What's new

Legalize MJ ! Really? No I mean REALLY?

grapeman

Veteran
i get what the op is saying..

and its wrong.

I'm not wrong. I am already doing all the things necessary to ship food products all over the world. I am equipped to turn 30,000 sq foot insulated cold storage facilities into large grow centers. I already have secretaries filing reports daily. I can adapt and do this if I want.

You my friend, can not. And you still can't get it thru your thick head that I am not arguing the present. I am telling you the future.

You're part in it will be your cab or closet. I don't give a fuck.

grapeman

Veteran
Have you ever seen all of the farmers markets around the world?

I understand exactly where you're coming from.

Nobody safety checks about 95% of vegetables that are consumed in this country. You can sell vegetables grown in your back yard anywhere you want. Nobody will stop you.

A lot more people eat vegetables than use cannabis.

I think you have it wrong. the USDA checks over 95% and maybe 5% is unchecked.

Farmer's Markets????? These clowns drive up to my cold storage the day before they go to the farmer's market and I sell they my second or third box of fruit (quality wise). They are too cheap to buy our #1 quality fruit. Then when you show up to buy your produce they tell you a story about their family 10 acre farm. 90% of those guys are full of shit, but they serve a purpose.

Have you ever seen all the produce they have in boxes? Check the boxes and you'll see the USDA stamp. Read the stamp and you'll usually find the date of inspection. You'll then know that the produce is not as fresh as you think.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
I love how people act like they are LOSING rights if this bill passes.

This is a case of nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Proove me wrong.....:dance013::dance013::dance013:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it is legalized then a bank will give out a loan to start a small business just like any other business.

Gert Lush

Veteran
...the gov will ruin the integrity of cannabis.
You really believe that in its current condition the CA cannabis scene has "integrity" :D
- Dispensaries run by dodgy-as-fυck idiots who have never grown weed and hardly know the first thing about it?
- Weed sold with powdery mildew and gawdknows what else?
- "Medi Clubs" that don't even stock proper medicinal sativa varieties because it's too expensive to grow, and doesn't look as good as commercial kushy bulk weed?
- Gangs starting to muscle in.
- The humiliation of perfectly healthy adults having to beg/buy useless doctors to get them their scrip?

THIS is your idea of the integrity that will be lost?
The sooner the better, IMO...

Its the only thing left good in this world they dont have there grimy hands on...yet.
I don't understand your thinking at all.
So if I come around your place and stop you doing what you want through physical threat, and confiscation of your equipment, would you say that I haven't got my grimy paws on your stuff???

I think that cannabis should be legal no doubt.
Are you quite sure about that's what you think?

Gert Lush

Veteran
I love how people act like they are LOSING rights if this bill passes.
Unbelievable, isn't it mate?

And they all seem to come up with these Chicken Licken scenarios of the sky falling on our heads... sometime in the future, of course, of course.

Although, as we are also quite evidently seeing, they are being stirred up by inept, lazy medium-scale growers of poor quality weed who are scared that their shitty little gold rush will be over.

"Freedom is bondage" and all that, as Orwell said... you got to laugh.

Gert Lush

Veteran
I am already doing all the things necessary to ship food products all over the world. I am equipped to turn 30,000 sq foot insulated cold storage facilities into large grow centers. I already have secretaries filing reports daily.
And are you not making money like that? You're not doing it for charity are you?
So what's the problem?

I can adapt and do this if I want.
So what on earth are you griping about?

You my friend, can not.
Oh, suddenly you are such an altruistic bleeding-heart liberal, eh?
What concern of yours is it if someone else does not have your prodigious business acumen?
Run a seminar or something to help them, I'm sure they'll come running to you now that they've realized what a godsend you are.

And you still can't get it thru your thick head that I am not arguing the present. I am telling you the future.
Keep your pants on, Nostradamus.

Neither do I.
So there never was a point to your arguments/abuse, was there?

Flux451

Recently, I can dig and identify with something everyone has had to say... And unless unwillingly compelled I intend to refrain from this until I have a fuller R&D

We all just need to wake up and embrace more, circumstances could be much different and who is to say they are not, or not to be.

