What's new

Legalize MJ ! Really? No I mean REALLY?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
You're right Sam we don't want to compete with big tobacco and huge corps with billions of dollars. Why is it so bad to keep it MEDICAL??? Why put all of us that are finally making it in the world back into poverty looking for jobs that aren't there? The plant is already being taxed at clubs, they stopped plant limits to a point so why push it any further? It's not a good thing even Jack Herer was against this bill wake up folks Richard Lee wants to make you and your friends wait in line in the ghetto to buy his harvest only... It's in the works if it passes so please SAY NO!!!

Why should Cannabis be high priced to keep you in your lifestyle? Why should it not be legal and market forces will decide the prices, which I suspect will be a whole lot cheaper then today.
I look forward to legal Cannabis, with no more arrests for something certainly no worse then alcohol, in my mind a lot less.
I look forward to big tobacco and big alcohol getting involved with big agri-biz and producing high quality Cannabis in large quantities. Anyone afraid of this cares more about profit then what is best for people, like the 800,000 arrested each year.
If you think Richard Lee thinks he will control Cannabis if legal, you are just nuts. He is trying to tear down the wall that 70 years of prohibition have been building, with the help of some that think their personal income is more important then the issue of legal Cannabis with an end to Cannabis arrests.
Enough, is enough, and 70 years is just plain to long, don't you think?

-SamS

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
This may be the only chance to relegalize cannabis in america. If we worry too much about the devil in the details, we could very well start a chain effect that will begin tearing down everything that so many of us have worked incredibly hard for. I agree Richard Lee is a piece of shit money grubbing scumfuck, but we can always go back and change the details. This is still a scary new thing for people and it has to be appeasable to both sides of the table, if we ask for too much, they wont budge and we will be right where we started. If we can pass this bill, it will be bulding block for other states to draft similar or better legalization efforts.

There will always be rich people trying to get richer, but it could be you! In a legal market, it would be far easier to raise capital to start such a venture. There are over 10,000 varieties in the cannabis species, it would be ignorant to think that this vast amount of cannabis coniesseurs would suddenly dissapear with legalization introduced to the market.

Sure, you can grow cannabis very cheaply outdoors in massive quantites, but the quality will show. Anyones whos worked big business can tell you it call comes down to the bottom line, how cheap can we produce an item and charge the most for it?

I welcome the commercial growers who will put profit margins over quality....that just makes my job so much easier. :thank you:

Frozenguy

Veteran
Anyone afraid of this cares more about profit then what is best for people, like the 800,000 arrested each year.
I'm afraid of this bill, and its not because of prices, its because of the extra government regulation and taxes on a weed. I understand they treat alcohol and tobacco like that but so what, three wrongs do not make a right.
And there will still be arrests.

If you think Richard Lee thinks he will control Cannabis if legal, you are just nuts.
I DO think Richard Lee is out for personal gain on this due to the fact many people pleaded with him and others on his team to change the wording to allow the people of the community decide if sales should be legal in their community, not the officials. It should be up to the people.

I know for a fact, an absolute fact, that Chico will not allow sales in their area, (unless something radical changes between now and legalization). I also know for a fact (statistically speaking) that many other communities will prohibit the sale. Richard Lee knows this. He knows San Diego officials have been trying to get rid of weed, so have a lot of other SoCal officials. Richard Lee knows this will only help cement in a better market share for him, funneling majority of sales through fewer (and primarily oakland) dispensaries.

It should be up to the people, but Richard knows the problem with this.

Enough, is enough, and 70 years is just plain to long, don't you think?

-SamS

Yes, I do. I think all drugs should be legalized based solely off the notion of freedom. I see this as not legalization, but a costly privilege now given to us. Under this bill, 18 year olds can still be sent to prison for about seven years, for a nonviolent crime, in which both parties were willingly participating and benefiting.

And you can't even smoke outside! Small thing, sort of. But it does irk me. One can smoke cancer sticks up and down the street but not cancer curing sticks? lame..

I'll end this post by saying this, something I have mentioned in other threads. It is very possible I will find myself voting for this, as others have said and I have come to realize it may be our only hope. And in the end I do want legalization. It just sucks that this bill was pushed.

This may be the only chance to relegalize cannabis in america. If we worry too much about the devil in the details, we could very well start a chain effect that will begin tearing down everything that so many of us have worked incredibly hard for. I agree Richard Lee is a piece of shit money grubbing scumfuck, but we can always go back and change the details. This is still a scary new thing for people and it has to be appeasable to both sides of the table, if we ask for too much, they wont budge and we will be right where we started. If we can pass this bill, it will be bulding block for other states to draft similar or better legalization efforts.

