPPORT AT ALL!!!! Keep it medical or lose it all completely cuz that's what is going to happen. Sure it'll be legal for a year or so and then be off the books like Gay Marrige was. Also we need to think about the folks who risked everything to get the plant everybody wants legal so bad but they will be left with nothing! The government has already been spraying weird shit up there making fake clouds that rain JELLY LIKE SUBSTANCE!!! JELLY!! WTF!!! My Grandma lives up there and here bird bath is covered in a oily residue and the planes come out after midnight! This is not cool people at ALL
It's causing people to feel stupified all of a sudden and not able to think straight and feel just dumb outta nowhere. Don't you all see what is happening here? They want to stop the opposition up there, here are some of the effects caused by this shit they aren't telling you about on the local news...

The health effects of bombarding the skies with sulphur dioxide alone are enough to raise serious questions about whether such programs should even be allowed to proceed.

The following health effects are linked with exposure to sulphur.

- Neurological effects and behavioral changes

- Disturbance of blood circulation

- Heart damage

- Effects on eyes and eyesight

- Reproductive failure

- Damage to immune systems

- Stomach and gastrointestinal disorder

- Damage to liver and kidney functions

- Hearing defects

- Disturbance of the hormonal metabolism

- Dermatological effects

- Suffocation and lung embolism

According to the LennTech website, “Laboratory tests with test animals have indicated that sulfur can cause serious vascular damage in veins of the brains, the heart and the kidneys. These tests have also indicated that certain forms of sulfur can cause foetal damage and congenital effects. Mothers can even carry sulfur poisoning over to their children through mother milk. Finally, sulfur can damage the internal enzyme systems of animals.”

Here is the link to read about it... http://www.infowars.com/the-government-is-already-geo-engineering-the-environment/

What In The World Are They Spraying?

What would you say if you were told that airplanes were regularly spraying toxic aerosols in the skies above every major region of the world? That is exactly what a group of protestors were claiming outside of the annual American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) meeting that was held in San Diego from February 18-22. However, inside the convention center was a different story. The scientists gathered to discuss the “plausibility” of implementing various Geo-engineering campaigns throughout the world, all under the guise that the Earth has a man-made global warming problem that can be solved in-part by spraying aerosol aluminum and other particles into the sky to block the sun. When these scientists were asked about the possibility of existing aerosol programs; they stated that no aerosol spraying programs have been implemented to date. A little confused? Why would protestors gather outside of a meeting making claims that world-wide aerosol programs were under way if scientist were only now discussing the possibility of implementing these programs? Could it be that one of these groups is being deceived?

Mauro Oliveira, the Webmaster of Geoengineeringwatch.org, was one of the protestors. He claimed that the program for Stratospheric Aerosol Geo-engineering (SAG), AKA chemtrails, has been well under way around the world. As a matter of fact, Oliveira stated that witnesses from around the globe claim that heavy aerosol spraying is occurring almost every day over just about every city. He went on to explain the difference between a contrail and a chemtrail. He stated that when a jet airplane flies at a certain altitude, a visible trail of streaks of condensed water vapor sometimes form in the wake of the aircraft. This is called a contrail. Contrails are normal and usually dissipate in a few seconds. They are very similar to when we breathe in cold weather. According to Oliveira, what occurs behind a SAG plane spraying aerosols is quite different. What can be seen is a thick white line also called a chemtrail that lingers in the sky for several hours. The SAG lines are sprayed into the upper atmosphere and then spread out forming what then appear to be clouds. The particles from these aerosols then fall to the ground where they enter our soil and water and can also be inhaled.

* A d v e r t i s e m e n t

Another group of protestors had traveled over 10 hours from a small Shasta County community in Northern California. They became concerned about SAG when many from this community began to see dramatic changes not only in the sky, but also on the ground. Trees were dying, grass was not growing and many farmers were having difficulty getting any crops to grow on their farms. The crisis prompted biologists from the community to take action by testing the soil. The results were shocking. Aluminum, barium and other elements were found to be up to thousands of times higher than normal limits. Such high quantities lead to unhealthy PH levels in the soil which can be deadly to ecological life systems. These shocking results led to additional testing of Lake Shasta with samples from the Pit River arm tributary that tested over 4,610 times the maximum contamination level of aluminum allowed in drinking water in the state of California. Also, peer reviewed scientific studies conclude that bio-available aluminum, now found in huge quantities in rain world-wide, is very harmful to flora and thus the eco-system. Ironically, these are the same substances the scientists are considering implementing in the various potential “future” aerosol spraying campaigns that were being discussed at the meeting.

