What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leg Pain

Smokerman

Veteran
It’s once again time for leg repair.
Leg pain started getting worse over the last 4 weeks so the surgeon set up another ultrasound for next week. I was worried that they would cancel the appointment because the hospital I’m going for the test has had a few of the Covid cases, but the surgeon’s office called today to confirm it’s a go.
Doctor’s office is closed so she said she would call after the test and discuss options.
I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve had angioplasty for this, but I do know there’s been 3 bypass surgeries done.
So I guess it seems this is going to be a regular thing.

Smokerman

Veteran
So I went to the hospital for my leg check and the surgeon wants to do a femoral endarterectomy.
Surgery set for next Monday should be in hospital for 2-3 days.

Gry

Veteran
Very best of wishes for positive results.
You will be included in my prayers.

Smokerman

Veteran
The hospital is not exactly the place I want to go to but surgeon said it’s urgent and I can’t walk 5 steps without pain.

Smokerman

Veteran
Ok so the fukin pain came back. Surgery lasted about 6 weeks. Went for another friggin ultrasound last week and saw the surgeon today.
She said ultrasound was ok, so now she’s going to do a CT cause now she thinks there might be plugged arteries higher up in the stomach area.
I’m so tired of this shit.

Smokerman

Veteran
So I went for a test on my leg this afternoon then I went over to the Dr to discuss the results. Well surprise surprise, I’m now in the hospital. She said it’s urgent and surgery is coming AGAIN.

Smokerman

Veteran
Monday was interesting, all that was supposed to happen was a leg test then go talk with the doctor about the results and what she was going to do.
When I got to the doctors office the secretary said dr had seen the results and told me to go back across the street to the hospital and they had a bed waiting. She’s done a few tests yesterday and today and told me there’s a blockage in the artery just above my stomach.
Surgery is tomorrow morning.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Good luck with that Smokerman, glad she caught it in time, will be praying for your speedy recovery and awaiting your return!:huggy:

Smokerman

Veteran
Not gonna lie , I’m a little nervous on this one.
Surgeon called it a Bilateral Femoral Bypass.

St. Phatty

I'm using Cannabis for arm & shoulder pain.

Works great !

Got a permanent pulled muscle in my left bicep, or rotator cuff something.

Smokerman

Veteran
Surgery is done and once again I can walk pain free and feels great. Pain from the surgery is another story but at least that’s only temporary. On a side note when they did a CT it caught something on my kidney that they want to look into. But at least I can walk PAIN FREE.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Walking pain free, congratulations, I'm glad the surgery was a success and hopefully the condition is resolved.:good:

Smokerman

Veteran
So the surgeon called today and said the results of the kidney CT is cancer getting referred to urologist.