What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legalize MJ ! Really? No I mean REALLY?

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Like someone else said, Tax Cannabis 2010 would be great for me because I don't grow cannabis and sell it. I don't have to compete against anyone. I'm just growing for me. And those people complaining that the person who wrote the bill is going to make more money - well...someone's always making money. I guess my job is to find out how to make money legally if and when this bill passes.

And yeah California is broke, but many states are too. No one talks about how broke Illinois is, but even while exacting tolls from its citizens, it's still broke. While the sales tax in Chicago is 10%, the state is still broke. 3 or 4 governors who've been convicted or sent to prison? To me, yeah California's still the best state in the Union. That's because I lived there for most of my life..I guess it's about state loyalty, so we'll just leave it at that.

At any rate, I want to see legalization happen. Anyone who disagrees...we'll just have to agree to disagree.

grapeman

Veteran
^lol

it is now california the pretty good. or california the half way decent

No. It's california the shittiest state in the union over run with illegals and fucking public service unions that want me to pay their lazy shiftless asses to retire with full benefits at 55 for a beginner useless job they performed for 25 years. flipping burgers at Mickey D's is more important then just about ALL government jobs.

I'm sick of unions and they rule this shitty state. We're right behind Greece.... maybe 2 or 3 years behind.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Enter the USDA. Want to be a grower, well be sure to follow the rules here. Specific cultural practices, such as applying the most "organic" of compounds, is a time consuming, money wasting "pain in the ass" process.

Uhh... so basically you're saying that it will become just like any other crop. Ok. :D

It's the same way for EVERY crop. Yes, there will be more restrictions.

The good news is that you'll still be able to grow for yourself. Sulfur sucks ass anyway, find a better prevention solution.

When cannabis goes mainstream... only the uneducated masses will consume the garbage that is produced commercially. We'll still be here. :wave:

Stay Safe! :tree:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Brewing beer, and distilling grain alcohol are 2 different things-- Distilling involved heating it with fire...and they can be very dangerous-- I could be wrong, but I don't think Stills are legal anywhere in the US--
:laughing:

You are.....

It's ok though...... it's education that seems to be illegal in the US.

I somewhat feel like this will end up being like the legalization of gay marriage. When the issue goes up to vote it keeps being turned down in the areas where it would make the biggest difference. I think it might be a viable option to look at federal judges pushing for legalization on the state and federal level rather than the passing of any bills.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Brewing beer, and distilling grain alcohol are 2 different things-- Distilling involved heating it with fire...and they can be very dangerous-- I could be wrong, but I don't think Stills are legal anywhere in the US--
Distillation is illegal in the U.S.

Anyone care to guess why, it has nothing to do with blowing yourself up.

Same reason cannabis has yet to be legalized.

Taxation. It is easy to tax a field of Tobacco, it is harder to tax an indoor grow op, or a few hundred gallons of spirit.

Legally or illegally, you will always pay a tax.

G

grasspass

If the USA west coast legalizes , grow it on the east coast ,where you can get more money for it, at least for awhile before they legalize. Even now if I wanted to make cash growing, I would "head east".

armedoldhippy

Veteran
for the home-grower, i don't see any USDA regs that would be in effect. yes, if you are going to sell the product in STORES commercially, they got you over a barrel. go to a local farmers market, all those folks need is a peddlers license to sell their produce. look at tobacco, the closest thing that is legal. if you want to grow your own & smoke/chew it, there are NO rules, other than not allowing you to use banned pesticides (DDT etc). ditto alcohol. you can brew beer, make wine etc, no regs involved, if it is for PERSONAL use. distilling it into grain IS illegal, but only because you have to buy a tax stamp & have your still meet regs. the correlation with pot is making bubble hash/oils. anyone here think the govt will even TRY to keep you from making hash for your own use if pot is legalized ? i don't see it personally. "the sky is falling, the sky is falling..."

b8man

Veteran
While it's still illegal, the authorities can justify huge expenditures of funds and manpower to hunt down those growing and using illegal drugs. Media can present a biased POV without accountability and the public are still brainwashed.

Honestly, after legalization, I expect the large pharm companies to take over production and lobby the governments to outlaw personal growers, reasoning that only the "experts" can produce weed that doesn't cause psychosis.

But I don't think the clampdown on personal growers or charges will be as serious as they currently are. And I don't think they'll be allowed to actively hunt them down with the resources they'd need. And for this reason I think that legalization is better than keeping it illegal.

And if it's legalized in the big countries, then all those little countries that still impose mandatory life sentences/death sentences for pot possession will have to rethink their policies.

B

bipotato

All you have to do is set up a giant lockable tent and offer an all-day event w/ free weed that covers voting hours. Most others going to the polls should vote no anyways.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
i just cant believe that some people think it could be any more "government regulated" than completely prohibited without exception!!!!

right now you have the absolute epitome of government regulation and some how have been duped into thinking that a slight lessening of that complete prohibition is an increase of regulation..

the mind fuckers have done very well indeed

grapeman

Veteran
Uhh... so basically you're saying that it will become just like any other crop. Ok. :D

It's the same way for EVERY crop. Yes, there will be more restrictions.

The good news is that you'll still be able to grow for yourself. Sulfur sucks ass anyway, find a better prevention solution.