A large number of other protesters became interested in SAG after experiencing burning eyes, migraine headaches, anxiety, irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure and other health problems on days that airplanes were allegedly witnessed spraying aerosols in the sky. Deborah Whitman, Founder and President of the non-profit environmental organization Environmental Voices and also Producer of the documentary “Sky Lines” is no stranger to these symptoms. She has been hospitalized over 51 times on what she calls “heavy spraying days”. Whitman has committed her life to helping people who claim to be experiencing similar problems resulting from aerosol spraying and gets calls from all over the U.S. in response to her website and documentary. Her recommended health tips can be found at www.environmentalvoices.org. Other indicators that possibly validate the claim that SAG is connected to health problems are the respiratory mortality rate, which has risen from eight on the list of mortality to third in the past five years, and the fact that Alzheimer’s and other illnesses linked to aluminum have continued to rise around the globe at astronomical rates since the inception of the alleged spraying.

The AAAS meeting hosted some of the world’s leading geo-engineering scientists. With years of education and even more experience in their respected fields, the scientists looked at geo-engineering issues from many angles. Workshop subjects ranged from, the effectiveness of geo-engineering to potential problems and even touched upon the issue of ethics. According to independent reporter Stewart Howe of Los Angeles, all of the scientists seemed to be looking for solutions to what they believe is the problem of global warming. Howe stated that the scientists appeared to be carefully weighing both the pros and cons of SAG when presenting potential campaigns to address the man-made global warming theory. Many were actually advocating alternative methods to combat this issue due to the potential risks of SAG that include droughts, ozone depletion, less solar power, decimated weather patterns, military use of technology and other various environmental impacts. Howe said, “after witnessing the aerosol spraying for years, I was surprised by the discourse among scientists.” Stewart went on to say that he believes that most of the scientists attending seemed to be separated from the knowledge of any current SAG deployment. As a matter of fact when asked about current SAG operations, leading geo-engineering scientist Ken Caldiera replied that he was unaware of any current aerosol spraying operations and when prompted to explain the long lingering trails left behind planes, he stated that they are simply normal contrails from jets.

David Keith, another leading scientist and expert in the field of geo-engineering, discussed the well-funded studies that have been conducted to predict potential future risks as well as benefits associated with geo-engineering. Some of the potential benefits include a cooler planet, and the reduction of melting sea ice and rising sea levels. Keith discussed what aerosol particles would be most effective in achieving the stated goals of the SAG program. He went on to say that initially sulfur was considered, however, aluminum is more effective and can be used by adding ten to twenty mega-tons per year into the stratosphere. When asked about health related studies that have been conducted to predict the potential risks of adding the particles in our air, Keith stated that many studies have been completed and indicate few risks. However, when asked specifically about the use of aluminum as an aerosol, he said “we haven’t done anything serious on aluminum, so there could be something terrible that we will find tomorrow that we haven’t looked at.” After the meeting, Keith showed consideration to the protesters by initiating a discussion about the SAG program outside where the protestors were standing. When confronted with concerns about SAG deployment from the group, he went on to say that he shared similar views and is against any deployment until proper research is completed to determine potential risks of aerosol spraying. He also went on to say that he is unaware of any current SAG operations, but, would be willing to look at any scientific proof if presented to him.

As the skies around our world continue to change, there is strong evidence that points toward current deployment of massive aerosol operations. Could it be that scientific data and studies are being used to implement pre-mature full-scale SAG programs with-out the knowledge of the top scientists who are involved with the research? If so, what kind of ethical considerations can we expect from the geo-engineering community in the future? It is hard to believe that the strange white lines in the skies witnessed around the world and the toxic elements found in the soil, water and air are from an unrelated source. We the people, in partnership with the scientific community need to challenge not only the environmental and health risks associated with SAG but also the numerous world-wide allegations about current deployment. It is imperative that we become educated and involved in uncovering the truth of this alleged crime against both nature and humanity. The future of our planet depends on it. As concerns continue to grow around the world about this issue, additional information including meet-up groups can be found on various chemtrail and geo-engineering websites.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Also do most know that it's illegal to grow your own tobacco? You think they are going to let you grow your own cannabis for long you are out of your minds! I hope everybody that loves cannabis in California votes NO!!! I am and so are all the people I know, WE CAN NOT LET THIS LEAVE OUR HANDS AFTER WE BUILT IT ALL THE YEARS! That'd be like Bill Gates just handing over Microsoft to the government like "here ya go make billions off all my hard work and lost time of friends and family" If you all can't see that this is going to be taken from us you are seriously blind and need to read. All that stuff on the USDA is FACT! My Grandma worked for them for 15 years! She stopped because she didn't like the way farmers were being treated by our government cuz she has a good heart. PLEASE WAKE UP AND SEE THAT IT NEEDS TO STAY MEDICAL! The state is already making millions in taxes from the dispensaries which I feel are a great thing and have brought many people together. Which I don't want to see destroyed you are talking about taking food out of kids mouths and clothes off their backs so our government can make more money are you SERIOUS!!!! It's a outrage of the highest sort IMO and from now till November I will be educating everybody I can on what is really going to happen if the shit passes. How can you not see it's ALREADY LEGAL PRETTY MUCH! Cop can't arrest me for my bag or jar of bud and I can legally grow already! So legalizing it for everyone who can ALREADY EASILY GET A CARD IS STUPID AND ASSBACKWARDS! Common Sense folks don't people still have any?

Latest posts

Latest posts