What's new

LED Retailers...

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
i still can't get the reps to tell me they even have 4G lights for growing...

if you have all the pricing for 4G will you PM me? i will add the 4G info to my charts... :good:

same here... I was told the 4g are exclusively for aquariums...

oneshot has the hook up there it seems... he should talk to his rep and see if he can take care of all of us :D

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Even here, the reps are baffling.
I've been having a back-and-forth w/ a Lumigrow rep. pretty much begging for a deal, lol!

After my initial contact, I wrote back, explaining my Op.

I am a hobby grower who has relied on HID lighting for many years.
I am currently using LED's as supplemental lighting along w/ HID* bulbs hung vertically. (I have a Kessil 350 magenta & a ProGrow 260)
I am experimenting* w/ this in a 4' x 4' tent. My thoughts were to "brighten the corners" w/ the LED's, and the ES 165 seemed like the perfect compliment for this approach, so I'm dismayed to hear of your discontinuation.
As a hobby grower i have no monetary rewards, so cost is a concern.
I'm assuming you still have ES 165's stocked, as they're still listed on your website. Is there a chance to purchase them at a reduced cost w/ the 3 yr. warranty?

He wrote back, bashing my light selection, lol! I also mentioned maybe buying an E-Shine. OUCH!
They have no ES165's left, advising me to go elsewhere.
I didn't mention igrowhydro, and asked if they were selling the LumiBars exclusively.
Greners and Grower’s House can both get those products for their customers but we haven’t really reached out to that market segment yet as we are sending them out to researchers and commercial growers just about as soon as they are made.

I also wrote how
I frequent an LED grower forum which is wonderful for sharing information in this burgeoning LED growing field.
Many are finding they'd rather use* multiple units with overlapping footprints than one sole light source, such as the ES330 as you suggested.
This is why the ES165 is so attractive to me.

He replied:
I have heard the argument of using many smaller units to create overlap and can see the logic in that route.* The only question I would have with that option is how well do the lower power diodes penetrate.

I thought this would be helpful here in the retailer's thread, I know I'm gleaning all my sources from up here on the fence, and I appreciate all of you sharing as well. ;)

oneshot

I would love to see what he wrote about other brand lights. I find bashing someone else's products openly is bad business.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He replied: "I have heard the argument of using many smaller units to create overlap and can see the logic in that route.* The only question I would have with that option is how well do the lower power diodes penetrate."

This was the Lumigrow rep that you were communicating with? It seems pretty odd since the 165 uses the same board & leds, driven at the same power, as the 330. I don't know who you dealt with, but I have found both Rob and Neil to be helpful in the past. I really like the design of the California Lightworks Solar Flare, if that is any help. It's too bad that it doesn't have the adjustable output like the Lumigrow, though.

LeeROI

Just a note that the ES165 I bought at the greners Easter sale (drop shipped with zero stealth) is a 1.1 version. The LED circuit board says 2009 and the fan is offset in the sheet metal.

oneshot

Been thinking that 2 of those 84X-Pro from HGL would fit perfectly in the tent I have.

LEDs are addicting :(

oneshot

damn oneshot, go for it !!! :D

There are these dark areas on the sides of my light that are bugging the crap out of me :( I can't get the light any higher to spread it out more. The 84's look like 2 of them would cover perfectly. I wonder if they discount on multiple units. Lumigrow not making the ES165s anymore is blah and the lumibars are too long!

Here are the eShine 4g prices.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
thanks oneshot... i will add those to my charts ASAP...

btw, have you checked into going with something vertical in your corners...? T5's, Lumigrow Lumibar, Welthink WEX-C150, TI Smartbar...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i like the look of the 84Xpro as well, just one fan per unit which would be handy... but they would need about 18" or more gap from light to canopy in order to spread to a 2x2 footprint and i just havent got that height to spare in my 4ft cab... so eventually i would like to go for 2 x 126X (1w) which would just fit my 24 x 28 space. probably only about 6" gap to canopy means i could have a nice tall canopy above my screen again which is one of the reasons i generally get good yields.
the 84Xpro and 336Xpro are their two bestselling lights.
VG

Last edited:

oneshot

The Lumibars are too much $ and height for side lighting right now. Self employed and don't want to spend that money.

I think 2' T5's would work. Never heard of that Smartbar. Is there a place in the states to get the Welthinks?

EDIT: ^^^ How quiet are HGL units? The eShine has fairly high noise fans.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
T5's are good but need to be really close to the plants - like 2-3", so they may get in the way of the led's.
having said that i need to put my UV t5's back in my cab for the next grow. just need to work out how!

GP73LPC

Veteran
The Lumibars are too much $ and height for side lighting right now. Self employed and don't want to spend that money.

I think 2' T5's would work. Never heard of that Smartbar. Is there a place in the states to get the Welthinks?

EDIT: ^^^ How quiet are HGL units? The eShine has fairly high noise fans.

the smartbars look cool, google them...

you can get the welthinks from a US location, but they are just the US distributor for the manufacturer. they want you to buy 4 units, but i know several guys who buy, stock and sell them (this way you can buy just 1 unit, but they are more pricey that way)...

oneshot

The HGL rep is telling me that their lights will be a night and day difference from the eShines and the eShine was just a prototype that never went into full production under the HGL name.

I am so tempted :(

GP73LPC

Veteran
There are these dark areas on the sides of my light that are bugging the crap out of me :( I can't get the light any higher to spread it out more. The 84's look like 2 of them would cover perfectly. I wonder if they discount on multiple units. Lumigrow not making the ES165s anymore is blah and the lumibars are too long!

Here are the eShine 4g prices.

View Image

am i reading this right? all these lights are 220V?

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I still think the ES165 being discontinued is odd - I just got this press release from Lumigrow this morning, and they mention it as still being part of their lineup.

LumiGrow Signs Strategic Distribution Agreement with Hydrofarm to Serve the Indoor Gardening Industry
Novato, CA, April 3, 2012 – LumiGrow, Inc. (www.lumigrow.com), the leading provider of smart horticultural lighting, today announced that it has signed a North American distribution agreement with Hydrofarm, Inc., one of the world’s largest wholesalers and manufacturers of indoor gardening products.

Hydrofarm’s six state-of-the-art distribution centers will make LumiGrow LED lighting for greenhouses, controlled environment agriculture farms and urban gardens readily available to more than 1,500 garden center and hydroponic equipment retailers throughout the United States and Canada.

Designed and built in the US, the LumiGrow product line is independently proven to improve crop yields and reduce operating costs by half compared to conventional lighting. Growers gain more control over crop characteristics with the LumiGrow solution’s tunable color spectrum. The LumiGrow solution’s compact, all-in-one design minimizes canopy shadowing and eliminates the cost and complexity of systems requiring fans, ballasts and reflectors.

Hydrofarm will carry the full LumiGrow product line including the ES330™ and ES165™ systems for greenhouses and indoor gardens, the LumiBar™ LED strip light for shelf systems and the LumiBulb™ red and far red LED light bulbs for supplementary light applications.

oneshot

It seems as if all LED companies themselves have no idea wtf is even going on lol

and GP, they are a range of AC. You can get them whatever you need.