When cannabis goes mainstream... only the uneducated masses will consume the garbage that is produced commercially. We'll still be here. :wave:

Yep. That's what I'm saying. Especially if the government wants their cut (taxes). In doing so, you will be overwhelmed by red tape and paperwork. I can't even begin tell you. decriminalization is the way to go.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
decriminalization means more regualtion because it isnt fully legal. it means it has more stipulations. fully legal means it is like fresh veggies. left alone. that means you can sell your shit in a farmers market at a stand with no worries.

rate is like ginsing or basil. just an herb. if you want to be able to sell it as certified organic then you must prove it is so. that's cool with me.

grapeman

Veteran
decriminalization means more regualtion because it isnt fully legal. it means it has more stipulations. fully legal means it is like fresh veggies. left alone. that means you can sell your shit in a farmers market at a stand with no worries.

rate is like ginsing or basil. just an herb. if you want to be able to sell it as certified organic then you must prove it is so. that's cool with me.

Ummm no. Those folks at the farmers market have their produce USDA inspected BEFORE they can sell. If they aren't doing that, they are breaking the law. Not a big deal for a box of berries, but try doing that with an oz of pot and not pay big brother his share.

That's your government in action.

watson540

this thread is all about "boo hoo for commercial growers" we.. I feel exactly that..boo hoo for you..god forbid you follow the same regs that everyone else does, which has been mentioned..those regs are barely a safeguard anyway

this means nothing to one who wants to grow their own..which is most people here..commercial growers can get a real job or move on to moving smack or whatever illegal enterprise you choose..I vote for the real job one, for the record tho..Wouldnt surprise me to see most commercial growers claiming to not haver unemployment and living off of the taxpayers..you know taxes..the stuff you dont claim on your illegal gains

MostHigh

I've no interest in running a for profit farm. Decriminalization or legalization...make no matter to me.

So long as the law reads as it does for personal wine or beer production...no personal gardener will have anything to complain about.

Now, check with your state to make certain of their own limits...but for you folks saying you can not brew at home...

Federal law permits each citizen 200 gallons of home made beer and 100 gallons of wine....per year...tax free.

HydroManiac

this thread is all about "boo hoo for commercial growers" we.. I feel exactly that..boo hoo for you..god forbid you follow the same regs that everyone else does, which has been mentioned..those regs are barely a safeguard anyway

this means nothing to one who wants to grow their own..which is most people here..commercial growers can get a real job or move on to moving smack or whatever illegal enterprise you choose..I vote for the real job one, for the record tho..Wouldnt surprise me to see most commercial growers claiming to not haver unemployment and living off of the taxpayers..you know taxes..the stuff you dont claim on your illegal gains

your way out of line with with what your saying you act like anybody that grows weed and makes money with it is nothing more then a lowlife scumbag that is ripping everybody off I for one have a policy that anybody that is going through cancer treatment I will deliver their weed to them as long as their within 100 miles for free thats right I will get in my car and deliver it them personally and I don't ask for one cent. I doubt the government is going to do that because this country is one big corporation. I hope it isn't made legal to because the last thing we need is the government controlling it what they will do is make people that want to grow to sell is get a vendors license which will run I would imagine about 100k a year that will make it where mama and pops cant afford to do it then next thing you know they will be putting all kinds of stuff in it like they did cigs and I think they will crack down on most growers maybe even the personal grows because all it takes is for big business to go to Washington and lobby for control then we all will be sitting around talking about the good ole days before it was legal. Remember this is a country where when I needed to have a mole cut off because I have skin cancer I was told at the hospital that they couldn't do it unless I have health insurance or I have the cash to pay for it which is like 25k they told me they cant do anything preventitive but if or when I am sick from the cancer then they will give me care but then it's to late because once I am sick from cancer I am dead. This is a nightmare I live through everyday because right now I need to have treatment for some moles that I know are dangerous but I can't afford to get then taken care of which means I am living on a time bomb and hopefully I can make enough cash growing weed to be able to get treatment so before you go off on this bs about getting e real job or go selling harddrugs pull your head out of your ass and think for a minute not all of us that grow and sell are making loads of money doing it some of us are just barely getting by and I would hate to think that there would be nobody to help the people I help out because of the government taking control of it because when I deliver mj to these peeps they always tell me thanks man I don't know how I would of been able to get it without you and that gives me a feeling inside that is like nothing I have ever felt before for surely when somebody hasn't been able to eat for almost a month because of the chemo therapy and then after I help them out their able to eat again which is the difference between life and death when going through chemo therapy when I went through chemo some guy gave me a ounce of pot and I had went from 185 lbs to 140 in 2 weeks I couldn't even eat a orange thats how sick it made me but after smokng some pot I ate 3 trays of food and might of been able to eat even more all due to somebody giving me some smoke I couldn't afford it and either can lots of other cancer peeps because our great country lets insurance companies cut their insurance for no just reason just because our government lets big business do anything they like with no regards to peoples lifes it effects now put that in your pipe and smoke it pal!!!!!

treewizard

Tell that to the moonshiners. After they legalized booze, they made it illegal to make your own. Same thing is coming if some would have their way.

Sure doesn't stop me though. I couldn't afford to make a pfofit selling it. However I like making it and its better quality than what I can usually afford. One day I intend on making a small batch of Kentucky-style single barrel burbon. Does it bother me that I can't sell it? Well for what it costs me in time and effort I'm not sure that there would be a price that we could both agree upon anyways. Just saying, don't act like everyone here is legal and taken care of. Its already illegal to grow for a lot of us. So why not at least minimize what we can get locked up for? The bottom line is that the idea of legalization is to end black market activity. The only way that this will be accomplished is with realalistic laws. It will be a process rather than an event.

Latest posts

Latest posts