Growing should teach any healthy mind that good care and intent goes along way for short term and long-term impact. There are too many improvident loafers all the way up and all the way down.

Emergence is painful and will be, I guess consciousness is rising - problem is fantasy and reality should exclusively be metaphorically identical. Until more reality is out and in the light (prime time programming) and considered by sovereign and networked groups who actually care about any and all life, we will live, as does Wall Street - banking on a market bolstered by their own fluff for reflexive short-term goals. There is simply still too much to be concerned about, I promise I will shut up untill I have reviewed the proposition and relevent news etc

Information Asymmetries VS Integral Vision
McDonalds VS Biodynamic Farm Fresh
Ghetto VS Non-Hoity-Toity Preparation School with Healthy Competition

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
I'm not wrong. I am already doing all the things necessary to ship food products all over the world.
are the goods you produce and ship schedule I narcotics?
if not then what your shipping is not comparable to marijuana after the passage of 2010.

of course that is not what i was saying you were wrong about.
if you were literate and capable of deductive reasoning you would have reasoned from my statement i was implying you were incorrect to think federal regulation was a negative. do try and keep up or stay in the shallow end.
I am equipped to turn 30,000 sq foot insulated cold storage facilities into large grow centers. I already have secretaries filing reports daily. I can adapt and do this if I want.
good for you?

You my friend, can not. And you still can't get it thru your thick head that I am not arguing the present. I am telling you the future.
did you ever figure out what was the mother of all fuckups.
it would not be the first business i started and wont be the last...no harder than any other.

you're part in it will be your cab or closet. I don't give a fuck.

in case you have not figured it out(given your inability to properly process and assimilate information) assumption is the mother of all fuckups :tiphat:

igrowone

Veteran
I think you have it wrong. the USDA checks over 95% and maybe 5% is unchecked.

Farmer's Markets????? These clowns drive up to my cold storage the day before they go to the farmer's market and I sell they my second or third box of fruit (quality wise). They are too cheap to buy our #1 quality fruit. Then when you show up to buy your produce they tell you a story about their family 10 acre farm. 90% of those guys are full of shit, but they serve a purpose.

Have you ever seen all the produce they have in boxes? Check the boxes and you'll see the USDA stamp. Read the stamp and you'll usually find the date of inspection. You'll then know that the produce is not as fresh as you think.

this number didn't sound right to me, so did a bit of reading
USDA doesn't inspect fruit and vegetables, says so on their web site
this is done by FDA/CFSAN, and the inspection process doesn't seem to come close to 95%
from what i read, it doesn't seem to come close to 1%
so curious where this number came from

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
this is done by FDA/CFSAN, and the inspection process doesn't seem to come close to 95%

its called rectalstatistics its the same type used by faux news and pmsnbc and are defined by having just been pulled from someones ass.

SmilinBob

Links please. You are doing the same thing you are replying to him about doing.

The agencies responsible for regulation and safety can't evaluate every single product. It would cost to much. Since they can't check everything they leave guidelines, which if followed, make a safe product.

I believe this is what grapeman is trying to put out there. You will be required to follow rules and subject to safety inspections. No matter what agency will govern cannabis.

The biggest question in this thread seems to be: Is rules and regulations as bad as imprisonment for possession, violence associated with cannabis, and the amount of money we lose to drug cartels that fund terrorists?

I don't think rules and regulations are as bad as those examples. The black market has even more negative effects then the few regulation brings.

http://www.answers.com/topic/u-s-government-agencies
Food products other than meat and poultry are generally the responsibility of the FDA's Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN), which sets standards for products other than meat and poultry. Because, as of 2001, CFSAN employs fewer than eight hundred inspectors to monitor more than fifty thousand processing plants, it relies mainly on sampling and oversight of quality assurance systems to ensure product safety.

igrowone

Veteran
Links please. You are doing the same thing you are replying to him about doing.

The agencies responsible for regulation and safety can't evaluate every single product. It would cost to much. Since they can't check everything they leave guidelines, which if followed, make a safe product.