There will always be rich people trying to get richer, but it could be you! In a legal market, it would be far easier to raise capital to start such a venture. There are over 10,000 varieties in the cannabis species, it would be ignorant to think that this vast amount of cannabis coniesseurs would suddenly dissapear with legalization introduced to the market.

Sure, you can grow cannabis very cheaply outdoors in massive quantites, but the quality will show. Anyones whos worked big business can tell you it call comes down to the bottom line, how cheap can we produce an item and charge the most for it?

I welcome the commercial growers who will put profit margins over quality....that just makes my job so much easier. :thank you:

Yeah I feel you on that about the commercial growers compared to the "premium quality" growers. And I know this is a touchy subject for non smokers, but I fear it will be too hard to change once in place. I think you need twice the amount of signatures to attempt to change it, then you needed to get the bill in the first place! So it better gain a bunch of support or else we will have just as hard of a time.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
If you think that well taught conscious commercial growers can't produce the very best by the tons you are just plain mistaken. In fact it would be easy to grow better qualities outdoors in fields then much of the indoor early heavy yield rock bud grown indoors under lights by many. But if anyone thinks legal Cannabis will be grown under lights, it just shows how unrealistic peoples view of how agro-biz works. I mean no one grows legal crops under lights if they can grow a cheaper way, like outdoors in a field.

-SamS

Frozenguy

Veteran
If you think that well taught conscious commercial growers can't produce the very best by the tons you are just plain mistaken.
I'm sure maybe they can, but will they? i mean, I can only go by what I see today, which is supermarket produce. I dont even get how they could bring good bud. Will these commercial buds be harvested/trimmed by hand or by a massive diesel tractor spreading diesel residue all over the buds. Plus, they will pick it all at the same time, some plants will be done, others wont be, others will be over done.

In fact it would be easy to grow better qualities outdoors in fields then much of the indoor early heavy yield rock bud grown indoors under lights by many. But if anyone thinks legal Cannabis will be grown under lights, it just shows how unrealistic peoples view of how agro-biz works. I mean no one grows legal crops under lights if they can grow a cheaper way, like outdoors in a field.

-SamS

I can almost agree with you on that. Indoor ops are just way too costly, but you can turn out more harvests per year (unless you have a greenhouse with supp light) and can control the variables better.

But if prices drop like a rock, even for premium, then most ops, massive or small, will be moved to outdoors/greenhouses.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
actually, there are a LOT of legal crops grown under lights (primary & supplemental), both in greenhouses & indoors. the ability to absolutely control the climate, humidity, etc is ESSENTIAL to grow the very best of anything, in my book. i think that the folks that may do the best after legalization will be seed farmers, if as many grow their own after it is legal as i think/hope. of course, this may mean that only feminized seeds will be available. sure hope not, but they WILL protect their genetics. and who can really blame them? if i bred the most fierce pot plants in the world, i would NOT sell normal seeds. i mean, KFC aint giving out their recipe, are they? i wouldn't rob folks that bought them either, though.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I'd like it to be treated like any other plant.

Take tomatoes for example.

If I need tomatoes for whatever reason, I can go to the store. I have a wide selection. I can get tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, actual tomatoes, etc...

Not only that, but I can also go to a nursery, and buy tomato plants, or seeds, and grow my own. I can grow as many tomatoes I want, without applying for a license. I can then eat them, give them to friends, sell them at a farmers market, etc...

I believe Cannabis should be the same way.

grapeman

Veteran
Indoors vs outdoors there is no comparison in the cost structure. But if quality is key, I think outdoor grows will not measure up.

Either way, the current bill is so poorly written i'm compeled to vote no this fall.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats fine grape it's your right to vote your mind. I have issues when people come in here trying to push there idea's and thoughts and we are all stupid for voting yes. This is not anyones concern but my own. I will decide where my vote goes no one else. My understanding of the issues can be very differant then someone else this does not make me wrong.

grapeman

Veteran
thats fine grape it's your right to vote your mind. I have issues when people come in here trying to push there idea's and thoughts and we are all stupid for voting yes. This is not anyones concern but my own. I will decide where my vote goes no one else. My understanding of the issues can be very differant then someone else this does not make me wrong.

LOL - are you thinking I am telling you how to vote?

I really do not have that kind of power. For instance, that's how obama got elected. LOL

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
when anyone says your Stupid with a bunch of other derogatory comments if you vote yes then anyone who uses these tactics are trying to sway the vote by trying to make these people feel they have made a mistake. This has been a common practise in 3rd world countries except they tell ya if you vote yes where going to kill you.