I believe this is what grapeman is trying to put out there. You will be required to follow rules and subject to safety inspections. No matter what agency will govern cannabis.

The biggest question in this thread seems to be: Is rules and regulations as bad as imprisonment for possession, violence associated with cannabis, and the amount of money we lose to drug cartels that fund terrorists?

I don't think rules and regulations are as bad as those examples. The black market has even more negative effects then the few regulation brings.

http://www.answers.com/topic/u-s-government-agencies

you seem to have partly answered your own question, that was the link i was going to post
i was posing more of a question, not a 'i am an expert and this is the answer' post, 1% is my made up number
what i saw was the number of inspectors, 7000 or so for the entire county, they are not going to be able to inspect that much stuff, so 1% was thrown out there
now there are state inspectors that follow USDA guidelines, what degree of inspection they do is a bit less clear, likely varies from state to state
i have no issue with your point on what is practical, and that legalization may result in an increase in regulations
i simply wanted a clarification on where the 95% number came from, it just didn't seem right to me

SmilinBob

If you considered the amount of farmers that follow the guidelines into the percent that is checked. Then yea, it's a high number. Fresh domestic produce isn't as high of a risk as imported products. Which is why the majority of resources are aimed at importing/exporting, and domestic farmers are left with these rules.

It doesn't matter anymore. This thread went way off topic and lost it's integrity with childish bickering between a few.

Sad to see 'grown' folks can't have a sensible debate with resorting to these childish ways. I see it in every thread, even the one's that are only slightly controversial.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
the bulk of the inspections are done at a state and local level by county ag extension and state d.e.p. and a hundred other jack booted thug agencies that i wish did not exist....

but they do and regulation is something we have to deal with in reality. i try in life to not sacrifice the good in pursuit of the perfect. perfection is unattainable unless you become complacent.

i have understood the op's point from the beginning i just disagree...

not that regulation will exist one day of that i am certain. i just think its awesome that its so close!

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
... If you live in CA, get a med card. If you don't, then why do you care what we do in CA?.....

Because if Cali legalizes cannabis then the rest of the country will follow. As soon as Cali starts to generate $$$$$ from the taxation of cannabis then other cash-strapped staes will follow suit.

Washington, Colorado and Oregon will be the first to follow.

Well said :)

grapeman

Veteran
i have understood the op's point from the beginning i just disagree...

not that regulation will exist one day of that i am certain. i just think its awesome that its so close!

Disagree???? You have not understood my original intend from the beginning.

You disagree that my original posts just disclosed that with MJ going mainstream there will be processes and regulations that most herein do not comprehend?

A very self serving coverup to your BS posts.

No one wants anyone to go to jail for use of MJ. You used that angle for many of your posts. Now you say that you prefer the intense regulation that will come with the mainstreaming of MJ, while if you read my original posts, I was only pointing out to many folks who probably don't deal with the government on a daily basis as I do, these forthcoming regulations are ball busters.

Keep dancing. You've been doing nothing but trolling on a subject (government regulations) you know little about but insist on posting out of context to demonstrate your ignorance.

grapeman

Veteran
Because if Cali legalizes cannabis then the rest of the country will follow. As soon as Cali starts to generate $$$$$ from the taxation of cannabis then other cash-strapped staes will follow suit.

Washington, Colorado and Oregon will be the first to follow.

Well said :)

Well said, It does seem that other states continue to follow Ca as they have for decades.

grapeman

Veteran
A word about "Black Markets". They will never go away.

They only exist because of government regulations and taxation. The more taxes and regulations on a product, the larger the black market is on that product.

An economic truth.

I'm not wrong. I am already doing all the things necessary to ship food products all over the world. I am equipped to turn 30,000 sq foot insulated cold storage facilities into large grow centers. I already have secretaries filing reports daily. I can adapt and do this if I want.

gm, is that if mj becomes legal, or are you going to capture the state mmj market.

just wondering if you have run numbers on what your monthly ozs
would be?

Latest posts

Latest posts