I can't remember where I have posted what

but IMO, the operation of mmj dispensaries

needs a little bit of tuning

otherwise there wouldn't be all of this negative press

surrounding all of the mmj dispensary issues

that are going on in California

just before the November legalization vote

Indoors vs outdoors there is no comparison in the cost structure. But if quality is key, I think outdoor grows will not measure up.

Either way, the current bill is so poorly written i'm compeled to vote no this fall.
Ditto on that gm

some of the LED lights show great promise

energy efficiency promotes indoor growing

there are some awesome possibilities

not trying to stir shit sam but why is it better for the fat cat big tobacco/alcohol to get even fatter?
how is that good?
i would much rather see a small grower make a modest living then give them fucks anymore money.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Im REALLY suprised how many of you believe alcohol and tobacco will take over the mj industry, its really quite comical. alcohol and tobacco are never going to get in the mj industry. they already make so much money with a product that is far easier and cheaper to produce and distribute. and honestly i really doubt wholesale on high grade will ever fall very far. nobodys going to want to continue to undercut eachother until there is 0 profit. that is called diminishing returns. i see wholesale for top shelf averaging off in the 2500-3000 a pound range, with lesser quality higher yielding strains going for about half to three quarters of that price. retail sales will remain nearly the same as regulation will come with a hefty price tag (tax, regulation, liscensing, etc..). But only doing so can we give our people the right to continue their work while maintaining a legitimate salary. No longer will we have to look over our shoulders and keep this taboo. We will be able to come out and say we are legit, we are not criminals and we can better this country by no longer imprisoning otherwise upstanding citizens because of something as ridiculolus and archaic as a cannabis.

The reason corporations succeed is that they are very good

at volume production, at minimal cost

they compete on costs

and make a relatively small % profit

on major volume ='s a lot of money

It would be much better if growers formed their own "not-for-profit" corporations, and showed off their growing skills.

create the first large scale, indoor production line medical marijuana grow

keep growers in the game, growing "primo"

opportunity is knocking

your dream job is in front of you

After oil, coffee is the second most valuable commodity in the world. More than 50 percent of Americans drink coffee everyday — three to fourcups each, more than 330 million cups a day and counting.
Can anyone say starbucks? they still sell lbs of coffee for $40 plus when the average cup costs less than a dollar. If local importers of coffee still exist and local roasters do too; then i think in the future local growers and hashish makers will still exist. The bubble has burst and prices are correcting themselves, but i think the market remains profitable. (typically quality should be on the rise while prices fall in an increasingly competitive marketplace. I think the ratio of mexi-brick to homegrown available in the united states over the past decade shows this. Less shitty mex more good homegrown. lots of empirical evidence with cocaine.) (wine is also a great example. better bottles are available for less. its not all box wine now.)

Fine Cigars? Champagne market?

Hashish? Sam, what are your thoughts on this?
Won't these fields of outdoor grown chronic be inevitably ran through your secret machine and sold to us, wrapped with pink ribbon, as the "world's finest hash"? Have not most "civilized :wtf:" marijuana cultures turned to hashish? Removing the resin from the rope?
Increasing tolerance of the consumer, portability, and storage issues (with cannabis) seem to push us towards hashish as the "logical alternative".

NOTE: edibles? same deal. massive amounts of cannabis material will be needed for all the butter or bhang or ghee or .....?

(for the people scared about money):

When we can market terroir to the masses and incorporate fair trade standards to the world's pot growing regions we will keep our jobs. The consumer has the power to determine the market. If we demand fair trade Thai Sticks and Organic Oaxacan we will get them. We must be willing to pay and we must set these standards for ourselves NOW. For the slow folks: incorporating these standards into our lives will keep prices high. Keep growers fed, greedy people from whining, you know. ;)

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
when anyone says your Stupid with a bunch of other derogatory comments if you vote yes then anyone who uses these tactics are trying to sway the vote by trying to make these people feel they have made a mistake. This has been a common practise in 3rd world countries except they tell ya if you vote yes where going to kill you.

But it is ok to call anybody against this "Greedy"...even though many of us have made it clear that it isn't the $$ part we don't like--

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
I would much rather see the surplus go the the government (state or Feds) in tax revenues than see it go to commercial growers in the form of profits.

Pine

I would much rather see the surplus go the the government (state or Feds) in tax revenues than see it go to commercial growers in the form of profits.

Pine
it will go to the government (state or Feds) in tax revenues and commercial growers in the form of profits.

Latest posts

Latest posts